Ohio State 28 Illinois 3

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Ohio State 28 Illinois 3

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Closer than I thought it would be. Buckeyes looked so-so again on offense and very good on defense.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Ohio State 28 Illinois 3

Post by Omega »

The important things to take away from the game is that TOSU is 10-0 and still in the hunt for the BIG and CFP championships.

First of all, credit the Illini defense. They kept pressure on Barrett and the receivers, and held Elliott to short gains until late in the third quarter.

The good: Ezekiel Elliot, TOSU defensive line, TOSU punting, a special team blocked kick.

The bad: TOSU offensive line until late in the game.

The ugly: TOSU's place kicking. turnovers, and mental lapses.

The average: JT Barrett.

I felt JT Barrett not playing last week because of suspension disrupted the continuity of tempo on offense.

Next week versus Sparty will be interesting. Dantonio will have his team ready, especially special teams. TOSU could be in for a long afternoon if the Buckeyes have another average performance. I shudder if the outcome hinges on place kicking.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

This game was boring, but at least they won comfortably unlike TTUN surviving in Bloomington! Game of the day easy, even if it was a freshman or reserve game.That Indiana running back is an absolute stud, maybe even better than Elliot or just as good.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

cbolt wrote:This game was boring, but at least they won comfortably unlike TTUN surviving in Bloomington! Game of the day easy, even if it was a freshman or reserve game.That Indiana running back is an absolute stud, maybe even better than Elliot or just as good.
Indiana's running back last year was an absolute stud too. Think he got drafted by the Falcons.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Tevin Coleman yep he was pretty good.This guy now was a transfer from UAB,didn't he get hurt early in the OSU game? I shudder to think how that might have turned out had he stayed in.I went back and looked at his stats from that game and Bucks had him pretty well bottled up when he left in the first half even though it was clearly bothering him before that.Elliot and Barrett have to be licking their chops after seeing this guy make chopped liver out of the mighty TTUN defense.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the score should have been 35-3.we got robbed the 1st drive of a td. and the game was described as workmanlike. but I saw a total domination by a very very deep ohio state team, offensively and defensively. against a very good illini defense.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

D looked real good

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “College Sports”