J T Barrett arrested for OVI

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

J T Barrett arrested for OVI

Post by dazed&confused »

Report from 11 Warriors that J T Barrett was taken into custody early Saturday morning near OSU campus for operating a vehicle under the influence. That's just great! :roll: :twisted:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: J T Barrett arrested for OVI

Post by dazed&confused »

Cardale Jones......"How do like me now?" :o

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Cardale Jones gave him a ride home

You can't handle the truth
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

he has been suspended for the Minnesota game. possibly more.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Clearing some stuff up here.
Barrett was sited, not arrested.
He didn't skip the checkpoint, he blew a .085 at the checkpoint. Barely over the legal limit, but well over for someone under 21.
He was sited (received a ticket) for OVI, and was not allowed to drive any further.
Cardale Jones gave him a ride home.

Under the student drug/alcohol policy, this was his first offense. He will be put into a program and have to meet with a coordinator and take additional prevention education. He will be subject to additional random testing, and any positive result at any time will be considered a second offense.

A second offense requires a 2 game suspension.
As a first offense, he did not require a 2 game suspension. In fact, he was not required a suspension at all. However, Urban is suspending him for at least one game, and the suspension is labeled as "ongoing"

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

JT needs to be wiser than that. He is a kid. But, It seems foolish and selfish. I hope this doesnt come back to hurt the Buckeyes in the future. Though he will serve his suspension against Minnesota.. Hope things will be good from here on out...

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

An 18 year old can kill terrorists and defend freedoms, and is called a man.
A 20 year old drinks a beer and drives, blows slightly over limit, and is a kid?

Barrett made a mistake, the young man has owned it, and will still be a great Buckeye.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

praise god he is okay and never hurt anybody or himself. he I been there too. just lucky to have never hurt myself or anybody else all them years ago,

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:An 18 year old can kill terrorists and defend freedoms, and is called a man.
A 20 year old drinks a beer and drives, blows slightly over limit, and is a kid?

Barrett made a mistake, the young man has owned it, and will still be a great Buckeye.
Indeed, he righted the ship.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree Dubs these guys are no longer kids they are out of high school and young men now.They have to make decisions that will affect the rest of their lives.I just said the other day I was afraid something bad would happen and now this, just hope its not the start of more bad stuff.This is the last man on the team I would expect this from,I thought he was the most level headed of anybody,but goes to show nobody is perfect.Jones has his chance to reclaim what he lost.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Adios! Sent him back to Texas

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Saw something where the AD said this morning he will able to play against Illinois.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Still remember when Bellisari got his DUI.Tress suspended him indefinitely.I know he missed the TTUN game and lost his captain status, but can't remember if he played in the bowl game or not.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:An 18 year old can kill terrorists and defend freedoms, and is called a man.

Definitely agree Dubby, The legal limit range I always thought was bull crap anyways. Not everyone is the same in how alcohol effects ability. I know drinking and driving kill's but the law takes it way overboard Imo. I can see if someone is completely drunk and is noticeable but just a couple of beers or three in a 3 or 4 hour period is ridiculous to charge someone. The legal limit crap needs changed in someway. An American can defend freedom but hasn't got much freedom anymore.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Problem is trench you got a some idiots out there who can't handle their booze and drink way too much and they ruin it for everybody,it gives the impression everybody who takes a drink is going to crash and burn which is far from the truth, but people definitely have to know their limits and make other arrangements if they are too drunk to drive,that's why there is a legal limit to drink and drive.I think the legal age limit should be 18,that's when your considered old enough to be charged as an adult and sent off to war.They probably make it 21 to try to deter the college drinking,but it doesn't work.JMO

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Interesting article on how police have to conduct these checkpoints.Also it's very strange he wasn't arrested.
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/201 ... tions.html

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The only issue I have is him driving while drinking, not a smart move. Yes, I know he is 20 but come n, it's past time to change the legal drinking age.
Last edited by alabama mike on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The only issue I have is him driving while drinking, not a smart move. Yes, I know he is 20 but come on, it's past time to change the legal drinking age.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Problem is trench you got a some idiots out there who can't handle their booze and drink way too much and they ruin it for everybody,it gives the impression everybody who takes a drink is going to crash and burn which is far from the truth, but people definitely have to know their limits and make other arrangements if they are too drunk to drive,that's why there is a legal limit to drink and drive.I think the legal age limit should be 18,that's when your considered old enough to be charged as an adult and sent off to war.They probably make it 21 to try to deter the college drinking,but it doesn't work.JMO
I know inebriated idiot drivers have ruined it for others, but going on the smell of alcohol being present by law enforcement sets the stage for an alcohol test. If a person doesn't appear to be too drunk and can carry on a civil conversation and not wobbly on his feet by an officer but still tests over the legal limit they should not be charged for dui, but made to have other transportation available or someone else drive. "Everyone" that tests a little over the bull crap legal limit shouldn't be charged. An officer if any sense at all can tell when someone has had way to much to drink. Charge those people not the ones that went out to eat or something and had a couple of beers or a couple glasses of wine with their dinner. That legal limit crap is blown way out of proportion Imo and ruins good peoples lives in the long run. They need a new system to protect the ones that know their limit. It's hard to say a person will pass a alcohol test by knowing there limit. Know way of knowing that really, you just got to go on how ya feel and let time pass by a bit before ya drive but even that could get ya a dui. But busting people that are not drunk at all but had a drink is not right at all. Field sobriety tests is not the answer either because some can't past those completely sober. :lol: :lol: Age limit: They seem to think 3 more years people will make better decisions at age 21 and be more mature while drinking alcohol. If they are going to do that then make the military age limit 21. :lol: :lol: :lol: They drink in there too. :lol: :lol: :lol: Might get drunk and mess up in there. :lol: :lol: :lol: Crazy stuff Bolt. It needs a little fixing though. Everyone isn't enibriated that's driving while drinking.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Them tests are set up for people to fail,true a lot of sober people couldn't pass them.The breathalyzers have proven notoriously inaccurate over the years.It is interesting how some people can get by with more than others can.Manziel was witnessed driving around 90 mph weaving in and out of traffic driving on the berm and even told the cop he had a couple drinks earlier,but they let him drive on.Me or you probably would have been going to the Cuyahoga county jail.It all depends on the cop.Years ago I remember in Perry County a cop let a high ranking firefighter from Columbus go one late night all drunked up because he was in the good ole boy club, just told him to go home,well he went on to wreck and kill himself that night.There are many flaws in the system.You think its bad now,could be much worse in the future.A liberal woman in New York recently introduced legislation that mandates automakers to install igntion interlocks in all vehicles before they are sold.Talk about a pita! Eventually all cars will drive themselves and they will probably still arrest people for drinking and driving :lol:.I wonder if they are setting it up to let him off easy by just giving him a citation? Something don't sound right to me,but we will see.

Return to “College Sports”