CFB National Championship - #1 Clemson vs #2 Alabama - Jan 11th at 7:30pm on ESPN

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: CFB National Championship - #1 Clemson vs #2 Alabama - Jan 11th at 7:30pm on ESPN

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME TO SAY THAT GAMEWAS AWESOME AND CONGRATULATIONS TO ALABAMA.
IN THE FINAL TOP 24 OHIO STATE WAS 4. IT WAS ALABAMA, CLEMSON, STANFORD, OHIO STATE. HONESTLY FOR MY FINAL THOUGHT HOW DO YOU PUT A 2 LOSS STANFORD OVER A 1 LOSS OHIO STATE.---I'M JUST SAYIN.

In the end, it doesnt matter.

There is the #1 team, then there are the teams that are proud to be in the top 5, then everyone else. One thing that it says is this...."Here are the top 4 teams after the smoke cleared". I would agree these 4 teams were the best in the country BEFORE the playoff committee selected the final 4 and its funny that is the way it shook out.

OSU had a great season this year. Its hard to think of what could have been without the QB controversy, the conservative play calling and the injuries. Corey Smith and Noah Brown were two big injuries and key players in the pre season offense.

The coaching staff will be better next year. They learned that you dont take the proverbial foot off the gas pedal. There will be many starting spots to fill but as we saw on the D Line in the Fiesta Bowl, they have more than capable players waiting in the wings.

Paladin
SEOP

Re: CFB National Championship - #1 Clemson vs #2 Alabama - Jan 11th at 7:30pm on ESPN

Post by Paladin »

Great game. Both teams were very good

Have gun, will travel
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I thought it was entertaining as well,the ratings were down a little from last year's championship,but better than the New Year's Eve games.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Bleeding Red wrote:Now that the season is over, here are my top players in FBS this year:

1.) McCaffrey
2.) Elliott
3.) Watson
4.) Henry

McCaffrey is just an amazing player that can do everything. Zeke plays as well without the ball as he does with it. Great hands make him an excellent receiver out of the backfield as well.

Watson played a great game last night. Probably the best dual QB in college football this year. Not much support as his #1 target is a walk on freshman.

Henry- I know he had 150 yards in the big game last night, but he goes down so easy in the backfield for a guy his size and he isnt the greatest blocker. Several times Coker was sacked because Henry simply missed blocking assignments. He very rarely catches the ball out of the backfield and unless he gets a full head of steam at the LOS, he is not really effective. I am sure he will be a good short yardage back in the NFL but I dont see him being an every down NFL back. He just isnt quick enough and cant cut like McCaffrey and Zeke can.

Just my .02 cents. I wish they would wait until after the season to do the Heisman voting!
1) Henry
2)DW
3)CM
4) LFournette
Top 4 Offensive players in College football this year. Elliot is probably a 2nd round pick. Maybe. There were some great Duel threat QBs this year. TBoykin,SRussell,BMayfield,JDobbs,PMahomes,MWilliams,VAdams....But in the end they all pale in comparison to DWatson. Deshaun completed 30 balls to 7 different recievers. Hunter Renfrow caught 7 for 88. His other guys Peake,Leggett,Wayne Train,Brooks,Artavis,and Ray-Ray caught 23 balls for 307
I dont really think that most people would quite buy into Henry going down easy :lol: ...Quick?... :lol: ....He will run a 4.45-4.49 at the combine. He is faster than the feed me guy at osu. He cuts and sees the field as well or better than feed me. Feed me does Get good body lean and runs behind his pads well. He cuts the perimeter and flat defenders well. But that is college.Catches the ball. But osu is not...well....Fournette is better than both of them. You are right red about CM

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Alabama and THE SEC have been and still are the GOLD STANDARD of College Football. They have 4-5 teams in the SEC East that needs to get back on their game. There are 2-3 teams in THE SEC West that are kind of going through some Coaching travesty... Same with the Big 14.... osu always has recruited well even when the Reverend Senator was there and The Pontif has a bigger and better blueprint....Harbaugh is a truly Great football Coach..One of the best at any level...I admire Coach Fitzgerald...they are going to play. Same with Coach C at Wisky...Msu...Solid....Have to get PSU moving and Franklin IS NOT the guy...Mike Riley at Neb?..dont know...These programs need to elevate back to where they have been to get this Conference from being a weaksister...It could really be good. Iowa is a facade. The joke didnt work. Maryland is a sleeping Giant...But DJ Durkins?.. :lol: ..UnderArmour money

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Elliott will be a first rounder.....higher than Heisman slow feet.

Henry will be a short yardage back, nothing more. He will not be able to get a full run at the LOS like he did against a weak SEC schedule. Slow feet, can't cut on a dime. Just big and strong. Don't see him having near the success as Zeke in the league. Bank on it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Just looked at the updated mock draft. One RB is projected to be drafted in the first round. Wanna take a guess?

Hint: it's not slow feet Henry.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Inspector wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Now that the season is over, here are my top players in FBS this year:

1.) McCaffrey
2.) Elliott
3.) Watson
4.) Henry

McCaffrey is just an amazing player that can do everything. Zeke plays as well without the ball as he does with it. Great hands make him an excellent receiver out of the backfield as well.

Watson played a great game last night. Probably the best dual QB in college football this year. Not much support as his #1 target is a walk on freshman.

Henry- I know he had 150 yards in the big game last night, but he goes down so easy in the backfield for a guy his size and he isnt the greatest blocker. Several times Coker was sacked because Henry simply missed blocking assignments. He very rarely catches the ball out of the backfield and unless he gets a full head of steam at the LOS, he is not really effective. I am sure he will be a good short yardage back in the NFL but I dont see him being an every down NFL back. He just isnt quick enough and cant cut like McCaffrey and Zeke can.

Just my .02 cents. I wish they would wait until after the season to do the Heisman voting!
1) Henry
2)DW
3)CM
4) LFournette
Top 4 Offensive players in College football this year. Elliot is probably a 2nd round pick. Maybe. There were some great Duel threat QBs this year. TBoykin,SRussell,BMayfield,JDobbs,PMahomes,MWilliams,VAdams....But in the end they all pale in comparison to DWatson. Deshaun completed 30 balls to 7 different recievers. Hunter Renfrow caught 7 for 88. His other guys Peake,Leggett,Wayne Train,Brooks,Artavis,and Ray-Ray caught 23 balls for 307
I dont really think that most people would quite buy into Henry going down easy :lol: ...Quick?... :lol: ....He will run a 4.45-4.49 at the combine. He is faster than the feed me guy at osu. He cuts and sees the field as well or better than feed me. Feed me does Get good body lean and runs behind his pads well. He cuts the perimeter and flat defenders well. But that is college.Catches the ball. But osu is not...well....Fournette is better than both of them. You are right red about CM
Maybe 2nd round? He runs the football well, capable of breaking many tackles, has speed, can get to the outside, once he is in the open field it's over. Has a good burst, he may sometimes try to make something that isn't there by dancing too much, but most players do. He's a solid receiver out of the backfield. And the most underestimated part of his game, he is an incredible blocker in the backfield, nobody better in the college game. I don't think he is the best at any single thing, but he is good at everything.

McAffrey definitely the best player in the country this year. I think Henry will be more than a short yardage back in the NFL. I don't think he will be every down back right away but he'll work his way there.

Fournette? Well, you saw what happend when they played good teams. Where was he at?

Watson, best dual threat in the country. When he decides to come out he's gonna be a high draft pick, a very smart QB.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Yes...2nd round..or 3rd....You have to be REAL special to be a RB and be drafted early in the show. Fournette has another year in College and there would NOT be ANY personnel person in the NFL who would rate feed me a better prospect than Fournette!... CM had a great year. Henry was the best player on the best team. And Deshaun?... :lol: Homers should watch him play more often :lol:

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I agree, you have to be special at RB to go in the first round, but I honestly think his blocking and ability to catch the ball sets him apart from any other back this year or in the past few seasons. Next year, Fournette will be the best "prospect". But, he has to stop seeking contact and just run the ball!! That won't fly in the NFL with the size and strength of guys in the league....I agree, Henry was the best player on the best team, still sore about him winning the Heisman over CM...I watched Watson in nearly every game this year, I don't recall a single bad game. Great dual threat, smart with the ball, good arm, he's special.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I seen something the other day that I thought was hilarious. It was said that the BIG 10 made some big improvements this year and they are now probly the third best confrence in college football. It was a ex-Buckeye that said it. It wasn't Herbsteit either.
SEC
PAC 12
Then maybe the Big 10.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Zeke already projected as a first rounder. .....the only RB to be taken in the first round. That's in all mock drafts.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote:Zeke already projected as a first rounder. .....the only RB to be taken in the first round. That's in all mock drafts.
He knows he's going in first round, he's just trying to get a rise out of buckeye fans. Could be 4-5 bucks go in rd1. Saw something the other day where 16 out of the 22 starters for the bucks in last years national title game will likely go in the nfl draft. Pretty impressive, good recruiting tool.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Zeke already projected as a first rounder. .....the only RB to be taken in the first round. That's in all mock drafts.
He knows he's going in first round, he's just trying to get a rise out of buckeye fans. Could be 4-5 bucks go in rd1. Saw something the other day where 16 out of the 22 starters for the bucks in last years national title game will likely go in the nfl draft. Pretty impressive, good recruiting tool.

It is a great recruiting tool. The downside is, they chase the money after 3 years out of high school, but thats the nature of the beast!

As far as Inspector/General- I rarely pay him the respect he doesnt deserve to even reply to his posts. Just pointing out more facts that he so seldom chooses to pay attention to.

Zeke is projected middle first round and going to the Colts. That may very well be a good fit as he will play right away and still be close to Columbus and St Louis.

The real surprise is Bosa is projected 3-5 depending on how teams trade their picks. IMO he is easily the best pick in the draft. He will still get double teamed in the NFL but it will be less often. I expect him to be a force.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I think zeke separates himself from all the others mentioned because zeke is an excellent blocker and has great hands if you want to throw the ball to him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME TO SAY THAT GAMEWAS AWESOME AND CONGRATULATIONS TO ALABAMA.
IN THE FINAL TOP 24 OHIO STATE WAS 4. IT WAS ALABAMA, CLEMSON, STANFORD, OHIO STATE. HONESTLY FOR MY FINAL THOUGHT HOW DO YOU PUT A 2 LOSS STANFORD OVER A 1 LOSS OHIO STATE.---I'M JUST SAYIN.

In the end, it doesnt matter.

There is the #1 team, then there are the teams that are proud to be in the top 5, then everyone else. One thing that it says is this...."Here are the top 4 teams after the smoke cleared". I would agree these 4 teams were the best in the country BEFORE the playoff committee selected the final 4 and its funny that is the way it shook out.

OSU had a great season this year. Its hard to think of what could have been without the QB controversy, the conservative play calling and the injuries. Corey Smith and Noah Brown were two big injuries and key players in the pre season offense.

The coaching staff will be better next year. They learned that you dont take the proverbial foot off the gas pedal. There will be many starting spots to fill but as we saw on the D Line in the Fiesta Bowl, they have more than capable players waiting in the wings.
I agree red. I don't see this happening again. the bigger concerns for buckeye fans is replacing everybody leaving.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know they had their chance I still think with barrett under center. feeding zeke, and urban cALLING THE PLAYS WE COULD HAVE WON IT ALL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

lol easy for me to type eh.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree about zeke, he'll be an awesome pro.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Inspector wrote:

1.) McCaffrey
2.) Elliott
3.) Watson
4.) Henry

1) Henry
2)DW
3)CM
4) LFournette

I predict Elliot gets drafted over any of these 4 write it down, and we'll chat after the draft.

Return to “College Sports”