Duke defeats Indiana 44-41 in OT in the Pinstripe Bowl

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Duke defeats Indiana 44-41 in OT in the Pinstripe Bowl

Post by Bleeding Red »

It certainly looked good to me and it appears Indiana got hosed.

NCAA should make it mandatory that ALL scoring plays can be reviewed. Its asinine they cant review a game winning or extending FG because of the way it was called on the field.

Had the officials called the FG good, they would not have been able to review it either.

These officials take sometimes 10 minutes during reviews. I understand they want to get the call right on the field but it seems crazy to handcuff them by not being able to review calls in situations like this.

On the flip side, if the knucklehead kicker would have just put it through the uprights or Indiana's defense could actually stop someone it would not have been an issue!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I feel your guys pain, but I just don't see how they could overturn a call on the field with clear undeniable evidence that is so hard to see when the ball is in the air that high and so close to one of the posts.I know most BIG fans will say it was good and just the opposite for ACC fans so they can't please everybody and I agree Red that kicker and bad defense are the main ones to blame.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Regardless I still feel Indiana got the shaft...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I agree.

Return to “College Sports”