Yahoo Sports uncovers SEC problems

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Yahoo Sports uncovers SEC problems

Post by dazed&confused »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--doc ... 13237.html

Too exhaustive to display so here is the link to Yahoo Sports latest revelation. Alabama is affected here and could even be in danger of having their NCAA Championships vacated.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Re: Yahoo Sports uncovers SEC problems

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

As much as discipline is deserved I'm sure nothing will happen. The NCAA is so inconsistent with their rulings that a minor penalty may be issued at best. For some reason everyone now a days finds it neccessary that amateur NCAA athletes should be compensated. Although when Reggie bush did it at USC and the kids at osu sold their OWN hard earned stuff for money they were thugs and the university's were garbage for allowing it to happen.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Universities are not treated equally for sure. But I agree, nothing will happen

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:As much as discipline is deserved I'm sure nothing will happen. The NCAA is so inconsistent with their rulings that a minor penalty may be issued at best. For some reason everyone now a days finds it neccessary that amateur NCAA athletes should be compensated. Although when Reggie bush did it at USC and the kids at osu sold their OWN hard earned stuff for money they were thugs and the university's were garbage for allowing it to happen.
USC had far more happen to them than OSU, for the record. OSU lost a coach (who covered up NCAA violations) and replaced him with one far superior. One could argue OSU made out of the deal pretty well, other than their own arrogance not taking a bowl ban for the 2011 season costing them a shot at the 2012 championship.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I agree with what you're saying. USC was hammered, they definitely took a huge hit. OSU is product of the ole case if falling in a pile of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose. We were very fortunate the quick turnaround and the events that happened following the sanctions. Everyone knows the university made a bad choice to play in the gator bowl, nobody denies that. There's no guarantee it would kept the NCAA from post season banning us last year anyways. And tressel covering info made things worse and increased the punishment but the players were still looking at suspensions and were dogged by the country even before the tressel part broke news

I was mainly taking a jab at the media. Regardless of the punishment when Reggie bush did it or when the osu kids sold their stuff, they media made them out to be monsters and horrible horrible people and used the word thugs to describe what they did. Now everyone says pay the players they deserve it and nothing was done wrong. No matter how its looked at if its true they committed violations just like the other schools

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Nothing will happen down in the good ole boys network,it will be forgotten and they will keep winning championships.

fightingtigers45
S

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:I agree with what you're saying. USC was hammered, they definitely took a huge hit. OSU is product of the ole case if falling in a pile of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose. We were very fortunate the quick turnaround and the events that happened following the sanctions. Everyone knows the university made a bad choice to play in the gator bowl, nobody denies that. There's no guarantee it would kept the NCAA from post season banning us last year anyways. And tressel covering info made things worse and increased the punishment but the players were still looking at suspensions and were dogged by the country even before the tressel part broke news

I was mainly taking a jab at the media. Regardless of the punishment when Reggie bush did it or when the osu kids sold their stuff, they media made them out to be monsters and horrible horrible people and used the word thugs to describe what they did. Now everyone says pay the players they deserve it and nothing was done wrong. No matter how its looked at if its true they committed violations just like the other schools
Was it not thuggish? Trading their memorabilia for tattoos and drugs? Honestly sounds very thuggish to me.

Don't get me wrong, the best team in Florida history was made up full of thugs. I'm just saying what they did was the definition of thug.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I guess we'll agree to disagree. What they did was dumb and immature. I would far from consider someone a thug for selling their own stuff, hell I sale my stuff all the time to buy new things or something I'd rather have. Am I thug? Furthest thing from it lol. If they went out and stole all of the items then went and hustled them off for cash, drugs or whatever then yea.

But it is what it is. It's done and over, people have their perceptions and opinions and that's fine, they're entitled to them. Just happy as a program to be able to move forward past all of it in a quick and positive manner

fightingtigers45
S

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:I guess we'll agree to disagree. What they did was dumb and immature. I would far from consider someone a thug for selling their own stuff, hell I sale my stuff all the time to buy new things or something I'd rather have. Am I thug? Furthest thing from it lol. If they went out and stole all of the items then went and hustled them off for cash, drugs or whatever then yea.

But it is what it is. It's done and over, people have their perceptions and opinions and that's fine, they're entitled to them. Just happy as a program to be able to move forward past all of it in a quick and positive manner
I'll make one more attempt to explain my point...

What I'm saying--they sold items that others would have killed for. Traded the traditions of their prestigious university...for tattoos and drugs. To me, that's a thug. Sell them for cash? Not a thug. Trade them for that? Thugs.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:I guess we'll agree to disagree. What they did was dumb and immature. I would far from consider someone a thug for selling their own stuff, hell I sale my stuff all the time to buy new things or something I'd rather have. Am I thug? Furthest thing from it lol. If they went out and stole all of the items then went and hustled them off for cash, drugs or whatever then yea.

What I'm saying--they sold items that others would have killed for. Traded the traditions of their prestigious university...for tattoos and drugs. To me, that's a thug. Sell them for cash? Not a thug. Trade them for that? Thugs.
Sometimes I wish sites like this had a like button, similar to Facebook.
This post FT, would have gotten one.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:

Fair enough, good point made. The sentimental value those items held to players, fans and the university was definitely a back breaker in all of it for everyone. Just glad it's over with and in the past. What I was getting at from the start, was it was bad for USC and osu when players took improper benefits, now a couple years later a few stories break and alot of the media is supporting them

Return to “College Sports”