WEEK 1. OHIO STATE @ INDIANA -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WEEK 1. OHIO STATE @ INDIANA -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by smurray »

JT's only attempt downfield was a perfectly thrown bomb on target in stride for a TD, but wait - it was dropped. JT is just fine, he runs the offense the way they want him to. Very conservative first half. When they finally opened it up in the second half we saw a blowout.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

smurray I used to tell my youth football players when I coached. if the ball is coming over your shoulder or back. press your lil fingers together and make a basket for the ball with one over the other locking them together.if it is coming at you frontwards do the same with your thumbs and make a basket and put one thumb over the other. all kids should know this that catch a football. but I see guys getting their hands crossed up backwards, hands apart. if that receiver had his lil fingers interlocked that was a td, but they were at least a foot apart.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

We'll take this win against a much improved Indiana team.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:59 pm We'll take this win against a much improved Indiana team.

For sure. Unless the loss vs OSU totally deflates them, I can see Indy pulling a few big upsets and getting in a very good bowl game this year, barring injuries.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

To me this offense looks much like the same offense that got behind on Clemson and got shut out. Against a very good defense that can limit the long runs or run after the catch. The offense gets bottled up. With not the threat to throw the ball over 15 yards.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

farmer wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:46 pm To me this offense looks much like the same offense that got behind on Clemson and got shut out. Against a very good defense that can limit the long runs or run after the catch. The offense gets bottled up. With not the threat to throw the ball over 15 yards.
And too many people are blaming JT for that. Buckeyes have no WR's capable of the deep threat on a consistent basis. They aren't getting the 6'5" receivers who can go up and get it.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

You do not have to be 6'5 to go long but they have 2 freshman 6'4 and 2 6'5. Last year they had Noah Brown. After a hot start he became mainly a blocker. Some of JT's short passes are not even close. Strange that a lot of other schools can manage to throw downfield with lesser talent at WR.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Only the 6' 04" guy

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “College Sports”