tOSU vs Penn State

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: tOSU vs Penn State

Post by Raider6309 »

#2 vs #8. Should be a good one
Last edited by Raider6309 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:18 pm By the way, county. Rectum is in many States, and even basic cable through Rectum gets WTTE in any state that has Rectum customers. You will have no trouble getting the game in the Sunshine State, even if staying in a Hotel. I don't care for Rectum. They raise rates without notice, and have every excuse in the book about everything they do.

That sounds promising trench...….I am interested to know if the Chiefs did or did not put in for a playoff game :? :? :? :?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:26 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:18 pm By the way, county. Rectum is in many States, and even basic cable through Rectum gets WTTE in any state that has Rectum customers. You will have no trouble getting the game in the Sunshine State, even if staying in a Hotel. I don't care for Rectum. They raise rates without notice, and have every excuse in the book about everything they do.

That sounds promising trench...….I am interested to know if the Chiefs did or did not put in for a playoff game :? :? :? :?
I heard no last week, but I'll find out for sure. Can't take much of gossip around here lately.I'll ask my cousin to find out for me. His wife's Mother is the School Assistant superintendent. Can't get much better info from someone than that. May take a few days, because he's a busy computer programmer, and sometimes hard to get ahold of. I'll PM ya when I get an answer.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 pm
countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:26 pm

I heard no last week, but I'll find out for sure. Can't take much of gossip around here lately.I'll ask my cousin to find out for me. His wife's Mother is the School Assistant superintendent. Can't get much better info from someone than that. May take a few days, because he's a busy computer programmer, and sometimes hard to get ahold of. I'll PM ya when I get an answer.

10-4

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

last I hear they didn't put in for a game. I would have though with the center being opened this week they would have put in for one and have it open so people could take a quick look at it before or during the game Friday night or Saturday.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:48 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:34 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:12 pm

I might be coming back to visit your post, Dazed. But I doubt it this year. :(
No problem. This isn't like any Bucks team I can remember for a long time.
Yep, well oiled machine. One of the best I've seen. Hardly any weaknesses anywhere on the field. Definitely got it going on. Going to take a lot for anyone to defeat them.
This got me to thinking (I think I pulled a hammy doing that😁) but what is the best Buckeye team you can remember? Not who won it all but the most complete. Not talking about Woody's 50s teams or Paul Brown's 40s teams. If you remember those, God bless you. I started with the 68 team. It reminded me more of the 2014 team. Overcame some tight games and beat a team at the end they weren't expected to. But I think this team reminds me of the 1975 team. Archie's senior season. Should've stomped UCLA in the Rose Bowl. Hope this team finishes out.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:53 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:37 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:35 pm

My Boat will probably sink Saturday, Red. Penn State is no push over this year, but to be honest they just haven't got enough to do what it will take to win in the shoe. Next two coming years they will be better/matured to take on any task, IMO. Hoping anyways.
I agree. PSU will continue to get better. IMO ttun will stay about the same due to QB issues and O line issues. MSU will get worse.

Ohio State will continue to reload. I think for the next few years OSU and Penn State are the teams to beat.

Fair assessment Red....quickly like to say your falcons had a good season...played competitive football and earned a post season berth....you guys have a 3/4 team right now that is pretty dang good too....of course they are 9/10yr old kids but they stay together red they will have a nice team......when that 3/4 Minford team goes up against the white 3/4 team from Jackson its about as good as a game at the age level you'll see....and when I say that I say that with meaning both teams are fundamentally sound, and hit.....

What's your thoughts on the team out there in Lincoln Nebraska??…...I read where they extended Scott Frosts contract and cant help but think they will get lot better as well. I think the BIG10 both divisions are in good shape. Of course can always improve but its good to see Iowa in the rankings and as well as Minnesota having the year they are having. MSU is in bad shape and seem to be on downward spiral as well....ever since the horrible scandal that rocked that campus it seems Sparty has not been the same....do you foresee the head football coach gone in the near future????

Now a little playoff talk.....whos in if....OSU wins out and BIG10Champs.....Georgia wins out SECChamps….Clemson wins out ACC CHamps….OU wins out BIG12Champs..Oregon wins out PAC12 Champs.......LSU one loss....Bama one loss?????......IMO the committee don't put enough emphasis on being a conference champ...….
Nebraska is a tough one to read. I thought Scott Frost would come in and really take off with the program. Its not like they are playing 2 and 3 star players. They have talent.
I guess one can always say that he is really not playing with "His recruits" yet, to be fair. But it seems they play so undiciplined football, the mental mistakes......that is on him. And that is HIS staff.

He could always choose to plug in his players/recruits since it seems like the season is a wash anyways, but he doesnt. That tells me that "his players" are really no better than the ones under performing. The old saying is you cant lose with upper classmen. If you are going to lose, put the younger kids in for the experience to build on.

That doesnt seem to be happening. I think next year that program will get back on track or will go into the sink hole that FSU, UT and other schools are currently in. Seems once they get in that black hole, its really hard to turn it around.

As the great Lombardi once said, "winning isnt a sometimes thing, its an all the time thing. Unfortunately so is losing!"

Once the stench of losing is in the air it effects recruiting, talent, ability to get great coaches, etc. The program abyss!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm
countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:53 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:37 pm

I agree. PSU will continue to get better. IMO ttun will stay about the same due to QB issues and O line issues. MSU will get worse.

Ohio State will continue to reload. I think for the next few years OSU and Penn State are the teams to beat.

Fair assessment Red....quickly like to say your falcons had a good season...played competitive football and earned a post season berth....you guys have a 3/4 team right now that is pretty dang good too....of course they are 9/10yr old kids but they stay together red they will have a nice team......when that 3/4 Minford team goes up against the white 3/4 team from Jackson its about as good as a game at the age level you'll see....and when I say that I say that with meaning both teams are fundamentally sound, and hit.....

What's your thoughts on the team out there in Lincoln Nebraska??…...I read where they extended Scott Frosts contract and cant help but think they will get lot better as well. I think the BIG10 both divisions are in good shape. Of course can always improve but its good to see Iowa in the rankings and as well as Minnesota having the year they are having. MSU is in bad shape and seem to be on downward spiral as well....ever since the horrible scandal that rocked that campus it seems Sparty has not been the same....do you foresee the head football coach gone in the near future????

Now a little playoff talk.....whos in if....OSU wins out and BIG10Champs.....Georgia wins out SECChamps….Clemson wins out ACC CHamps….OU wins out BIG12Champs..Oregon wins out PAC12 Champs.......LSU one loss....Bama one loss?????......IMO the committee don't put enough emphasis on being a conference champ...….
Nebraska is a tough one to read. I thought Scott Frost would come in and really take off with the program. Its not like they are playing 2 and 3 star players. They have talent.
I guess one can always say that he is really not playing with "His recruits" yet, to be fair. But it seems they play so undiciplined football, the mental mistakes......that is on him. And that is HIS staff.

He could always choose to plug in his players/recruits since it seems like the season is a wash anyways, but he doesnt. That tells me that "his players" are really no better than the ones under performing. The old saying is you cant lose with upper classmen. If you are going to lose, put the younger kids in for the experience to build on.

That doesnt seem to be happening. I think next year that program will get back on track or will go into the sink hole that FSU, UT and other schools are currently in. Seems once they get in that black hole, its really hard to turn it around.

As the great Lombardi once said, "winning isnt a sometimes thing, its an all the time thing. Unfortunately so is losing!"

Once the stench of losing is in the air it effects recruiting, talent, ability to get great coaches, etc. The program abyss!

pretty good red...…...scott frost was playing during my glory days of high school before playing in college myself and I was and still am a HUGE fan of option football and boy could he run it...….for that reason and the sake of the BIG10 I hope he does turn it around there.....he seemed to sure have success in the sunshine state...…..

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:44 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:48 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:34 pm
No problem. This isn't like any Bucks team I can remember for a long time.
Yep, well oiled machine. One of the best I've seen. Hardly any weaknesses anywhere on the field. Definitely got it going on. Going to take a lot for anyone to defeat them.
This got me to thinking (I think I pulled a hammy doing that😁) but what is the best Buckeye team you can remember? Not who won it all but the most complete. Not talking about Woody's 50s teams or Paul Brown's 40s teams. If you remember those, God bless you. I started with the 68 team. It reminded me more of the 2014 team. Overcame some tight games and beat a team at the end they weren't expected to. But I think this team reminds me of the 1975 team. Archie's senior season. Should've stomped UCLA in the Rose Bowl. Hope this team finishes out.
I'd have to think about that a bit, Dazed. But I would put this OSU team up there with some other good ones as far as completeness goes. I've tried to catch/see some weakness all over on this team and having a hard time finding any. Might see some this Saturday playing against one of the better teams on the Bucks schedule, but to be honest, I doubt it. I'm hoping though that Penn State is better than I'm expecting. Never know, but playing in Columbus will put the last nail in the coffin for PSU. No predictions here but hope. :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

go buckeyes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The last two year PS had taken a near 2 TD lead only to lose...(I think)

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

There you are! Me and trenchy was thinking you must have jumped off the big poopigan ship . :lol:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Not gone anywhere,, c-butt....... Just been laying in the weeds watching all you Columbus fans beating your chests and making fools of yourselves... enjoy it while you can because your day will come..........

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Rain now forecast for much of the game (I hate these noon starts). Not sure how much it will effect tOSU after we saw their offense explode against Wisky in a downpour.

If anything, I think it makes PSU much more one dimensional to the running game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Let's get to the playoffs already. The conference should not have 5 teams in the top 15 period and definitely not have PSU and Minny in the top 10. The Bucks will get their shot to prove how good they are in late December but the next 2 weeks are all overblown hype again this year. Penn State is fairly young, have no running game, their best wr is gimped up and they'll have to rely on a TE to get them yardage. Michigan has no chance with Patterson behind center next week. The only chance either have is their defense but being on the field all day won't help. I'm already looking forward to a Clemson, LSU, Georgia, Alabama - OSU matchup and am hoping the PAC-12 or Big-12 doesn't sneak a team in that will get pummeled by whoever they would play.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:27 am Rain now forecast for much of the game (I hate these noon starts). Not sure how much it will effect tOSU after we saw their offense explode against Wisky in a downpour.

If anything, I think it makes PSU much more one dimensional to the running game.

Bring it on red !!!! BIG10 Football weather at its finest. Like to see one of em sunny pampered schools have to win their conference in 25-30degree temps wind swirling with rain and snow blowing in their face.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:04 pm Let's get to the playoffs already. The conference should not have 5 teams in the top 15 period and definitely not have PSU and Minny in the top 10. The Bucks will get their shot to prove how good they are in late December but the next 2 weeks are all overblown hype again this year. Penn State is fairly young, have no running game, their best wr is gimped up and they'll have to rely on a TE to get them yardage. Michigan has no chance with Patterson behind center next week. The only chance either have is their defense but being on the field all day won't help. I'm already looking forward to a Clemson, LSU, Georgia, Alabama - OSU matchup and am hoping the PAC-12 or Big-12 doesn't sneak a team in that will get pummeled by whoever they would play.

Bama don’t want the bucks with Tua out. Not sure they would want them with him healthy.

LSU has something for em. And only reason I say that is because they have a former OSU QB leading their charge playing with a chip to get to em.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OSU hasn't done well this time of year in the rain. One time it was Sparty and another time Penn State. I think this time is different - a new Day - and the Buckeyes keep cruising.
I think the rain will hamper Penn State more than Ohio State and if unable to pass, the Buckeye Defense will clamp down on the Penn State running game. I think Penn State will have to be able to beat Ohio State through the air regardless.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

45-10 Buckeyes

Penn St is a good team.
This OSU team, when breaking down quite a few very key analytics, is the most dominant team in modern college football history.

Return to “College Sports”