2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Re: tOSU vs Penn State

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:39 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:17 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Yes, And I hate the noon games. I like the 3:30 kick offs. Don't really care for evening prime time games either. Never did.
[/quote
I agree trench...…..hard for me to stay up on till the end of 8:00 game and the 12:00 games are too early......3:3o is prime time :D
Same here, County. 3:30 is right in the middle prime time. :) Still daylight like college games should be too. Night games are for high school, IMO. :lol:

Yes the lights are for Friday nights !! Speaking of that. Did Logan get to host a game ??

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:46 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:39 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Same here, County. 3:30 is right in the middle prime time. :) Still daylight like college games should be too. Night games are for high school, IMO. :lol:

Yes the lights are for Friday nights !! Speaking of that. Did Logan get to host a game ??
I heard they didn't put in for it. Wow! Can you believe that, county?$$$$ Don't know what to think around here anymore. Not sure though, but that's what I heard. Must of been too much like work to host is all I can figure. :lol: :lol: :lol: Construction still going on out there a bit too, with the new field house. That could be it as well, but I'm really not sure to be honest.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:45 pm Who’s televising the game ??
I think ABC. 6 on my Rectum cable. :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

My bad. WTTE. Be channel 8 on Rectum cable. :lol:

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:04 pm First game of the year for OSU
Unless OSU wins by 20+, then just like Wisconsin being discarded, Penn State will be junk and Michigan will become OSU's first game of the year.

Maybe if OSU gave up 400+ rushing yards against a 4-7 team, people would say OSU was playing a tough schedule.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 pm
"Seems" and "does" are two different things. This week it falls in the "does" category. Might fall in to the "does" category in the big poop house if you keep thinking you know my thoughts. :lol:
Whatever floats your boat ;)
My Boat will probably sink Saturday, Red. Penn State is no push over this year, but to be honest they just haven't got enough to do what it will take to win in the shoe. Next two coming years they will be better/matured to take on any task, IMO. Hoping anyways.
I agree. PSU will continue to get better. IMO ttun will stay about the same due to QB issues and O line issues. MSU will get worse.

Ohio State will continue to reload. I think for the next few years OSU and Penn State are the teams to beat.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:59 pm
I heard they didn't put in for it. Wow! Can you believe that, county?$$$$ Don't know what to think around here anymore. Not sure though, but that's what I heard. Must of been too much like work to host is all I can figure. :lol: :lol: :lol: Construction still going on out there a bit too, with the new field house. That could be it as well, but I'm really not sure to be honest.[/quote]

I remember locos talking about this a couple years or so ago on the high school forum. He said after the state takes all the ticket money the school gets to keep the parking and concessions and after all bills are paid they break about even. I would hate to see what the parking would be like now with a really big game after all that parking space that was taken up. It seemed pretty crowded to me just with the Logan games this year and there were plenty of open seats available. That could be the reason, maybe the state just thought it wasn't good enough. Take the shuttle bus they would say. :lol:
BTW I like the 3:30 also and despise the noon games. :evil:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 am
I heard they didn't put in for it. Wow! Can you believe that, county?$$$$ Don't know what to think around here anymore. Not sure though, but that's what I heard. Must of been too much like work to host is all I can figure. :lol: :lol: :lol: Construction still going on out there a bit too, with the new field house. That could be it as well, but I'm really not sure to be honest.
I remember locos talking about this a couple years or so ago on the high school forum. He said after the state takes all the ticket money the school gets to keep the parking and concessions and after all bills are paid they break about even. I would hate to see what the parking would be like now with a really big game after all that parking space that was taken up. It seemed pretty crowded to me just with the Logan games this year and there were plenty of open seats available. That could be the reason, maybe the state just thought it wasn't good enough. Take the shuttle bus they would say. :lol:
BTW I like the 3:30 also and despise the noon games. :evil:
[/quote]

Agree with that Bolt...…..I guess talking about the reasoning why Logan didn't host a game is more of a high school thread,,,,,sorry guys for getting this going on the Bucks.……..I assumed that the new construction was the reason they didn't request a game but also assumed that the money aspect would trump that card (thinkin they would make money) and they would put in anyways for a game......I didn't think the money would break about even either...Maybe once the new facilities are done they can figure a way that they can make money. The new facilities being built there are going to be super nice and would like to think Logan would want to show it off more than just 5 home football games every year.....anyways we could talk about that for days...……..flying to Disney tomorrow so Ill be watching this game in FL.....BE VERY UPSET if I get down there and cant get it tuned in....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 pm

hope you are right trench......flying to Disney tomorrow evening so I hope there rectum cable is carrying it...my luck Ill get down there and they will be shoing a one of the florida teams on regional coverage..... :? :? :?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:37 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Whatever floats your boat ;)
My Boat will probably sink Saturday, Red. Penn State is no push over this year, but to be honest they just haven't got enough to do what it will take to win in the shoe. Next two coming years they will be better/matured to take on any task, IMO. Hoping anyways.
I agree. PSU will continue to get better. IMO ttun will stay about the same due to QB issues and O line issues. MSU will get worse.

Ohio State will continue to reload. I think for the next few years OSU and Penn State are the teams to beat.

Fair assessment Red....quickly like to say your falcons had a good season...played competitive football and earned a post season berth....you guys have a 3/4 team right now that is pretty dang good too....of course they are 9/10yr old kids but they stay together red they will have a nice team......when that 3/4 Minford team goes up against the white 3/4 team from Jackson its about as good as a game at the age level you'll see....and when I say that I say that with meaning both teams are fundamentally sound, and hit.....

What's your thoughts on the team out there in Lincoln Nebraska??…...I read where they extended Scott Frosts contract and cant help but think they will get lot better as well. I think the BIG10 both divisions are in good shape. Of course can always improve but its good to see Iowa in the rankings and as well as Minnesota having the year they are having. MSU is in bad shape and seem to be on downward spiral as well....ever since the horrible scandal that rocked that campus it seems Sparty has not been the same....do you foresee the head football coach gone in the near future????

Now a little playoff talk.....whos in if....OSU wins out and BIG10Champs.....Georgia wins out SECChamps….Clemson wins out ACC CHamps….OU wins out BIG12Champs..Oregon wins out PAC12 Champs.......LSU one loss....Bama one loss?????......IMO the committee don't put enough emphasis on being a conference champ...….

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 am

Take the shuttle bus they would say. :lol:

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shuttle bus. I never did do that. I even parked at the Golf course across 328 and walked over to the stadium onetime. :lol:

$$$$$ Sounds like that would be a good thing to research to see what (on average) schools bring in that host playoff games. I could find out for sure by some I know on the inside, but hate bothering them about things. One sets in a seat just below the top dog. You know who I'm talking about, Bolt. :)

But I believe you have to put in to host, or it won't happen. :lol: Did Logan put in to host? I heard they didn't, but this town is full of gossip, so I'm not sure if they did or not. :lol: Lots of false chatter most of the time going around.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

No way Penn State derails the Bucks quest. Close for a while but...tOSU 38- Penn State 13
Chase Young!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:34 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 pm

hope you are right trench......flying to Disney tomorrow evening so I hope there rectum cable is carrying it...my luck Ill get down there and they will be shoing a one of the florida teams on regional coverage..... :? :? :?
I looked at it wrong, county. Sorry. It's on WTTE. That's channel 8 on my rectum here in Logan. Don't know what WTTE would be channel wise on Florida's rectum down there. But I know they have rectum down there, and I think the main cooperate office is down there. I hope ya have luck getting it, no one wants to miss this game. :) Good luck.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:05 pm No way Penn State derails the Bucks quest. Close for a while but...tOSU 38- Penn State 13
Chase Young!
I might be coming back to visit your post, Dazed. But I doubt it this year. :(

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:12 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:05 pm No way Penn State derails the Bucks quest. Close for a while but...tOSU 38- Penn State 13
Chase Young!
No problem. This isn't like any Bucks team I can remember for a long time.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:34 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:12 pm
Chase Young!
No problem. This isn't like any Bucks team I can remember for a long time.
Yep, well oiled machine. One of the best I've seen. Hardly any weaknesses anywhere on the field. Definitely got it going on. Going to take a lot for anyone to defeat them.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You'll be alright, county. It's on the national Fox channel so the whole country should be able to see it. Three major networks are doing their pregame show there, so if they don't show it down there, something terribly is amiss. Trench I know some else who would know. Tales from the crypt would know, he hear it straight from the horses mouth. Think I'll ask him next time I go in there. Don't even bother them people you know.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:02 pm You'll be alright, county. It's on the national Fox channel so the whole country should be able to see it. Three major networks are doing their pregame show there, so if they don't show it down there, something terribly is amiss. Trench I know some else who would know. Tales from the crypt would know, he hear it straight from the horses mouth. Think I'll ask him next time I go in there. Don't even bother them people you know.
If you knew ole Mr. tales really well, you would think different, and wouldn't ask him. Trust me, and many others. :lol: I can find out through the big wigs daughter, and trust the scoop from near the top, way better than Mr. tales. :lol: Guarantee ya that, Bolt. Don't ask him. One day you will hear some stuff, but I witnessed it first hand in a work place. :lol: Who cares about putting in for hosting anyways. Things around here don't surprise anyone any longer. Same ole same ole.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

By the way, county. Rectum is in many States, and even basic cable through Rectum gets WTTE in any state that has Rectum customers. You will have no trouble getting the game in the Sunshine State, even if staying in a Hotel. I don't care for Rectum. They raise rates without notice, and have every excuse in the book about everything they do.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “College Sports”