OSU vs PSU

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

tabibeeto
Waterboy

Post by tabibeeto »

The Bucks win in Happy Valley and remain #1.

GO BUCKS!!!

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY-27

penn state-10

:-D :-D

Stewy
Waterboy

Post by Stewy »

psufan wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:I look for the defense to churn out some big numbers in this one... Morelli is inconsistent and will make mistakes if you pressure him. A lot of pressure should be on him because Ohio State's Rushing Attack is outstanding and now Penn St. is without 2 RBs...
Yep... Penn State won in Happy Valley last time, but they had a much better QB and a much better defense...

Advantage: Ohio State... let the crowd get as loud as they want before the game, I don't think they'll have much to cheer about once it starts...

Ohio State - 23

Penn State - 10

It can be argued that ohio state was better all around the last time that they visited happy valley, everyone was saying that they had the best offense in the big ten two years ago with ginn, a heisman winner in smith, and gonzo, with pittmann running, also their defense was better with carpenter, shleigal, hawk, youbowty (spelling), and other great talent and they still did not beat penn state.

This year penn state IMO has about the same defense, great linebackers in lee and connor will have to step up in this game, an outstanding cover corner in king and last year's leader in interceptions in the conference scirrotto.
Their offense is a different style, all their recievers that were there two years ago are still there, they have two explosive backs in royster and kinlaw, but are without there 5th year senior fullback matt hann, they have a young offensive line anchored by portsmouth native gerald cadogan who has been outstanding in the last 3 games, morelli needs to make better decisions but has looked much better in the last three conference games rather then the first two.
One big factor is it is at Happy Valley, it'll be another white out and the Lions are home where they have lost just once in the last three years!!
Penn state will show up and if they play up to there potential they will leave with a win. Penn state plays completely different at home then on the road and this will be proven on saturday.
I'm not saying for sure that the nittany lions can win but i am saying that they have an opprotunity to win if they show up and play their best, which they have almost every home game this year.
I don't think penn state will get it into the end zone but once on saturday they will have to settle with a lot of field goals

PSU 26
OSU-24

PSU Fan:

Very good, honest post. I think it will be very close also. The team that runs better wins!!!

OSU 21

PSU 17

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

This quote is from a PSU football forum that I read today and I thought it was pretty funny:

I live in Pennsylvania, 10 miles from the Ohio line and 15 from the WV line. At the grocery store (Giant Eagle) today, I saw a big display of.... not Penn State merchandise, not Pitt merchandise, not even WVU (about 1-1/2 hrs from here) merchandise.... but Ohio State merchandise.

Ohio State is no closer to here than PSU is. Ohio State is not in this state. There are definitely more PSU grads/fans than OSU grads/fans here. The closest town in Ohio has its own Giant Eagle. But there were the stupid little Brutus dolls with their stupid nut heads.

That Giant Eagle is sweet! :lol:

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I can't believe this thread isn't more active. Might be because someone started another thread on the same game.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

PSU will likely have to win the turnover battle by 2 or more to win this game. However, that could happen. If both teams play well, OSU wins this game.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

buckeye21 wrote:This quote is from a PSU football forum that I read today and I thought it was pretty funny:

I live in Pennsylvania, 10 miles from the Ohio line and 15 from the WV line. At the grocery store (Giant Eagle) today, I saw a big display of.... not Penn State merchandise, not Pitt merchandise, not even WVU (about 1-1/2 hrs from here) merchandise.... but Ohio State merchandise.

Ohio State is no closer to here than PSU is. Ohio State is not in this state. There are definitely more PSU grads/fans than OSU grads/fans here. The closest town in Ohio has its own Giant Eagle. But there were the stupid little Brutus dolls with their stupid nut heads.

That Giant Eagle is sweet! :lol:

that just made my day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

buckeye21 wrote:I can't believe this thread isn't more active. Might be because someone started another thread on the same game.

actually, there's three of them if you count the college gameday one psufan started.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Bucks win...

gtownlotlizard
Riding the Bench

Post by gtownlotlizard »

This thread isn't kicking because this isn't two years ago when both teams were pretty good and everyone knew it was gonna be a slobberknocker. This season the bucks are good and the nittany lions are barely have a pulse. This game will probably be close in score but not on the field. I look for OSU to win 17-7. I look for PSU to not have 120 yards of offense and to score on a punt return or something stupid like that.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

gtown, you're saying a lot of nice things about the Buckeyes. However, while PSU has been average on the road, they have killed teams at home. They are always tough there, and the atmosphere will be unreal. If I am a hater of OSU, I watch this one. I hope, if you do, that you get mad and quit watching quickly. haha.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

I would like to see penn st. win.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

Penn St. just doesn't have the offense to go against the Buckeyes D. I keep looking at this D and seeing the 02 D. Is this D as good as 02's D, I can't say that, but I can say that this D is pretty darn good and that's an understatement! I look for the Buckeyes O to get back on track and not make any stupid mistakes. Beanie carries for a buck 150 with 2 TDs.

Ohio State- 28

Penn St.- 10

OSU_FAN2008
Waterboy

Post by OSU_FAN2008 »

This game auta be a good one but the buckeys will remain #1 after this week!!! 34-10 buckeyes roll

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

whompascat wrote:I would like to see penn st. win.
so would psufan but i dont cuz i want michigan to give osu its only loss :lol:

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

Lets go Buckeyes

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

I say that the Bucks should be able to take care of the Ninaly Lions! The Lions are giving up almost 200 yards passing compared to only 150 for the Buckeyes which Boeckman should be able to get the ball to Robiskie and Hartline to win the game! I would like for the Lions to go ahead and get OSU out of the way for Florida but then again I want them to stay undefeated so the Gators can take the Undefeated Buckeyes down again this January! :)

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

GO BUCKS!

OH IO

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

CMo wrote:I say that the Bucks should be able to take care of the Ninaly Lions! The Lions are giving up almost 200 yards passing compared to only 150 for the Buckeyes which Boeckman should be able to get the ball to Robiskie and Hartline to win the game! I would like for the Lions to go ahead and get OSU out of the way for Florida but then again I want them to stay undefeated so the Gators can take the Undefeated Buckeyes down again this January! :)

hate to tell ya, but if Ohio state is undefeated come january your 2 loss gators wont be on the schedule

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Bucks have their total work cut out for them in this game, but luckily for them, PSU is in a bit of disarray right now.

I'll call for the Lions to cover the 4 point line, but OSU with the eked out W.....

OSU 17-16

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

another top ranked team goes down.
i am looking for BC to fall to VT this week also.

Return to “College Sports”