OHIO STATE@MICHIGAN====== YOUR THOUGHTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OHIO STATE@MICHIGAN====== YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Well it were a bad weekend for my teams the Buckeyes, Then the Bengals.Both lost by last sceond field goals. I was drinking Luzianne Sweet Tea and feeling all down late last night and Rhonda Roussey called me and said don't feel bad Ozzie, I lost by a big kick too. At didn't make me feel any better though.

The Buckeyes had a rough go of it Saturday and lost to Michigan State by 3 at the last second by a kick. Time to regroup and get ready for Michigan Saturday. We'll get this done ya'll.

And the Bengals game looked at first like Carson Palmer of the Cardinals was sorry for leaving the Bengals. Because he threw 2 passes to the Bengals secondary/ recievers in the 1st quarter. I guess Coach Araians told him that was enough. As the Bengals lost a close one on a last second field goal as well. It was a hard fought game, But a good one. Time for the ''Big Cats'' to lick their wounds and move onto the Rams with the Steelers breathin down our necks.And oh by the way I've had quite enough crow for the weekend. As I have had to administer a whole bottle of KC Masterpice with my Crow to help it down this weekend. Lisa had to stick a shop vac down my throat to get me cleaned out for this upcoming weekend..

In a related story the Browns had a bye week and lost 23-21. Last second kick there I heard as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not sure there is any validity to it yet. but I'm hearing urban benched zeke for the entire Michigan game. we'll have to see what unfolds. but a lil bird told me this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

smurray wrote:Elliott just said what we at home have been saying all year. It's ridiculous! I believe Elliott said it has been an issue all year and he has spoke up before now. The line blocks best with the power run scheme and Elliott said they would be successful with that and then all of a sudden go away from it and try to get fancy. It's been taking place all year and for some reason yesterday was BEYOND INSANE! I cannot comprehend the play calling that took place yesterday. NO WAY NO HOW do the Buckeyes lose to Sparty with better play calling. HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!

If Meyer was calling the plays I'd be shocked, he is a much better coach than that. If he wasn't calling the plays he should have made it clear what he expected in the second half or even taken over the play calling. For the best RB in the Country to touch the ball twice in the 2nd half is INEXCUSABLE! And one of those runs was a delay. Elliott ran the ball more times than Zeke. And how many plays were ran without Elliott in the game at all. At least with him in the game the defense has to key on him.
One deep ball to a WIDE OPEN Miller is overthrown and they never went back to it - UNREAL!

If the Buckeyes don't make some changes this week the Buckeyes will get smoked in the Big House. Ohio State with the most/best talent in the Big Ten and it's going to waste.

awesome post smurray

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote:
smurray wrote:Elliott just said what we at home have been saying all year. It's ridiculous! I believe Elliott said it has been an issue all year and he has spoke up before now. The line blocks best with the power run scheme and Elliott said they would be successful with that and then all of a sudden go away from it and try to get fancy. It's been taking place all year and for some reason yesterday was BEYOND INSANE! I cannot comprehend the play calling that took place yesterday. NO WAY NO HOW do the Buckeyes lose to Sparty with better play calling. HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!

If Meyer was calling the plays I'd be shocked, he is a much better coach than that. If he wasn't calling the plays he should have made it clear what he expected in the second half or even taken over the play calling. For the best RB in the Country to touch the ball twice in the 2nd half is INEXCUSABLE! And one of those runs was a delay. Elliott ran the ball more times than Zeke. And how many plays were ran without Elliott in the game at all. At least with him in the game the defense has to key on him.
One deep ball to a WIDE OPEN Miller is overthrown and they never went back to it - UNREAL!

If the Buckeyes don't make some changes this week the Buckeyes will get smoked in the Big House. Ohio State with the most/best talent in the Big Ten and it's going to waste.
I agree 100%. At any point Meyer could have cut Beck and Warriner from the play calling. Call a timeout, get the offense JACKED and tell them "I'm calling the plays and we are going to shove it down Spartys throat"!

But he didn't. I don't believe for one second he was calling the plays. Urban will not undermine someone he hand picked for this staff.

Going forward, he will ship Beck out of Columbus, Warriner will be limited to the O line only and Meyer will bring in a high profile OC.

But this is on Meyer. He is the coach. He could have stopped this clown show at any time.

I can hear it now through the headsets:

Beck: We should run JT right.
Warriner: But we just ran JT left.
Beck: He will break one sooner or later and let's face it, we could use a first down. We don't have many of those. What do you think Urban?
Zeke: put me in....lets run those plays we gashed them on in the first quarter.
Beck: Zeke that's too obvious. Stay with me on the bench. What do you think Urban?
Meyer: .........crickets...........
Beck: since Zeke is on the bench on this 3rd and 2, lets run JT up the middle. They'll never see it coming.
Warriner: That didn't work.
Meyer: Punt team! Punt team! Let's go defense! Where is Fickell?
Fickell: I'm over here coach. I'm teaching Joey how to watch the ball and not jump offsides. We should practice form tackling at halftime because MSUs 2nd string QB is running all over us. I don't know what to do. we know they are going to run it but I'm scared to shoot the LBs on a run blitz. We need to be conservative.
Meyer: I'll hold your hand Luke like I did last year.
Fickell: dammit! We can't stop the run and they will be in FG range soon.
Beck: we just got beat on a last second FG. But hey, I sucked at Nebraska so what do you expect. At least I can cash another big check Monday. Thanks Buckeye Nation!
I DON'T BELIEVE FOR A MINUTE HE WAS CALLING THE PLAYS EITHER RED.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THAT'S ABOUT THE DADGUMM FUNNIEST THING I'VE READ THIS YEAR RED.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NO I TAKE THAT BACK IT IS. I DECLARE BLEEDING RED'S POST IT IS THE BEST POST ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL THIS YEAR ON SEOPS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

will the bucks roll into ann arbor a cheesed off,madder than a wet hen team. or has urban lost the locker room.or is the place ready to implode. that will be urban's biggest task this week. as much as beating michigan. will commits change their mind. is the whole locker room in upheaval now. we shall see. I really think urban should take over the full reigns this week play calling. we need a top tier oc , or just let urban do it himself.there are other universities where the head coach is the offense, or defensive co-ordinator.i've gotta funny feelin down deep that ain't settin well with me. is the situation with zeke an isolated incident that forever changed buckeye fans perspective of one of our favorite son's. or is there a much bigger boil in the locker room ready to fester and pop.zeke owes the fans a very humble, sincere apology, and make it clear it was a heat of the moment thing. and try to be a team player. dagnabbit for as much as what he said is true,that's a situation that happens in the coaches office only. not a locker room, on the field, or certainly not in a press conference situation.we'll have to see if there is something going on much deeper this week. if I were urban I'd suspend him for a game. I don't care who he is. no one person is ever bigger than the game or especially the team.just like one person never wins or loses a ballgame for the team it's a 1 heartbeat situation here. I feel urban must come down with an iron fist here myself.and stuff a cork in this for good and send a very loud and stern message. for many eyes are watching. if and only if zeke makes an apology, I'd unsuspend him for the bowl game. if it was me though I'd have him in street clothes saturday in Michigan.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I don't know, Zeke just said what EVERYONE OF US have said every game this year. I was imploding watching that crap on TV, I can't imagine what he was doing! I don't blame him for saying it. He has been talking to the coaches all year about it and he talked to them during the game. It couldn't have been a "caught up in the moment of the game" situation and it just slipped their mind to get Zeke the ball. THAT WAS JUST DOWN RIGHT PATHETIC PLAY CALLING!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Smurray, I agree. I couldn't believe my eyes on the play calling either. I was wondering "WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING?" at times. I definitely wasn't expecting that. They do that this coming Saturday, Poopygan will get the W.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:Well it were a bad weekend for my teams the Buckeyes, Then the Bengals.Both lost by last sceond field goals. I was drinking Luzianne Sweet Tea and feeling all down late last night and Rhonda Roussey called me and said don't feel bad Ozzie, I lost by a big kick too. At didn't make me feel any better though.

The Buckeyes had a rough go of it Saturday and lost to Michigan State by 3 at the last second by a kick. Time to regroup and get ready for Michigan Saturday. We'll get this done ya'll.

And the Bengals game looked at first like Carson Palmer of the Cardinals was sorry for leaving the Bengals. Because he threw 2 passes to the Bengals secondary/ recievers in the 1st quarter. I guess Coach Araians told him that was enough. As the Bengals lost a close one on a last second field goal as well. It was a hard fought game, But a good one. Time for the ''Big Cats'' to lick their wounds and move onto the Rams with the Steelers breathin down our necks.And oh by the way I've had quite enough crow for the weekend. As I have had to administer a whole bottle of KC Masterpice with my Crow to help it down this weekend. Lisa had to stick a shop vac down my throat to get me cleaned out for this upcoming weekend..

In a related story the Browns had a bye week and lost 23-21. Last second kick there I heard as well.
Ah c'mon Bait! That's bad. You're better than that.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If I we're Urban Meyer- Call a team meeting:

"So gentlemen, we lost a game. I'm willing to shoulder the blame. We could've called a better game, and by we, I mean ME. There are no stars and no scapegoats in this locker room. If you feel different, raise your hand and speak your mind now. Anybody? OK, so now let me emphasize we win as a team and we lose as a team. If you don't get enough touches or tries, take this time to tell your fellow teammates why you deserve to earn those. Did you bust big plays when you DID get touches or DID you turn the momentum of the game with big plays? Are you bigger than THE Ohio State University? Is your reputation harmed by being associated with this great institution? Do you not want to shoulder up with your teammates and sing the Alma Mater win or lose? Do you want to sit out these next few games because your status in the draft might be affected? Let's see a show of hands! Anybody? OK.

Now, we are going up against our greatest rival. Players have played hurt, played with nothing else to gain and played with nothing on the line and they played as though their life depended on it. They played for pride. They played for THE Ohio State University. They played for the guys seated as you are now, to the right and left of you. Look to your right and left. Is there anyone in here who doesn't deserve your best effort? Is there anyone in here who isn't going to bust their butt for you? Say so now and point them out! Anybody?

This season hasn't played out like we hoped; none of us. But it isn't over. Let's resolve to go out and practice, and play as though everything is on the line. Because it is. We are now being questioned. Your teammates are being questioned, you are being questioned, your manhood is being questioned. There will be a team across that field Saturday who wants nothing more than to steal whatever pride and glory you have remaining. They think they can beat you mano-a mano. Can they? Will they? That is up to you. If you don't believe in this great institution that has given you an education and exposure to go on to the next level, tell your teammates now. I'm sure there are others who will take your place on this field this Saturday and do their damnest to make sure tOSU is represented well. Explain to them why you don't want to give that extra measure to make sure we achieve victory. Or take your place on the bench and watch those who will strive to go out there and leave everything on the field. The choice is yours. What will you do?"

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote:The biggest question is where are their heads collectively after Saturday? A bunch of stars with their minds on a big paycheck at the next level or a fired-up, pissed-off squad that wants to take it out on Michigan.
Add in Tiger Baits thoughts of:

"will the bucks roll into ann arbor a cheesed off,madder than a wet hen team. or has urban lost the locker room.or is the place ready to implode. that will be urban's biggest task this week."

Two of the best thoughts that answer the questions about Ohio State's 2015 season. I think UFM knew back in the summer, thus giving the season the theme of The Grind. All the talent in the world will not win championships unless the team has a collective soul. Would you want a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits who feel they are entitled to play or would you rather have coachable two and three star talents who want to play
and win ( reference Iowa and MSU).

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dazed&confused wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:Well it were a bad weekend for my teams the Buckeyes, Then the Bengals.Both lost by last sceond field goals. I was drinking Luzianne Sweet Tea and feeling all down late last night and Rhonda Roussey called me and said don't feel bad Ozzie, I lost by a big kick too. At didn't make me feel any better though.

Ah c'mon Bait! That's bad. You're better than that.

it's been instilled in me at a very early age dazed. that's what it all about sport wise. joking and taking jokes back.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dazed&confused wrote:If I we're Urban Meyer- Call a team meeting:

"So gentlemen, we lost a game. I'm willing to shoulder the blame. We could've called a better game, and by we, I mean ME. There are no stars and no scapegoats in this locker room. If you feel different, raise your hand and speak your mind now. Anybody? OK, so now let me emphasize we win as a team and we lose as a team. If you don't get enough touches or tries, take this time to tell your fellow teammates why you deserve to earn those. Did you bust big plays when you DID get touches or DID you turn the momentum of the game with big plays? Are you bigger than THE Ohio State University? Is your reputation harmed by being associated with this great institution? Do you not want to shoulder up with your teammates and sing the Alma Mater win or lose? Do you want to sit out these next few games because your status in the draft might be affected? Let's see a show of hands! Anybody? OK.

Now, we are going up against our greatest rival. Players have played hurt, played with nothing else to gain and played with nothing on the line and they played as though their life depended on it. They played for pride. They played for THE Ohio State University. They played for the guys seated as you are now, to the right and left of you. Look to your right and left. Is there anyone in here who doesn't deserve your best effort? Is there anyone in here who isn't going to bust their butt for you? Say so now and point them out! Anybody?

This season hasn't played out like we hoped; none of us. But it isn't over. Let's resolve to go out and practice, and play as though everything is on the line. Because it is. We are now being questioned. Your teammates are being questioned, you are being questioned, your manhood is being questioned. There will be a team across that field Saturday who wants nothing more than to steal whatever pride and glory you have remaining. They think they can beat you mano-a mano. Can they? Will they? That is up to you. If you don't believe in this great institution that has given you an education and exposure to go on to the next level, tell your teammates now. I'm sure there are others who will take your place on this field this Saturday and do their damnest to make sure tOSU is represented well. Explain to them why you don't want to give that extra measure to make sure we achieve victory. Or take your place on the bench and watch those who will strive to go out there and leave everything on the field. The choice is yours. What will you do?"

dagnabbit man, I'm ready I'm ready to grab my fastest walker and go through a wall fer ya now dazed.awesome post.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:The biggest question is where are their heads collectively after Saturday? A bunch of stars with their minds on a big paycheck at the next level or a fired-up, pissed-off squad that wants to take it out on Michigan.
Add in Tiger Baits thoughts of:

"will the bucks roll into ann arbor a cheesed off,madder than a wet hen team. or has urban lost the locker room.or is the place ready to implode. that will be urban's biggest task this week."

Two of the best thoughts that answer the questions about Ohio State's 2015 season. I think UFM knew back in the summer, thus giving the season the theme of The Grind. All the talent in the world will not win championships unless the team has a collective soul. Would you want a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits who feel they are entitled to play or would you rather have coachable two and three star talents who want to play
and win ( reference Iowa and MSU).
sweet.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I saw where Urban Meyer did not punish Zeke for his actions. But I still wonder if Zeke's head will be in this game...

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

His head will be in the game!! Dont worry Val :lol: .. There are 3 things that the Pontiff needs to clear up to have a chance. Quit running rollout with a run-pass option. High School Harry crap. Run OUTSIDE zone read. Then run it again. Get 4-wide in there in there and run man- beaters all night long. Michigan is a Man team. They are a veteran and experienced team. And mature. Not as talented as Ohio but dont have the High School Harrys like Elliott and Jones. They do have the Best player on the field with J Peppers and the Nations best Coach. Personally I wouldnt let Elliott play. Do they even have another running back?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

An interesting side bar to The Game, with no championship implications unless PSU pulls a miracle, a Bleacher Report bowl game predictor have Ohio State matching up with Notre Dame in the Peach Bowl which would be an attractive matchup for the Buckeyes. That is assuming a Big 12 team jumps the Domers in the CFP ratings and Sparty beats Iowa in the BCG and no other unexpected upsets. The football fates are fickle, national championship to a somewhat second tier bowl.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2592 ... st-week-12

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote:I saw where Urban Meyer did not punish Zeke for his actions. But I still wonder if Zeke's head will be in this game...

The game will be interesting from a psychological standpoint. Ohio State has nothing to gain, I fear even their self respect vanished with MSU.
Michigan can cap a story book turnaround season, which honestly may have been one play away from contending for a national championship.
Elliot deserves being suspended, insubordination cannot be countenanced in any organization. Rhetorical question: will 2015 be UFM's last season as Buckeye coach? I can see him stepping down for health /family and not wanting to deal anymore with spoiled athletes. The history is there at Florida. I want Meyer to stay at TOSU for many more years, but he has nothing else to prove.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Myers has respect for his players and knows they have free speech in this country. He would have received more static if he did than didn't.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “College Sports”