Orange Bowl #11 Florida St.33 VS #6 Michigan 32

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Orange Bowl Florida St.VS Michigan

Post by 1987chieftains »

noles fan, I get your love for your team. You talk like FSU is the greatest team in the FBS.
DeMarcus Walker? never heard of him. Tarvarus McFadden? never heard of him either. I had to look them up on NCAA.com
but you know who Jabrill Peppers and Jourdan Lewis are.
Here are some highlights of FSU's year.
They beat a very highly overrated Ole miss in week one. An Ole Miss team that ended up 5-7.
Then they beat up on FCS Charleston Southern school of the blind. 8-)
They got beat down like a bunch of school girls 63-20 by a overrated Louisville team that couldn't beat Kentucky and Houston. :shock: :lol: :lol:
North Carolina, Really... They are a Basketball school.......
Michigan lost to 2 teams be a combine 4 points. FSU lost to 3 teams by a combine 47 points.
Here is a link to the power ranks... http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... eamratings
I think we know why Vegas has Michigan the favorite in this game.....

AT THE RESERVATION
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

1987chieftains wrote:noles fan, I get your love for your team. You talk like FSU is the greatest team in the FBS.
DeMarcus Walker? never heard of him. Tarvarus McFadden? never heard of him either. I had to look them up on NCAA.com
They beat a very highly overrated Ole miss in week one. An Ole Miss team that ended up 5-7.
They got beat down like a bunch of school girls 63-20 by a overrated Louisville team that couldn't beat Kentucky and Houston. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Michigan lost to 2 teams be a combine 4 points. FSU lost to 3 teams by a combine 47 points.
Here is a link to the power ranks... http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... eamratings
Yeah, what he said

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noles_fan wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Michigan has two All/Americans on defense. And their 10th running back is out.
FSU lead the Nation in sacks as a team. Had the most sacks from an individual (DeMarcus Walker). And the individual leader in interceptions (Tarvarus McFadden).
If Gore Tech played FSU schedule they would lead the country in sacks/INT

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

1987chieftains wrote:noles fan, I get your love for your team. You talk like FSU is the greatest team in the FBS.
I think we k :lol: now why Vegas has Michigan the favorite in this game.....
:lol:
Yes!!! A HOMER using FPI.. :lol: ..Almost had a heart attack :lol: ...And a typical HOMER wouldnt know anything about Derwin James,McFadden,or Demarcus Walker. They are HOMERS...Not knowledgeable college football fans...

Now I notice :lol: that the ACC has 7 teams out of the top 30. And 9 out of the top 50.The basketball school NC is 22nd. Of course the SEC in a down year also has 7 and 9. The Big 14 has 5 and 7 :lol: ...thanks for pointing that out 87

They beat the 59th ranked??? msu
They beat the 68th ranked Indy
They beat the 73rd ranked UCF
They beat the 75th ranked Mary
Yhey beat the 91st ranked?????Illini
They beat the 108th ranked ?????Rut
They beat the 108th ranked Rainbow Warriors :lol: :lol:
They lost 14-13 to a crap Iowa team who were beaten By NDakST
They front-ran PSU early when PSU had all the injuries
They dominated that football factory wisky 14-7
They gave the game away to an average ohio team recently
They trailed against the Buffs in the 2nd half until Sef got hurt
They left the state of Michigan like once the 1st 2 months of the season
They couldnt even win their division,much less the weakest Conference in college football...At least that didnt happen to ohio.. :lol: :lol:

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Michigan Highlights ^^^^^^^^^^ :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

did someone say something?

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

noreply66 wrote:did someone say something?
Grow up.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Actually I've never heard of Jourdan Lewis and the only reason ive heard of Jabrill peppers is all the talk that he didnt deserve to be in the hiesman talk. So I looked up Lewis pretty impressive, he has 2 less INT's for his career than McFadden had this year. Clearly you need to watch more than just the big 10 network. I think its funny you want to talk about FSU's schedule and the FPI rankings. Especially since michigan has almost as many teams below 100 as they do the top 25. I don't think FSU is the greatest team in the FBS this year or have i said they were. But i do think michigan gets for playing teams with really bad offenses.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

noreply66 wrote:
noles_fan wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Michigan has two All/Americans on defense. And their 10th running back is out.
FSU lead the Nation in sacks as a team. Had the most sacks from an individual (DeMarcus Walker). And the individual leader in interceptions (Tarvarus McFadden).
If Gore Tech played FSU schedule they would lead the country in sacks/INT
Really they played 8 teams in the top 50 in the FPI

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

noles_fan wrote:
Actually I've never heard of Jourdan Lewis and the only reason ive heard of Jabrill peppers is all the talk that he didnt deserve to be in the hiesman talk. So I looked up Lewis pretty impressive, he has 2 less INT's for his career than McFadden had this year. Clearly you need to watch more than just the big 10 network. I think its funny you want to talk about FSU's schedule and the FPI rankings. Especially since michigan has almost as many teams below 100 as they do the top 25. I don't think FSU is the greatest team in the FBS this year or have i said they were. But i do think michigan gets for playing teams with really bad offenses.
I have no dog in this fight. But, you do realize that the number of interceptions a player has isn't the only factor that goes in to how great a DB is right? More times than not, an INT is luck, and that's it. Don't get me wrong, if a DB has a ton of interceptions he must be doing something right, but you always have to look at passes batted away, how many catches/yards/td's a receiver gets when that DB in particular is on them, and you also have to look at the ability to tackle. The number of interceptions is not the only determining factor!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FSU was highly overrated 2 years ago. They started this year poorly but have definitely gotten better.

I'm not sure if Cook gets over 100 yds against ttun's defense. Heck he could go for 200 and they still get beaten by 3 scores. I think ttun can contain him and make FSU throw the ball.

Cook is a very good player, no doubt about it. I just think ttun's defense is more than capable of shutting him down.

Match ups in football can be hard to predict, but I give a huge edge to ttun at the LOS on both sides of the ball.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Inspector wrote:
Grow up.
Oh look who went to Family Dollar and got minutes added to his dial up internet card.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
The Inspector wrote:
Grow up.
Oh look who went to Family Dollar and got minutes added to his dial up internet card.
Now that is funny right there :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
noles_fan wrote:
I have no dog in this fight. But, you do realize that the number of interceptions a player has isn't the only factor that goes in to how great a DB is right? More times than not, an INT is luck, and that's it. Don't get me wrong, if a DB has a ton of interceptions he must be doing something right, but you always have to look at passes batted away, how many catches/yards/td's a receiver gets when that DB in particular is on them, and you also have to look at the ability to tackle. The number of interceptions is not the only determining factor!
Most team haven't thrown to Peppers side because they were afraid to....this cuts down on INTs

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
The Inspector wrote: Grow up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

noreply66 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
The Inspector wrote: Grow up.
Yea you and that Boy are funny :lol: ....You are now known as The Smothers Brothers. You are Tommy and the Minford Boy is DICK...Another thing that is funny is that Michigan WON 3 games against teams with winning records-All at Home.
The combined record of the teams UM beat is 71-66 :lol:

The perception of UM being this great D is JUST a little skewed....Examples:
1)They faced 2 QBs in the top 30 in passing yds in the Country-TMcSorley and RLagow
2)They played against ZERO..NADA..ZILCH..QBs in the TOP 36 in QBR
3)They played against 2 RBs in the top 30 in rushing yds-Clement and Barkley
4)They played against only 2 Receivers all year who had over 60 receptions for the year..and only 1 wide-out with over 1000 yds-Marcus Kemp of Hawaii
5)They played 2 teams in the top 30 in Total Yards-Buffs at #26 and ohio at #29
6)They played 1 team in the Top 30 in 1st Downs
7)They played in the poorest Conference from top to bottom in America against some of the most INEPT Offenses. And OOC?...
1)The 125th Ranked Offense in the FBS (out of 128 :lol: ) in Offensive Effenciency was Rut.
2)The 118th Ranked offense was Central Fla.
3)The 112th was the Illini
4)The 103rd was the Hawaiian Rainbow Warriors :lol:
5) the 83rd Ranked Offense was Indy
6)msu was 58th,mary 57th,iowa 53rd,and wisky was 40th with some of the worst QB play in the Country from these 4 teams
7) The Buffs were 37th

And trust me....wisky's schedule and performance was worse....Their 10 wins came against outfits with a combined 56-64 Record :lol: ..Including wins over FOUR 3-9 teams in msu,GA STATE (23-17 :lol: ),Illini,and sweet little Purdie. They also beat 5-7 Akron.They beat the Hawks,Corn,and Minny but every non-big 14 HOMER knows what those 3 squads are about. Good quality win vs LSU at Lambeau last summer. Also beat a poor NW.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Glad to see I pushed some PPL's buttons.
noles fan, You CLEARLY have no clue what I watch.
Inspector, I never said I was a Michigan fan or a fan of any team for that matter. But I guess you can call me a homer when its bowl season.
There is a reason Michigan is ranked higher then FSU and it ain't because of 2 guys on defense and a RB.

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Michigan wins by 24 in the warm FSU backyard sunshine.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

1987chieftains wrote:Glad to see I pushed some PPL's buttons.
noles fan, You CLEARLY have no clue what I watch.
Inspector, I never said I was a Michigan fan or a fan of any team for that matter. But I guess you can call me a homer when its bowl season.
There is a reason Michigan is ranked higher then FSU and it ain't because of 2 guys on defense and a RB.
Well dont keep it a secret! Tell us the reasons man.Or at least me. May help me win some money. But dont go schedule on me :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Be careful on those long posts Inspector. You're going to use all those dial up minutes before you know it.

When are you pulling your yearly disappearing act this year? Seems like its always right when your predictions don't come true.

BTW, I am still waiting on your answer to my question about a month or so ago. I will refresh your memory...

"How did your prediction that Henry would have a MUCH better year than Zeke Elliott in the NFL this year go?"

I saw in a flyer that Family Dollar is having a sale on their internet minutes. You'd better stock up.....BOY.

Return to “College Sports”