2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:57 am I hope by "culture change" he don't mean he will go easier on the players now. When Meyer got there he called it a clown show. They were so out of shape he worked the heck out of them to get them national contenders again. I know he wanted them playing at a frenetic pace and that's why they had to be in better shape. With the QB they got this year they will need that face pace play to be successful imo. It nice to have the facilities and amenities to keep them entertained and comfy, but don't get too comfy . I heard the offense really struggled in the intrasquad scrimmage over the weekend. That could mean either the offense is not very good or the defense is lights out.

Bolt, you might be on to something. Ryan Day is not Urban Meyer and the culture will change, which direction remains to be seen . Reading the various OSU media sites, the optimism regarding the 2019 season may be in the process of being tamped down a bit. A new head coach and five new assistants are going to take a while to mesh together with themselves and the team. All said, while the Bucks have great championship potential, there will be growing pains.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:47 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 am the heck of it is county, I talk about stuff that has really happened. it's been a crazy ride for me. and if you look up murphy's law. you may see my picture.

ahhh theres no doubt you are telling the truth......that what makes them funny!!!! did you catch the little segment ESPN did on Day and the buckeyes over the weekend???...….ive been watching ESPN a little more so than normal here of late due to the little league world series.....wasn't much on XnO;s but did show quite a culture change that day is implementing up in the capital city...….
yes I did see that. very exciting stuff.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

more and more schools are doing this Clemson, northwestern just to name a few. and let's face it. though it ain't advertised. everything they need is right there to keep them off the streets. and occupied, hard to babysit 100 plus boys, without a place to play/workout/socialize, and keep them busy. and it would be very welcoming to recruits and parents seeing this setup. so many of the kids coming in there are not able to do these things with their previous homelives. so it is a diamond in the rough in my mind. now woody hayes may be turning over in his grave. but things are different now. I look for day to push kids beyond their limits to keep them in shape and on top of things. and they could have team meetings there. going over plays and studying playbooks.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Regardless what we all think and feel about what’s going. We have to face the reality that it is going on. And all we can hope for is that they know what they are doing and prove why they make the big dollars.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm pretty sure he'll fit the bill. I look for a lot of success. they have a very tough schedule. with a few good breaks we are hoping to get to the big10 title game and see what happens.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Demario McCall named Ohio State’s top backup at running back to JK Dobbins.....Justin Fields the starting QB.....teams starting to take shape and the opening game inching closer...….any new thoughts from anyone now we are staring it all in the face

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I look for a big year in the land of buckeyes.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:14 am Demario McCall named Ohio State’s top backup at running back to JK Dobbins.....Justin Fields the starting QB.....teams starting to take shape and the opening game inching closer...….any new thoughts from anyone now we are staring it all in the face

I think uncertainty about the Buckeyes is the operative phrase going into the season. The team is loaded with talent according to recruiting rankings, yet they have an untested QB behind a rebuilt offensive line. The defense returns pretty much intact but statistically ranked as the worst in OSU history. Throw in the coaching changes and I find it hard to predict a playoff appearance let alone an appearance in the Big10 CCG. All things considered I would be quite happy with 10 wins on the season. We wil! know more come the late evening bof September 28th.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:38 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:14 am Demario McCall named Ohio State’s top backup at running back to JK Dobbins.....Justin Fields the starting QB.....teams starting to take shape and the opening game inching closer...….any new thoughts from anyone now we are staring it all in the face

I think uncertainty about the Buckeyes is the operative phrase going into the season. The team is loaded with talent according to recruiting rankings, yet they have an untested QB behind a rebuilt offensive line. The defense returns pretty much intact but statistically ranked as the worst in OSU history. Throw in the coaching changes and I find it hard to predict a playoff appearance let alone an appearance in the Big10 CCG. All things considered I would be quite happy with 10 wins on the season. We wil! know more come the late evening bof September 28th.
Haskins was uncertain last year. The defense had elite players, only the schemes sucked. I will predict this is the best defense since the 2014 championship team.

And I'll predict that Fields turns out to be elite as well, both this year and next.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Won't be too hard of a task for any of them to look elite with that weak gravy schedule...... :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With meatchicken being worse than last year it hurts the Buckeyes. As usual hairbaugh will choke a few games again. Meatchicken always chokes on the nuts.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that was tough last night watchin the gators/canes. and seein urban in the booth in a blue gator polo. but the man did win 2 national championships there. I may have thrown up a lil bit in the back of my mouth. but fortunately mrs. bait made some amazing steaks on the grill yesterday. so it wasn't bad at all experience wise. that was an entertaining exciting game. way too many turnovers. both teams tried their best to give it away. florida hung on for the win. as much as it pains me to say. I was pullin for the canes. and the only reason I wanted them to win, was because florida plays 2 fcs schools this year. and I think that should negate them from any playoff talk, just my opinion. I know some may not agree. but I trust you'll let me know if you do

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

va. tech and I think navy do as well.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bait he also said the swamp was the best atmosphere in college football earlier this week, so I think that shows he is not as much of a Buckeye as we thought. He seems a bit salty. Wouldn't surprise me if he left his Muirfield estate and moved back to Gatorland. I am interested in hearing him commenting on games this year. I wonder if he will do any THE games ? I didn't see him in the game last night but I got kind of sleepy a few times.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

IMO the man is a prissy weirdo, fake and self centered as he!!!....He got the big over paid $$$$ from OSU in his bank accounts....That's all he cares about....Yes bolt I believe he will move back to Florida sometime.....What a better place to live out your years retired on all that OSU $$$$$$.............Probably already looking for a bigger better home-estate down there than he has in Muirfield....His wife also loves it down there in the sunshine State......Don't forget about that.......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have nothing but respect for the guy by and large. he's an ohio native. he's coached at ohio state , and won a national title here. he's a great recruiter and has turned so many boys into men, and collegiate athletes into pros and multi-millionairres. I think the whole thing last year was wishy washy. I think florida would be a great place to retire. especially with millions in the bank. I mean just weather alone. nothing will ever change his loyalty to ohio state. but lest we forget he also won 2 national titles at florida in the swamp as well. I don't buy that florida is the best atmosphere, because after winning multiple national championships there. he came back home. climate wise I agree. statement wise I think that may have been said because he was going to be a guest at the florida/Miami game. either way , I love the guy. he has richly rewarded both of these 2 programs. and I wish him nothing but success, enjoyment and renewed health. the one lingering question in ole bait's mind is how long before he gets the itchin to coach again. then and only then will we see if this was really health related. but I have total respect for what he has accomplished as a coach. 2nd only to Alabama's nick saban with national titles.

Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

yes comrade tigerbait lets not forget how he health supposedly made him quit the florida job and out of coaching, then he makes miraculous recovery and takes the osu job. so I think it matter of time before see he on sidelines again.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bob Bolshavic wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:23 pm yes comrade tigerbait lets not forget how he health supposedly made him quit the florida job and out of coaching, then he makes miraculous recovery and takes the osu job. so I think it matter of time before see he on sidelines again.
Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ miraculous recovery.......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bob Bolshavic wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:23 pm yes comrade tigerbait lets not forget how he health supposedly made him quit the florida job and out of coaching, then he makes miraculous recovery and takes the osu job. so I think it matter of time before see he on sidelines again.
that's exactly what I was saying.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Article on ESPN about Urban and life after coaching. Just reading it, it sounds like he is transitioning. He won't be satisfied with what he's doing. Also, will be on Fox Sports studio show on Saturdays.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse

Return to “College Sports”