tOSU vs Va Tech

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: tOSU vs Va Tech

Post by C-Bolt »

Well thats all she wrote folks! Defense played a little better in the second half beside that one drive.Barrett showed flashes but made way too many mistakes and sacks,not surprising for a freshman QB.Line was poor not surprising .Good news is the schedule is pretty light until Sparty so it could still be a good year.
Last edited by C-Bolt on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Smith completes his horrible night by running the wrong route.
(I can't see any QB messing that up so I am going to blame to WREC)

Secondary as bad as ever.
That soft coverage does not work.

The O-line might be the worse ever.

LB not good again.

I.M.O. these are the same weaknesses that seem to be here every year under this staff.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

C-Bolt wrote:Well thats all she wrote folks! Defense played a little better in the second half beside that one drive.Barrett showed flashes but made way too many mistakes and sacks,not surprising for a freshman QB.Line was poor not surprising .Good news is the schedule is pretty light until Sparty so it could still be a good year.
A good year if 8-4 as a record is good for you. I expect more than that out of and OSU team.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

dazed&confused wrote:This is more than missing Braxton. This just isn't a championship team.
Our terrible line play made our other glaring weaknesses look competent. All those sacks were stunning. This is definitely more then "missing Braxton!" I wholeheartedly agree D&C! With as bad as the Big 10 is though we're still liable to have a great record by default. But make no mistake about, we're not a good football team at all!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Well thats all she wrote folks! Defense played a little better in the second half beside that one drive.Barrett showed flashes but made way too many mistakes and sacks,not surprising for a freshman QB.Line was poor not surprising .Good news is the schedule is pretty light until Sparty so it could still be a good year.
A good year if 8-4 as a record is good for you. I expect more than that out of and OSU team.
Nope thats not good at that place! My hope is the young line and QB will get better with experience,they say that defense was better than most.Play some easier defenses get some confidence back and who knows when they visit Sparty,8-4 wouldn't surprise me though and Meyer will be dodging bullets,the honeymoon is over

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

C-Bolt wrote:
WhiteWhiskers wrote:
Nope thats not good at that place! My hope is the young line and QB will get better with experience,they say that defense was better than most.Play some easier defenses get some confidence back and who knows when they visit Sparty,8-4 wouldn't surprise me though and Meyer will be dodging bullets,the honeymoon is over
We've lost 3 of our last 4 games, the honeymoon is definitely over!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Did you polish off all that rum n coke already Oaf? Save some for the Bengals game tomorrow, just in case lol

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

C-Bolt wrote:Did you polish off all that rum n coke already Oaf? Save some for the Bengals game tomorrow, just in case lol

I'm worried about that one for sure! But I always have a little hooch put back to put out a dumpster fire my friend! :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Lets hope we don't have to put out another dumpster fire for all these Ohio teams, we will be running out of extinguishers eventually!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Before the post mortem -- we should give credit to Frank Beamer and the VA Tech Hokies. They were the superior team in all phases of the game tonight.
As to Ohio State, they are still a good team, and will improve as the season progresses, but as tonight's outcome shows, the Bucks are not national championship contenders nor are they a serious threat to win the BIG. We know the offense line collapsed. We know the pass defense and linebacking still is weak. We saw questionable play calling and technique again on both sides of the ball. The scary thing for me is that our beloved Buckeyes have lost three of their last four games, and in those losses, they were physically dominated during parts of those losses.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Barrett threw good balls that the receivers flat out dropped. This offensive line is going to struggle opening holes for the running game against good d lines as we saw tonight. Yes they are young, but this is OSU.....they should be ready to step it up.

Defensively.......something has to give. This soft coverage has to go. 3rd and 12 from VTs own 5 yard line and they pick up a wide open receiver for a first down. With this defensive line they have to get pressure on the qb and get off the field. They couldn't. Qb takes off and our LBs are nowhere to be found.

Yes this team would be better with Braxton but that doesn't solve the defensive struggle they've had for 3 years now. I don't care if it's Fickell, Ash or The Easter bunny. Giving up this many yards (and points) to Navy and a mediocre Va Tech offense just screams the obvious..... But nothing changes.

Spence will be a big help when he comes back, but the problems are deep and won't be fixed easily.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

dazed&confused wrote:This is more than missing Braxton. This just isn't a championship team.
100% agree.

And after the awful results today by the Big 10 big 3, Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State, don't look for any Big 10 team to get any type of serious considerations for the 4 team playoff this year.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Defense can't get off the field on third down, inept QB play, receivers dropping passes.....if I want to see that I'll watch the Browns play! :122246 Oh, I do. :oops:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I got up and checked scores this am and immediately ran to the window to check for snow -- I thought it was Jan 2nd !

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

After watching this game and others like it over the last 6 or 7 years, I can honestly say I have no idea why a recruit who honestly wanted to win a national championship would choose Ohio State. The program, just like when John Cooper was there, is a publicist - a self-important, bloated national-TV draw that gives athletes the chance to perform in front of millions. No real results.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WELL, I'D HAVE RATHER WALKED ACROSS BROKEN GLASS ON MY LIPS THAN HAVE THAT HAPPEN, GEEZE- O -PETE ALREADY. 3 OF LAST 4 GAMES WE'VE LOST.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

"we"?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well I saw where that defense was ranked number 4 in the country last year,and are supposed to be good again ,so that makes me feel a little better about the offense.Now if we could just find an excuse for the defense to feel better :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Final observation-VA Tech was well coached and exposed many weaknesses. Some of those weaknesses won't be there 2nd half of the season. Bucks aren't this bad but will take some hits this year. Line play on both sides need to improve but that can happen.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

In the final analysis Urban Meyer is overrated. His game plans for the past 4 games has been suspect to crappy. The defense is horrible and the offense against VA Tech ,a decent, but not a great team, was absolutely horrible. Meyer needs to stop believing his own hype and start actually coaching.

Return to “College Sports”