Camellia Bowl

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Camellia Bowl

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Touché FT45!!!

Listen, The SEC is not as good as past years, this is fact.
Also, and I'm certain the filter won't let this through, but I'll type it anyway and see what it subs.
ARKANSAS IS DOG poop

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

The General wrote:Doubt it...Not everyone can play The Citadel.
you are right they play Western Carolina.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Touché FT45!!!

Listen, The SEC is not as good as past years, this is fact.
Also, and I'm certain the filter won't let this through, but I'll type it anyway and see what it subs.
ARKANSAS IS DOG poopy
I definitely agree that it wasn't that good this year. Still a very good conference, but nowhere near what it has been! The East didn't have one good team.

I haven't been lurking this board much but then I saw that and I had to give ya hard time! :lol:

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Dubs keeps saying it is a "FACT" that the SEC is not as good as in years past. Tell us why Dubs.You are an arrogant OSU HOMER!!...Why? You call a SEC West Program DogShit. A program that would have won the Big 14 this year if they would have had the chance to play the Nations 10th,35th,47th,57th,61st,72nd,79th,and 91st ranked squads. :lol: They have a 6-6 record and are 12th themselves!!

Instead when THE was playing Navy,Arkansas was playing the nations 9th ranked Auburn! Followed by IN-CONFERENCE A+M,who are 20th but were unbeaten when they played. Next league game was against the Nations #1 Outfit. Then they played the 7th ranked team in the country. Followed up by playing the 6th best team in the country. After that they played the 11th top squad. Next game was against the 5th best team in the land. Finally had a breather and played the 19th ranked team. These were all IN-Conference. This is the Gauntlet. Arkansas would have beaten Maryland,Rutgers,PSU,ILL,MINNY,Indy,and Mich. without question. Tossup with MSU.

This was a team that had close to 5000 yards of Total Offense against this kind of schedule.An efficient play-action type QB in Allen.Not great but threw for 2200,18TDs,and only 5 picks. This would put him in top echelon of Big 14 QBs. 2 1000 yard runners running behind a physical and largest Offensive line in all of football. ALL OF FOOTBALL!!!....Tremendous Physical defense which was better than OSUs. Good Coach who kids love to play for.

So to call this bunch DOGSHIT is OSU arrogance. If they are,what does that make Nearly all the BIG 14 outfits?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Dog poop
FACT

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

if you have 8 teams ranked in preseason poll and you play no one out of conference and then you beat each other up in conference i dont really see how you can tell how good they are. when they did venture out of conference the acc spanked them.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

My opinion is this:

Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Minny, OSU, MSU, Maryland, Michigan, Penn St and Rutgers would have all won the SEC East. Indiana beat the SEC east winner Mizzou AT THEIR PLACE and we all know how Indiana fared against the Big 10.

Arkansas would finish AT BEST 3rd in either the Big 10 east or west divisions. Sorry, but wins against Nichols St (wtf?), Texas Tech (4-8 record), Northern Illinois and UAB doesnt solidify them as running the "gauntlet".

I think the SEC west is still a tough conference, overall better than either Big 10 conference top to bottom, but SEC is not the force to be reckoned with as it was in the past.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

fbnut...I was talking about Arkansas. Not Ohio State :lol: Now Badboy! You made my day :lol: Are you the joke teller at work? Wake Forrest defeated the outfit who knocked off the Big 14 Champs in an EPIC 6-3 Double OVERTIME battle :lol:

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I was only joining your always hypothetical scenarios and that is, my friend, how it would play out in the SEC east. Weak...weak....weak.

I know you hate facts and absolutely love the hypothetical "ifs". As a matter of fact, the SEC east is probably the worst half of a conference out there.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Badboy pretty much nailed it.
6-6 with 4 wins coming against HORRIBLE teams does not make you a respectable team.
Fat Brent and his band of jolly fat linemen would finish 3rd in either division of the B10.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

As for Bama, they're the force that wears the long cost tails that the entire division is hanging on to.
They are a really good team, with depth, and great coaching.
Simms however, would be OSU's 4th best QB.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Just about what Osu would have finished. Maybe 7-5. In the west Ending up with 12 wins in the horrible Big 14 doesnt make you a playoff team either. Front-running the likes of Maryland,Rutgers,Illinois,and struggling to get by poor teams like Indiana,PSU,Michigan,and Minnesota doesnt quite make you one either. Soft OOC schedule,including the loss to Va Tech. 2 wins against top 30 and again Wisky was laughable. Big 14 should have been left out. But was included for all the wrong reasons that Homers would have been crying about if 1 of the 2 deserving Big 12 teams would have got in :lol:

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

The "laughable" Wisky team was beating the pants off LSU until Gordon was hurt and their offense stalled.

The same LSU team that beat Ole Miss, lost to the Mighty Bama in an OT thriller. Had Gordon not gotten hurt,Wisky would have won that game against LSU as they had no answer for Wisky's running game. Same LSU team that lost a heartbreaker to Miss St...

Ah...yes....the laughable Wisky team that ran for over 260 yards against that stout SEC West defense at LSU.

Oh....that "Laughable" Wisky team.....in case you missed it they lost 58-0 (as in zilch) to OSU. Oh, Gordon had a hard time getting out his own shadow against OSU. He finished with 76 yards.

So I would put OSU at no worse than 2nd in the SEC West. We will find out if they would have finished 1st or 2nd on January 1st.

I will go with first, because I am a homer and I just dont think Bama is the caliber of team they were 2-3 years ago.

PS- Bama could only get 106 on the ground against LSU.....same LSU defense Wisky torched between the tackles.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

The SEC played a total of 41 games against Top 10 teams. BIG 14? 19 games!! With one win against a Top 10 team. By OSU. League went 1-18 :lol: The BIG 14 played 33 games against Top 30 teams. They won 7....WHEREAS..THE SEC played 99 Games against TOP 30 teams. Won 42...With your thinking Badboy you would put THE OSU behind Va Tech AND Wake in the ACC. Correct?.. Come on!...I think your Bucks might get Wake in overtime.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Honestly General, its a bit humiliating to yourself to keep thumping the SEC scheduling chest when they play so many non conference opponents that people havent even heard of. At least with OSU, they are playing non conference schools that you will see on tv again before the end of the season (especially watching the bowl games lol).

What a joke to play schools that people didnt know existed when you are Bama, LSU, Auburn and Miss State. These schools show up, get paid, go back under the rock their program lives under for another year.

Florida Atlantic, Southern MIss, Western Carolina, Sam Huston, UL Monroe, Samford......the list goes on and on.

Pathetic.

At least Navy, Cincy and VT are household names.

How many times has Samford, OL Monroe, etc etc been show on a nationally syndicated network or had highlights on Sportscenter since they played against the SEC? None. Save yourself the time googling it.

Gotta go to youtube and watch cheap cell phone footage if you want to stay up to date with those powerhouse schools....or uh....that "gauntlet" as you call it.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

The General wrote:The SEC played a total of 41 games against Top 10 teams. BIG 14? 19 games!! With one win against a Top 10 team. By OSU. League went 1-18 :lol: The BIG 14 played 33 games against Top 30 teams. They won 7....WHEREAS..THE SEC played 99 Games against TOP 30 teams. Won 42...With your thinking Badboy you would put THE OSU behind Va Tech AND Wake in the ACC. Correct?.. Come on!...I think your Bucks might get Wake in overtime.
Rankings favor the SEC....thus when you throw them in a blender, those stats look better than they really are. How many of those alleged 41 games have the same teams listed in the top 10 now? Exactly!

SEC didnt play 41 games against top 10 teams outside of their conference. Your stats are horsesh!t.

If you bring something to the table worth talking about, I am all ears.

All will come to a head Jan 1st.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

You are right Badboy. VaTech is a household name!! Not quite for the reasons you are thinking I imagine :lol: AND.. I will not be watching Kent State in their Bowl game :lol: Nor will I be watching BIG 14 OOC teams like W.ILL,S.Fla,HOWARD :lol: :lol: ,Tulane,S.ILL,Akron,UMASS,FLA ATL,McNeese ST.,E.ILL,MID.TENN.ST,Eastern MICHIGAN :lol: ,JACKSONVILLE STATE!!,WYOMING,MIAMI OHIO,PRESIDENT JAMES MADISON,N.Iowa,North TEXAS,YOUNGSTOWN,TEXAS STATE,TESTICLE TECH,or Indiana State without Larry Bird in their Bowl games!! I will watch Central Michigan,however, since they did knock off one of those "POWER" BIG 14 programs...There Big Ears :lol:

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Wonder why the rankings favor the SEC?..... :lol: ..and The PAC 12..... And the Big 12....Over the BIG 14 Badboy?..... Maybe better teams in better conferences? Could that be it?.... Or is everyone just biased?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The General wrote:Wonder why the rankings favor the SEC?..... :lol: ..and The PAC 12..... And the Big 12....Over the BIG 14 Badboy?..... Maybe better teams in better conferences? Could that be it?.... Or is everyone just biased?
if im counting right i think the big 10 has more teams in top 25 than big12

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Bama's Rush defense has given up 9 100 yard rushers in 8 years, none this year, and averaging 88 yards per game and only 3 rush TDs this season.

Ezekiel Elliot will break the 100 yard mark and OSU will match the season TD total.

Return to “College Sports”