Valenth's Week 10 Thoughts...

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Week 10 Thoughts...

Post by Valenth »

Well another Week in the Books... Lets take a look at some thoughts...

#1. Ohio States sole Hurdle to the College Football Playoffs is Indiana.

Ohio State is taking care of Business while Indiana is the BIG SHOCK of the B1G now Downing Penn State AND Michigan. Things are being turned upside down in the B1G in the very odd and strained 2020 season.

#2. Clemson failed at handling the Irish Rush Attack.

I think this game REALLY REALLY showed the true colors of Clemson... And IMO they're quite Vulnerable WITH or WITHOUT Trevor Lawrence. Their Defense gave up 47 Points. AND STILL Notre Dame is a Very Beatable Team... This spells Disaster for the ACC coming up.

(On another Note... With the Fans Storming the field... I would almost GUARANTEE hearing of Positive Cases from Notre Dame in the Next few Days. Which if so... could spell the end for the ACC.)

#3. Florida is paving their SEC East Path to the SEC Championship.

After Dismantling Georgia yesterday... The Gators need to stay HEALTHY to get their chance at an SEC Championship and Possible Playoff Spot.

#4. DONT SLEEP on Group of 5 Teams this Year....

The Cincinnati Bearcats under Luke Fickell is firing on ALL Cylinders... They're taking care of Business and I see them possibly moving up the Rankings.
BYU is a bolt from the Blue and they just destroyed Boise State.
Marshall Keeps rolling against all their respective opponents.

Cincinnati seems to be the most likely of the 3 to possibly make a Playoff spot... cause all 3 of these teams are outplaying the BIG XII so far.. and if Disaster ensues in the ACC... that could open up a door as well for one of these teams.

Thoughts? Lets Discuss!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenth's Week 10 Thoughts...

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I agree with you for the most part. However, I can't completely agree with you about Clemson. Yes, they have given up some points this year, and that's something that they will need to clean up, and I fully believe they have the coaching ability (Brett Venables) to do so. But, looking at their injury report, not just Trevor Lawrence has been missing for them (which seems like it didn't really effect their offense). They have a ton of guys missing on the defensive side of the ball. They had 12 players out with injury on the defensive side of the ball. I understand that not all 12 of those would make an impact on the game, but some of them definitely would.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:55 pm I agree with you for the most part. However, I can't completely agree with you about Clemson. Yes, they have given up some points this year, and that's something that they will need to clean up, and I fully believe they have the coaching ability (Brett Venables) to do so. But, looking at their injury report, not just Trevor Lawrence has been missing for them (which seems like it didn't really effect their offense). They have a ton of guys missing on the defensive side of the ball. They had 12 players out with injury on the defensive side of the ball. I understand that not all 12 of those would make an impact on the game, but some of them definitely would.
True but we know there likely will be more COVID Cases soon too.. its only a matter of time. But I agree Clemson is still a good team.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

My thoughts are that Bama and Florida are the best teams at the moment then the Domers and Clemson. Ohio State is a question mark . Could the final four be two SEC teams and two from the ACC?.Throw in possibly Oregon, Cincinnati, BYU, and even aTm into the mix and you have a fun season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”