Wisconsin plastered by Flo. State

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Wisconsin plastered by Flo. State

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

42-13.

Big ten really needs to relook at how they are doing things.

Orestes
S

Re: Wisconsin plastered by Flo. State

Post by Orestes »

I don't expect the Big10 to have a great bowl season, but the Big10 also did not allow Wisconsin to fair well. After the back to back losses to UM and OSU, Wisconsin has been horrible. They had a 3-5 Big10 record and were destroyed by Penn State and Iowa.

Plus, the score in this one is a bit deceiving. Wisconsin made critical mistakes that cost them. They were very much in the game for 3 quarters. The lateral for a FSU defensive TD that should have been reviewed, the Hill fumble after a good drive and closing in for a score, the phantom roughing the punter, and the game was decided. All the rest was Wisconsin giving up and FSU tacking it on.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

Orestes:

Wisconsin made critical mistakes that cost them

And Florida State didn't. That's football. That is a huge part of the game. Many of the mistakes Wisconsin dealt with were forced errors.

The lateral for a FSU defensive TD that should have been reviewed

Just saw a replay with a yellow line added to show that the ball was thrown backward, no question. It was a heads up play by the defense. Mickey Andrews is one of the greatest "D" coordinators in football. Florida State is MUCH faster than Wisconsin.

phantom roughing the punter

No question, TERRIBLE call. Completely inexcusable. The referee is supposed to be watching NOTHING but the punter and he blew it. The punter not only was't ruffed, he wasn't TOUCHED! This on a 4th and 1. The possession ended with and FSU TD.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

I would like to congratulate FSU on handling Wisconsin with ease. What a pleasure it is to beat down on a Big Ten team like Wisconsin. We always hear about how Wisconsin is always 10-2 or 9-3 or 11-1 and such a tough competitor in the Big Ten. They sure didn't seem very competitive to me. They had all their players back from last year, so must have been bad coaching or discipline I'm not sure. I agree that the roughing the kicker call was awful, but when it happened I stood up and yelled "That's roughing the kicker!" It honestly did look like he roughed the kicker. Maybe the ref. didn't have a great view on it, and saw it the way I saw it. I think it is actually smart for the kicker to do that if he can get away with it. FSU defense just forced the turnovers, and Wisconsin didn't. Wisconsin's RB though can really run the ball well once he gets going. I didn't think they would have long yardage runs, but he broke through a couple of times.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

FSU had too much speed for Wisky to handle.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Im in 8 different Bowl pickems and I dont think I took any big ten teams at all.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Badgers were too big and too slow

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i picked florida state in my bowl picks, but i hate it for the big ten. fsu. got hot late in the year, and the game was in orlando. so i figured fsu. would win, basically a home game.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Guys, you do realize Wisconsin sucked within the Big10 as well, right?

I only picked Iowa for a win in the Big10 and I thought long and hard about that one, but everyone is blowing this way out of proportion.

FSU= 5-3 ACC team
Wisconsin = 3-5 in a DOWN Big10

Also, Wisconsin was on a downward spiral. Wisconsin is not too slow. They are two years removed from handling Arkansas' wildcat offense and last year they battled a close one with the SEC East Champions. Their new QB is terrible, they were falling apart in the second half of the season, and they made awful mistakes (yes, I know better teams do not make them but these are humans who make odd mistakes from time to time, not robots who will get the same result every night).

People are quite the knee-jerkers these days.

BTW FSUfan, brag about the win all you want, but this wasn't a 11-1 or 10-2 Wisconsin team. This is a team that barely beat Cal-Poly, at home, at night, in order to become bowl eligible.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

BTW FSUfan, brag about the win all you want, but this wasn't a 11-1 or 10-2 Wisconsin team. This is a team that barely beat Cal-Poly, at home, at night, in order to become bowl eligible.

It was a drill job though. It wasn't just an FSU win. They pounded Wisconsin the way a good team pounds a lesser team.

You are right about the Big 10 being down, but how often does the Big 10 compete well against Florida teams or the SEC in bowls?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

D Owens wrote:

It was a drill job though. It wasn't just an FSU win. They pounded Wisconsin the way a good team pounds a lesser team.

You are right about the Big 10 being down, but how often does the Big 10 compete well against Florida teams or the SEC in bowls?

It was a nice job by FSU.

As for the Big10's record, the last 10 years the Big10 is tied with the SEC in bowl games. I believe it is 17-17.

I have no idea about the "against Florida teams" stat, but I remember a Michigan win over Florida last year and an OSU win over Miami in 2003 (2002 season). Outside of the Wisconsin game, I seem to remember Michigan beating Florida in 2002/2003, and I cannot remember any others since 2000.

Basically, the Big10 has been fine. They are just down right now, but it is not so much that it can't be corrected within a year or two. Plus, it has no bearing on OSU, as Miami used to dominate the terrible Big East and they were ok. OSU just needs to right their own ship and take care of business.

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Ohio State and Penn State scores will be worst. :cry:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i think the psu score will be alot worse than the osu score, meaning point differential. ohio state has an outside chance of beating texas whereas i dont think penn state has a chance.

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

Orestes wrote:BTW FSUfan, brag about the win all you want, but this wasn't a 11-1 or 10-2 Wisconsin team. This is a team that barely beat Cal-Poly, at home, at night, in order to become bowl eligible.

A team that barely beat Ohio State as well... :?: :?: :?:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

CMo wrote:
Orestes wrote:BTW FSUfan, brag about the win all you want, but this wasn't a 11-1 or 10-2 Wisconsin team. This is a team that barely beat Cal-Poly, at home, at night, in order to become bowl eligible.

Huh?

OSU beat Wisconsin on the road, at night. After the two-straight losses to Michigan and OSU, Wisconsin went to the tank. They were crushed, just crushed, by PSU and Iowa. Not games where those teams pulled away late, but they were buried early and then the clock was run out.

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

Orestes wrote:
CMo wrote:

Huh?

OSU beat Wisconsin on the road, at night. After the two-straight losses to Michigan and OSU, Wisconsin went to the tank. They were crushed, just crushed, by PSU and Iowa. Not games where those teams pulled away late, but they were buried early and then the clock was run out.

LOL i was saying that you was trying to say that Wisconsin had barely beat Cal-Poly, at home, at night, in order to become bowl eligible... That's the same team that took Ohio State down to the wire. But, none the less, the W over Cal-Poly is a "W", and the L versus Ohio State is an "L". It just might hurt your public perception, that's all.. lol

Return to “College Sports”