MORE BS USC Mascot comes under fire

farmer
SEOP

MORE BS USC Mascot comes under fire

Post by farmer »

Some people are complaining about the USC Mascot Traveler being like General Lee's white horse Traveller. Here is why USC has the horse as a Mascot. Time for people to QUIT COMPLAINNG ABOUT EVERYTHING

When the Times contacted the university, officials referenced the mascot's official bio page. “USC’s mascot horse is a symbol of ancient Troy. Its rider, with costume and sword, is a symbol of a Trojan warrior,” the bio reads in part. “The name Traveler, spelled with one ‘l,’ is a common name among horses. . . . USC’s Traveler is and has always been a proud symbol of Troy. There is no truth to any other claims or rumors about its name.”

The Times offered differing accounts about whether the horse is, in fact, named after Lee's Traveller, but couldn't verify the name's origin.

Traveler has been a part of Trojans football since 1961, when USC officials spotted a local man riding a white horse in the Rose Parade and thought it would be a good idea to have him dress in armor and ride the horse around the field at home football games. A succession of Travelers have followed in the years since. Traveler IX will debut this fall.

In the years since that debut, Traveler has become a beloved tradition with USC football fans. There is even a statue of the mascot on campus. So Traveler definitely has many staunch defenders if this political debate heats up

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: MORE BS USC Mascot comes under fire

Post by Omega »

Yeah, political correctness run amuck. You would think college administrators would be more concerned about real world problems like education and campus crime. Then again I am not a snowflake and I do not know what a microagression is.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it takes all kinds.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They are afraid up in Columbus that they might try tear down Christopher Columbus's Statue,they have been having to post a guard to make sure nobody vandalizes it. I agree this crap is getting ridiculous! Mostly young people just wanting an excuse to stir up trouble. :roll:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It's a monkey see....monkey do kinda thing. Bunch of brainless idiots.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

cbolt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:26 pm They are afraid up in Columbus that they might try tear down Christopher Columbus's Statue,they have been having to post a guard to make sure nobody vandalizes it. I agree this crap is getting ridiculous! Mostly young people just wanting an excuse to stir up trouble. :roll:

In Columbus someone went into a Cemetary that has Confederate soldiers. Knocked over a statue and took the head of the soldier. Cemetaries are suppose to be peaceful places. This senseless breaking the law by people who think laws do not matter. This may led to violence at College Football Games.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They will probably be wanting Brutus Buckeye done away with before long, big headed people will feel their being discriminated against.lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bubble heads will be done away with too...discriminating against ....I can't bring myself to say it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “College Sports”