Cleveland Browns death watch

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Cleveland Browns death watch

Post by dazed&confused »

Well it's that time again, boys and girls. The Browns are spiraling down to another crash and a faux-Phoenix resurrection (Google it). In typical fashion, they win a meaningless game that will knock them out of the first pick, which they would ultimately waste. So I'm starting this thread because
A) They're clearly not winning another game this season.
B) I think Jimmy is going to blow it all up again.
C) There will be genuine angst among we Browns fans (both of us) about what to do.

GO....

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Cleveland Browns death watch

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well friend. I truly hope they get things turned around. this Bengal wants them back on top of their game as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I got a feeling the game this week will get really ugly, esp.with Pettine's comments about Wilson not being a top tier QB,the Browns defense is bad enough without throwing more gas on the fire,and poor Johnny will be running for his life the whole game with no running game backing him up.This one will be over by halftime and needs a running clock the second half.Haslam needs to wait until after the season to make moves I just hope he don't keep Farmer around,he will probably want the coaching staff canned but not sure what he will do about Farmer which will doom them in the draft for sure if he stays.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The only way Cleveland turns things around next year is to Clean House.... Get arid of Pettine and his garbage staff... Fire the GM and get someone who actually knows what they are doing.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I am not a Browns fan, but would really like to see them competitive again. Rid the GM and coaches. Bring in people that have an idea of what they're doing. Saw the mock draft that came out the other day by ESPN, they have the Browns picking second. Said they'll take the QB out of Memphis. But the draft is a long way away. They need to take care of in house things first.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Exactly

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Valenth wrote:The only way Cleveland turns things around next year is to Clean House.... Get arid of Pettine and his garbage staff... Fire the GM and get someone who actually knows what they are doing.
Been on going from 1999 forward :shock: ain't gona change soon :roll:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

d-5 wrote:
Valenth wrote:The only way Cleveland turns things around next year is to Clean House.... Get arid of Pettine and his garbage staff... Fire the GM and get someone who actually knows what they are doing.
Been on going from 1999 forward :shock: ain't gona change soon :roll:

Youre right :(

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I think the way I would do things if I were Jimmy would be to release Farmer immediately after the last game. Spend your time getting a good GM. Then when he's in place, address the coaching staff and revamp the scouting department. If the GM wants to keep Pettine, I'm ok with it but he needs to part ways with O'Neill at the least. Look, we have Gordon coming back from suspension, we have a Pro Bowl TE. Draft another receiver somewhere, keep the O line intact, see where Johnny's head is and get some pass rushers in the draft. I think this is salvageable but we need to admit what isn't working and enhance what is. Blowing it all up again is a step back.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SEEN SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK WHERE THE COACH HAD MOVED JOHNNY FOOTBALL TO 3ED STRING AS DISCIPLINE.ANY TRUTH TO THIS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Browns need to do what the Reds are doing... just in higher executive positions! :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I SEEN SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK WHERE THE COACH HAD MOVED JOHNNY FOOTBALL TO 3ED STRING AS DISCIPLINE.ANY TRUTH TO THIS.
That sounds like some old news from a few weeks back,hope it's not true because I don't even think they have 3 qbs now with McCown hurt.He was at that Cavs game last night shown lifting a dark colored drink.Hope Pettine didn't see that cause he might demote him to 3rd sting :lol:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Coach Pettine was handling the QB situation like Meyer.... the carousel spins... nobody knows

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

It's Cleveland. A year from now we'll have new GM, new coach, three new QBs and 3 wins. :?

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

^ :lol: youre right!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

hope the Browns knock off Seattle

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Browns started out good, scoring on the first series. Sort of looked like the play calling started changing a bit after that.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The crap at the end of the first half is unacceptable, shows a lack of discipline and just pure stupidity. I know those 3 points didn't cost the game but it's that kind of stuff that has to stop. It doesn't take 30 years to build a freaking team. It's the same thing over and over and over.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree that was crazy letting them score with no time left on the clock,all they had to do was just bring him down but no they got to grab the mask and give them a free play.Browns have got to do something to address this pathetic defense before next year.I don't care who the QB is they will not win if they can't get off the field and give the offense the ball.Seems like every third down Seattle had they converted no matter how many yards they needed. :cry: I just looked it up and Seattle was 9-12 converting 3rd down :roll:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Browns in two words: UTTER FAILURE!

Return to “Pro Sports”