Redskins Fire Head Coach Jay Gruden

Omega
SEOPS H

Redskins Fire Head Coach Jay Gruden

Post by Omega »

The Washington Redskins have fired Head Coach Jay Gruden after an 0-5 start to the NFL season.

Two immediate questions come to mind. 1.) Who replaces Gruden for next season (Harbaugh? Day?)? 2.) Does this help or hurt OSU's Dwayne Haskins?

Honestly Haskins has not looked like a first round draft choice during his limited opportunities and apparently was not wanted by Gruden during the draft. I guess there is more to being a successful NFL quarterback than just having a golden arm. From what I have read, Simba would have been better served staying at OSU for one more year to learn how to be a quarterback rather than being a just a great thrower.

https://www.newsweek.com/washington-red ... ch-1463534

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Redskins Fire Head Coach Jay Gruden

Post by dazed&confused »

Day isn't going anywhere. Gruden probably happy about being fired. Harbaugh is tainted goods now. Haskins will play later in year but is about two years away from getting it. Should've stayed at OSU

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Read a story where a reporter asked if Steelers Coach Tomlin as possible replacement. Some Steelers would not be upset if Tomlin left. The only way he would go is if Snyder takes a backseat. As well as get a new GM. Like ESPN's Louis Riddick.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I could see Harbaugh landing there. He has to be getting the itch to get back to the pros after his mediocre stint with ttun. Snyder probably wouldn't care about his michigan performance, he would remember how successful he was before that and how bad things were under Gruden.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Snyder as an owner is more like Jerry Jones. Jerry is giving up some control to son Steven. But still has his say. Steven has been able to control some of Jerry's impulses.
Washington GM says there is no dysfunction but over 30 employees in the front office left this summer because of Snyder. Which would have to change if HArbaugh would really think about it.

Da Game
Waterboy

Post by Da Game »

Omega wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:07 pm The Washington Redskins have fired Head Coach Jay Gruden after an 0-5 start to the NFL season.

Two immediate questions come to mind. 1.) Who replaces Gruden for next season (Harbaugh? Day?)? 2.) Does this help or hurt OSU's Dwayne Haskins?

Honestly Haskins has not looked like a first round draft choice during his limited opportunities and apparently was not wanted by Gruden during the draft. I guess there is more to being a successful NFL quarterback than just having a golden arm. From what I have read, Simba would have been better served staying at OSU for one more year to learn how to be a quarterback rather than being a just a great thrower.

Simba ?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Da Game wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:54 pm
Omega wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:07 pm The Washington Redskins have fired Head Coach Jay Gruden after an 0-5 start to the NFL season.

Simba ?

Haskins nickname while at OSU. Reference the Lion King.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Pro Sports”