XFL

baseball16
All State

XFL

Post by baseball16 »

XFL has a chance to completely take down NCAA College Football. They are going to open up the Draft where college players don't have to wait 3 years before entering. They will have a chance to get some big names. If you are Trevor Lawrence of Clemson and could make millions of dollars would you go to the XFL after this year? This could be huge. Some big time players could go after this year! Justin Fields has a big year he could even decide to go and play! This could be a game changer for the "big" names of College Football.

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Re: XFL

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Nope. Don’t see fields leaving the buckeyes

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think this league will fold as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think this time the league will last, if Vince M. is serious about not competing with the NFL and playing this straight up.
Dallas will be my team.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I'm telling you now, they might be on to something here. They will go after the big name sophomores and freshmen give them a boat load of money to join their league. If this happens it will force the NFL into drafting kids earlier. It will be interesting to see if Trevor Lawrence and others take the money and RUN to the XFL. I hope so! NFL is getting to be too much of a political propaganda league !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

It doesn't matter how good a QB is. If they do not have a good offensive line a QB will get beat up. So they may never make it to the NFL. Clemson's offensive line as a whole maybe better than any line in the XFL. For some of the top QB's may want to stay in school.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I had to edit my original post because I had looked at the first XFL web page.
So as I have already stated, after my edit, Dallas will be my team.
Can't wait until the teams all have rosters up.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Anyone think XFL could be a nice landing spot for Braxton Miller and Pryor?

Its all in the hips
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Happy McGavin wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:21 am Anyone think XFL could be a nice landing spot for Braxton Miller and Pryor?
Both should have their bags packed and waiting. I hope Dallas can land both.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I will bet my house that Johnny Football and Colin Kap. will be on an XFL roster. Braxton will probably be as well.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

What about Cardale Jones? Would he be a good fit for a XFL team?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Who's your team?

Going with DC

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

mattash wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:30 pm Who's your team?

Going with DC

DC too!!

I’m a supporter of ol 12Gauge.

As of now the game and level of competition has far succeeded that of the 2001 XFL opening game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Goodness 12Gauge has the arm strength

Just put a rocket into a small window and it was money !!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm watching. They have some interesting ideas. I like the kickoff. Also how they do xtra points. And the games move along quick. If they can put some quality into the game, might have a chance. I think they should wait to start season until mid March when we miss football and wind up right before NFL training camps.
Now, can we get a team in Crew Stadium? How about the Columbus Stags? Red and gray?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:15 pm I'm watching. They have some interesting ideas. I like the kickoff. Also how they do xtra points. And the games move along quick. If they can put some quality into the game, might have a chance. I think they should wait to start season until mid March when we miss football and wind up right before NFL training camps.
Now, can we get a team in Crew Stadium? How about the Columbus Stags? Red and gray?

I like it !!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:36 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:15 pm I'm watching. They have some interesting ideas. I like the kickoff. Also how they do xtra points. And the games move along quick. If they can put some quality into the game, might have a chance. I think they should wait to start season until mid March when we miss football and wind up right before NFL training camps.

I like it !!
I watched it also, some of the changes were interesting as well, I hope it catches on, hopefully a good paycheck for some of these guys who otherwise would never have a chance.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:56 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:36 pm

I like it !!
I watched it also, some of the changes were interesting as well, I hope it catches on, hopefully a good paycheck for some of these guys who otherwise would never have a chance.

I thought cardale jones looked awfully good

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I am watching the opening game now, as I had to DVR both games today because of work.
I plan on doing a game recap for the games I watch, much like the college basketball games that I do.
My thoughts on the 1st half of the Seattle @ Washington game.
Keenan Reynolds (Navy) has looked good for Seattle and Kenneth Farrow (Houston) has looked good, when he has been in the game.
For Washington
Cardale Jones (Ohio State) has been spotty at best. Has ran the ball very well. Ty Rausa (Boise State) had a career long 56 yard kick.
Overall the defenses has been very good for both.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I like the kick off

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Pro Sports”