Rules question

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Rules question

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

In today’s game between the Reds and Pirates, Reds batter Dietrich was intentionally hit by a pitch. I scuffle ensued with players being ejected. My question is that when play resumed, the hit batter was still at bat, and subsequently struck out. Why was the hit batter not awarded 1st base?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Rules question

Post by Chieftain2009 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:12 pm In today’s game between the Reds and Pirates, Reds batter Dietrich was intentionally hit by a pitch. I scuffle ensued with players being ejected. My question is that when play resumed, the hit batter was still at bat, and subsequently struck out. Why was the hit batter not awarded 1st base?
The incident that you're referring to, you must have seen incorrectly. The pitch was thrown behind the batter and he was not hit, therefore, it was a ball.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

You are correct, I looked again, and indeed he was not hit by the pitch. Thanks

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Winkler had a few choice words early in the game after a out he made ! To a Red player in the dug out ! Just read the lips ! WOW! This season may be over early again plus daddy works for the Reds! Bell ?????? As a Coach!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Pirates pitcher Chris Archer (who instigated this whole thing) has been suspended for 5 games. Puig suspended 2, and manager Bell suspended 1.

Return to “Pro Sports”