San Antonio Commanders 12 Birmingham Iron 11

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

San Antonio Commanders 12 Birmingham Iron 11

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This was the ugliest game, so fat this season but my team won, so it was an beautiful ugly to me.
If you are following the league, then you know box scores are hard to find, so stats as far as teams stats goes are almost impossible to find.
In this game there were almost as many penalties as points.
Birmingham (3-1) had 198 yards passing and 85 on the ground, while the Commanders (2-2) had just 95 yards through the air but 161 on the ground.
Neither team had a Touchdown through the air but each team had one on the ground.
For Birmingham, Trent Richardson had another touchdown, but only totaled 15 yards on 8 carries. He also had 5 catches for 37 yards.
Brandon Ross (Maryland) led Birmingham's ground attack with 9 carries and 64 yards, but coughed up the ball late and allowed, what turned out to be the game winning field goal by Nick Rose (Texas), who remains perfect on the season.

For the Commanders Nick Rose had two field goals and Trey Williams (Texas A&M) had a rushing touchdown. In all Williams had 20 yards on 4 carries.
Leading the ground game was Kenneth Farrow, II (Houston) had 30 carries and 142 yards. Leading what little passing game the winners had as far as receiving yards goes was, Greg Ward, Jr. (Houston) 2 catches 24 yards. The offensive line was decent when run blocking but at one point the offense had six plays inside the five and got just a field goal. 5 runs and 1 incomplete pass (Pass interference was called) was the results.

Derron Smith (Fresno State) had 6 tackles to lead the winners defense. Jayrone Elliott (Toledo) had a sack. Orion Stewart (Baylor) and Zack Sanchez (Oklahoma) each had picks. For the Iron, Beniquez Brown (Mississippi State) had 7 tackles and 1 sack. Jeremy Faulk (Garden City CC) also had 7 tackles.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: San Antonio Commanders 12 Birmingham Iron 11

Post by mattash »

Why are box scores s9 hard to find. You going to any games

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The league's website is not very good right now and news papers are not showing the league any love.
I would love to but the games are to far away. Plus I am working seven days a week right now.

Columbus and Dayton are two of the cities supposedly up for expansion teams next season.
If either gets one I am there.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

That would be awesome. Ratings are good surprised no one keeps stats

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The Commanders seem to be the only ones drawing in person.
The crowd at Birmingham was tiny.
Can not find a site that list attendance.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Yeah attendance is bad but tv rating is good. They would be better off putting these on high school fields in medium size towns not close to NFL stadiuns.

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I would say if it stays as is. Go to D2 college stadiums of possible. But then again that would change the space needed to put the games on TV.

Return to “Pro Sports”