Depth Chart?
Who do we draft?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
farmer
SEOP

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals

Post by farmer »

Coach Mike Munchek the Steelers offensive line coach. Well respected by coaches and players. A no nonsense guy. Line needs improved.

First question to be answered is to keep Dalton or get rid of him as this is not a good draft for QB's. Where he has value for teams like Jacksonville and with Mariota being hurt with nagging injuries Tennessee would be good fits for Dalton.

Also time to get rid of Burfect after his poor play and 7th concussion.

See if John Ross has any trade value. With around 20 catches but 7 TD's, To many drops and penalties attempting to block.

Dre Kirkpatrick overpaid for his production and screwups he makes every game.

Draft is a defensive draft at the top with many defensive linemen in the first round. Not a need but if a game changer is there they need to take him.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Who do I want to be coach? Anyone who has never been apart of the organization. Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor, or Shane Waldron are all names who have been mentioned.

Who do I think will be coach? Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph or Darrin Simmons. I hope it’s none of these guys.

When it comes to the roster honestly I don’t think we will see much change. Dalton most likely isn’t going anywhere. Burfict also probably will be back. Cedric Ohbuhei should be gone come March. Doubt they are big players in free agency, but I could see them making one decently big signing if an outside coach is brought in.

As far as the draft goes, I think it’s pretty clear the need is once again offensive line. Bobby Hart was an absolute joke, he had no business starting. Alex Redmond was equally as bad, so we need to address both guard and tackle in the draft or free agency. Depending on what happens with Eifert they could also draft a TE.

I’d like to be optimistic going into next season but it’s hard and too early to tell. I will say the firing of Marvin Lewis is a start.

Who Dey!
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Vance Joseph to interview. Hue has to be in the mix. Yee-haw!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Offensive line help is needed.When they drafted the Big O and Fisher neither came close. Hart no idea what they were thinking since he couldn't make it with the poor line play of the Giants. Glenn was alright not the force he was before getting injured. Why Munchak makes sense as a head coach. He made a big difference with the Steelers line not the diva offensive play makers. Then be able to pay the assistants well not going cheap.

They say Burfect is a good guy and great locker room guy. With the injuries and concussions transition him to coaching.

Vance Joseph didn't get help at QB. Maybe better as an assistant. Hard to tell who the Bengals really like since this process is such a smoke screen of games NFL teams play. With coaches on playoff teams no one wants a Josh McDaniels to the Colts. Not sure if he wants to leave the Pats with the way he is being paid.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Now the the Jets picked former Miami Coach Gase as their head coach. This leaves the Bengals and the still needing coaches. Said the Bengals are finished with interviews. Maybe they should check with Munchak.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if they hire hue I'm done with em. I certainly hope they don't the fact he is being considered is scarey. he went 2-36-1 as a browns coach. he may be a great guy, I have no idea. but that don't win ball games n playoff games.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bengals hire Zac Taylor as next head coach:

It’s finally done.

The Cincinnati Bengals have reached an agreement with Zac Taylor to become the team’s next head coach, the team announced Monday. The team will officially introduce him in a Tuesday press conference.

Taylor, who was the Los Angeles Rams’ quarterbacks coach this past season, has been poised to be Cincinnati’s next coach for the past month. The Bengals zeroed in on him early in the search for the franchise’s next head coach.

However, the Bengals could not officially hire him until the Rams’ season ended. Taylor and the Rams wound up making it to Super Bowl 53, where they ultimately fell to the New England Patriots.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/4/18 ... s-football

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope he can get things going back in the right direction. by my own admission, I know nothing about him.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Not with that QB ? Browns QB is up and coming !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Bengals Sign TE Uzomah and safety Brandon Wilson but lose TE Tyler Kroft to the Bills.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Bengals will sign the poor blocking OT Bobby "I don't play with Heart" Hart. Surprised they signed him last year then to resign him. Sure a sign of Bengals still making dumb moves.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The new offensive line coach needs to have his eyes checked. New offensive line coach had this to say about Bobby Hart.

“I can’t comment on the right tackle because he’s unrestricted so I’m not sure what’s going to happen with him,” Turner said. “I thought he did a great job. I thought was phenomenal. I know he gave up some sacks and pressures and all this other business, but if you really watch him play, he played with passion and I thought he played well. He played for Jimbo, so I talked with Jimbo about him coming from Florida State. I just like what he brought to the table as far as energy is concerned. I think he’s an athlete and I think he’s a good player, a good, solid player.”

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Still reading that the Bengals pick a DTackle with their first pick. Which can be a very good player but a hugh need is at the offensive line. I still would get rid of Burfect. As many teams are getting rid of players with big contracts.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Saw where Bobby Hart was rated as the 68 best offensive tackle in the NFL. Sure goes against the new offensive line coach's comments. Much like the way people talked about the two young tackles were ready to play a couple of years ago. They never played well enough than to be part time players. Hart started because he was better than the others.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Bengals need to start getting some new players to keep up with the Browns

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

We go brownies....here we go ..... ..WUFF...WUFF!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you hain't right county.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 am you hain't right county.

😂😂😂

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

More and more stories being out about which direction the Bengals are going. Some are about trading AJ Green who is in the final year of his contract and he is 30 years old. He is a great talent but he has missed games for years. So getting rid of him now will still give the Bengals something in return. Maybe allowing them to pick up some good WR to replace him in the draft.

If they do that then trading Dalton is possible. Miami is still there even when they signed Fitzpatrick after trading Tanninghill. Even going to Tampa with Winston as the QB. Depending on what the new coaching staff thinks of Dalton on how he fits into the new offense.

Return to “Pro Sports”