2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Huge win tonight to go up 2-1 in the series. Bob was absolutely on point in the net!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Wow! Another great win tonight, very nerve racking 3rd period.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Take away the short handed goal Boston scored in the first period of game 1 and Columbus would be looking at series sweep...part two.

A hot goal keeper, very good power play, and shut down defense can propel a team a long way!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Gets late early these days. Three games, one goal difference. If the Bruins win Thursday, the series takes on a whole different direction.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:20 pm Gets late early these days. Three games, one goal difference. If the Bruins win Thursday, the series takes on a whole different direction.
Completely agree with what you're saying. I guess if the Blue Jackets win tonight and go up 3 games to 1, you would have to like there chances to win this series. I just don't want to see the series be tied 2-2, and then have to play the best 2out of 3 against the Bruins in Boston.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Still some time left in this one, but it looks as if the series will be tied 2-2 after tonight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I sure hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid the Bruins are playing with a lot of confidence right now, and won't be surprised if they win the next 2 games also.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Both teams have shown the ability to win on enemy ice. Great play by both goalies. As a Boston fan, I was relieved to see Bergeron and Pastrnak score and finally some power play goals. Still, Columbus seems quicker and a lot of the game was played in the Boston zone. Series reset.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Attn Columbus/Boston:

You have someone waiting for you....Carolina just swept the Islanders...who swept Pittsburgh in round 1.

Hats off to Coach Brind'Amore and the team!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I don't think most people in the New England area with their 34 major sports championships even know where Columbus Ohio is other than it's where OSU is located much like the rest of the United States. If they can put the last 20 years of hockey existence behind them and win just their 2nd series ever things might change a little but until then most will still look at c-bus as "cow town" with no relevance in pro sports and always just a college town with a pretty good football pedigree.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

WHAT A GAME!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Columbus has got to play alot better on defense in game 6. Boston should have had 5 other goals....Bob the goalie played very well. WAY to many turnovers in the defensive end.

Boston plays somewhat like Tampa....quick outlet passes with lots of forechecking in the offensive zone...only they are more physical.

If Bergeron, Pastrnak and company continue their scoring...this series is over Monday night...jmho.

Anderson for CBJ has got to put one in the net. That will fire up the team...again imho.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 pm Columbus has got to play alot better on defense in game 6. Boston should have had 5 other goals....Bob the goalie played very well. WAY to many turnovers in the defensive end.

Boston plays somewhat like Tampa....quick outlet passes with lots of forechecking in the offensive zone...only they are more physical.

If Bergeron, Pastrnak and company continue their scoring...this series is over Monday night...jmho.

Anderson for CBJ has got to put one in the net. That will fire up the team...again imho.
Agree with what you say about the defense, they just can't get it done. The Goalie overall has really played great, the defense has not made it hard on Boston at all. I will say that the Boston goalie, with the exception of late in the 3rd period last night, has been very good as well. It just seems to me that when the Blue Jackets had a 2 game to 1 lead in the series, and didn't convert on the Penalty Shot in the 4th game, that the team as a whole has struggled to put the puck in the net. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think they will be going back to Boston for the 7th and final game.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

VetteMan wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:38 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 pm Columbus has got to play alot better on defense in game 6. Boston should have had 5 other goals....Bob the goalie played very well. WAY to many turnovers in the defensive end.

Agree with what you say about the defense, they just can't get it done. The Goalie overall has really played great, the defense has not made it hard on Boston at all. I will say that the Boston goalie, with the exception of late in the 3rd period last night, has been very good as well. It just seems to me that when the Blue Jackets had a 2 game to 1 lead in the series, and didn't convert on the Penalty Shot in the 4th game, that the team as a whole has struggled to put the puck in the net. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think they will be going back to Boston for the 7th and final game.
Torts has got to get those guys thinking about how they beat Tampa....stifling defense...counter attack with speed...things like that. Can they do it...stay tumed Mon. night folks.

No stupid penalties!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

The atmosphere in Nationwide will be nuts. Columbus may well have a big game but 7 is in Boston. Anything can happen in a game 7 but I like the Bruins chances.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't think the Blue Jackets could put the puck in the net if it was an empty net, and there were no opposing players on the ice.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:27 pm I don't think the Blue Jackets could put the puck in the net if it was an empty net, and there were no opposing players on the ice.
I think Rask deserves a little credit he was a wall in goal for Boston

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The last couple games of the series were a little frustrating to watch. But I sure am proud to be a Jackets fan! They had a very good year, and won their first ever playoff series!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

d-5 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:51 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:27 pm I don't think the Blue Jackets could put the puck in the net if it was an empty net, and there were no opposing players on the ice.
Tuuka Rask deserves a ton of credit! Having good D players in front of you help as well. CBJ had several shots ring of the posts and crossbar. I lost track of them after awhile...and not just in this game.Bob the goalie played well also.

Columbus has alot things to do in this off-season. Who to keep-who to trade.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

d-5 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:51 pm
I agree,he certainly had a lot to do with them winning the series. I was just showing a little frustration.

Return to “Pro Sports”