Super Bowl's leading Men

Post by noreply66 »

Who do you think are the top Ten Coaches

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Black Panther
SEO

Re: Super Bowl's leading Men

Post by Black Panther »

Chuck Noll won four so he has to be on or near the top.No worse than #2.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

How true !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Black Panther wrote:Chuck Noll won four so he has to be on or near the top.No worse than #2.
Hard to say he wasn't. In the four championship years his record was 48/11. The win over Dallas in Super Bowl 13 [35/31] will go down as one of the best with many. Chuck Noll ruled the 70s. Over all the Steelers have been in 8 Super Bowls tied with Dallas, Denver and New England. They have six wins with Dallas and the 49ers with five. Pittsburgh and Minnesota stand at number two in fewest points score in a Super Bowl with 22.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Some might say Bill Walsh with a 3 and 0 record. His football was called, finesse football. Took him 10 years to create a dynasty with it, winning three Super Bowls with it in the 80s. Took Walsh three years to Turn a 2 and 14 team into a championship team. This was before Jerry Rice. After three Super Bowl wins Bill was burnt out and retired only to watch George Seifert take Bills team to their 4th SB.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Vince Lombardi is another coach that is undefeated in SB at 2 and 0. When Lombardi went to Green Bay they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. If they had the SB earlier Vince could very well had five SB wins under his belt when he stepped down.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Even though i hated those teams i would say jimmy Johnson. Love my Steelers love chuck knoll but Steelers have proven that is a system. that many coaches can lead.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jimmy Johnson only coached Dallas for five years and won two SB but he turned around a laughable franchise in short order to build a dynasty in the 90s. If Johnson hadn't left Dallas many believe they would have won four in a row Dallas won their third SB two years after Jimmy left.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Joe Gibbs went 3 and 1 in SBs. He also won each SB with a different QB. Joe Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien. Gibbs had a 16 and 5 postseason record.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bill Belichick...Built a lot of his teams with later picks in the draft. Has taken the Patriots to six SBs in fourteen years and has a record of 4/2. Three of his SB wins have been by three points in each. From 2003/04 his team had a NFL record of 21 straight wins. His winning percentage of .668 ranks 4th all time.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bill Parcells.....SB record 2 and 1...Won his first SB scoring 30 points in the second half and the second one was a one point win over the Bills, barley hanging on as the Bill's Kicker missed wide right. During Parcells two winning SB season he only lost five games.

Return to “Pro Sports”