NHL 15-16

Mister Bee
Varsity

Re: NHL 15-16

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 2 Bolts 1 F

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ELVIS HAS JUST LEFT THE BUILDING!!!"

As expected, the series goes to 7 games and the final was a classic.

Pens get 2 goals from rookie Bryan Rust and rookie goalie Matt Murray stops all the Bolts shots except for 1.

The midseason coaching change and the youth movement under coach Mike Sullivan is paying dividends for the Pens.

Next up, the Finals vs the Sharks for the Stanley Cup.

Keep the name in mind, Joel Ward RW for the Sharks. The Sharks like to create traffic in front of the net and Ward had a great series vs the Blues getting 4 goals in the last 2 games via the redirected shot. Pens goalie Murray hasn't faced a team like the Sharks and the learning curve will be steep for him.

Game 1 is in Pittsburgh Monday night and the Pens could certainly use a victory in game 1 to jump start themselves as the drive to bring the Cup back to the 'Burgh begins.

"GET IN THE FAST LANE GRANDMA, THE BINGO GAME IS READY TO ROLL!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

:) Good Luck to the Black and Gold ! Bring home Lord Stanley's Cup From the HABS :D

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

d-5 wrote::) Good Luck to the Black and Gold ! Bring home Lord Stanley's Cup From the HABS :D
Thank you. We will need everything to bring Lord Stanley's Cup back to the 'Burgh.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Sharks 2 Game 1

Pens come out firing the puck at Sharks goalie Jones and get an early 2-0 in the first period with the goals coming from rookie Rust, on the 2nd line (Malkin's) and rookie Conor Sheary on the first line (Crosby's).

Sharks come back in the 2nd with a powerplay goal and a very nifty wrap around goal to tie it up.

Pens continue to fire the puck in the 3rd on the Sharks goalie as they outshot the Sharks 41-26 for the game and their 10th straight game outshooting the other team. Pens get the game winner with 2:33 left in the game as Nick Bonino, on the 3rd line, the HBK line, gets his 4th of the playoffs and his 2nd game winner of the playoffs to give the Pens a 1-0 lead in this best of 7 series.

On Christmas Day, the Pens were 12th in the Eastern Conference and appear to be headed nowhere. Shortly thereafter, the Pens front office made a coaching change and brought up current AHL and former NHL head coach Mike Sullivan to give the team a new direction. With him, Sullivan brought up some excellent rookie talents that have helped the Pens revamp their team into a complete team that doesn't just depend on Crosby or Malkin to get it going. They also brought up a 20 year old goalie in Matt Murray to spell Fleury in the net and with Fleury suffering a concussion back on March 31, the Pens appear to have found their goalie for the next 10 years has he has been nothing short of spectacular in the net during the playoffs recording 12 of the Pens 13 wins so far.

Pens are now 3 wins short of the Cup but the Sharks are a very good team and I feel that this series will again go 7 games.

Game 2 is on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.

LETS GO HUNT MOOSE ON A HARLEY!!!

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 2 Shark 1 F/OT

Another great game for hockey fans everywhere to watch.

Pens get the 1-0 lead on a tip in by Kessel but the Sharks continue to fight and get a 3rd period score to tie it at 1-1.

A tense rest of the 3rd period and we go to OT.

Crosby wins the faceoff in the Sharks zone by sending it to LeTang who passes to the rookie Sheary who gets his first OT winner and 2nd goal in as many games.

"GET THAT DOG OFF MY LAWN!!!"

Pens lead the series 2-0 and we head to San Jose for games 3 and 4. A possible series sweep? In the Crosby era, the Pens are 6-0 in series that they lead 2-0 but I just don't see a sweep in this series. Sharks are a good team. Game 3 should be a good one Saturday.

"HOP IN THE CORDOBA BABY, WE'RE GOING BOWLING!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Sharks 3 Pens 2 F/OT

"WE'LL I'LL BE COW KICKED!!!"

Sharks get a late 3rd period goal with 4 seconds left on a 4 min powerplay to send this one to overtime.

Goaltending has been strong for both teams in this series and all 3 games have been decided in either the last 3 minutes of regulation or OT. Exciting hockey to watch.

Pens lead the series 2-1 with game 4 Monday night in San Jose. It would be very nice to get a Pittsburgh win to have a chance to win it in game 5 back in the 'Burgh.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Sharks 1 F

Pens score a 1st period goal on a quick rebound wrister from Cole. They add a second goal on the powerplay from Malkin. Malkin's line delivers 2 goals tonight.

Pens stop the Shark attack with their 3rd goal from Hagelin with 2 minutes left to seal the win.

"HE BEAT HIM LIKE A RENTED MULE!!!"

Game 5 back in the 'Burgh and a chance for the Pittsburgh fans to enjoy something since haven't had since the Pirates 1960 World Series win over the Yankees, a championship victory won in the 'Burgh.

Pens need to continue to keep the Sharks power play off the ice and use their speed to create scoring chances.

Game 5 in the 'Burgh Thursday night for the Cup. It's going to be a madhouse in the Consol Energy Center.

"GET IN THE FAST LANE GRANDMA, THE BINGO GAME IS READY TO ROLL!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

R.I.P Mr. Hockey

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Pens. Looking good so far

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

d-5 wrote:R.I.P Mr. Hockey
Yes sir, R.I.P. Mr Hockey. 88 years young for #9.

You are the gold standard in the world of hockey.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Sharks 1 F

"LORD STANLEY, LORD STANLEY, BRING ME SOME BRANDY!!!"

Pens win the Stanley Cup 4-2 over the Sharks. It was a great series to watch even for the causal hockey fan.I thought it would go 7 games.

After losing game 5 in Pittsburgh, the Pens bounce back in San Jose to lift the Cup and go 7-1 in the playoffs in games after a loss.

A tip of the cap to the Sharks and especially to their goalie Martin Jones who stole game 5 in Pittsburgh with his outstanding goaltending and who nearly single handedly won the Cup for San Jose. He only has 2 years of experience but played like a veteran.

Also, a big tip of the cap to Pens goalie Matt Murray who started the season in the minors, came on in relief when starting goalie Feury went down with a concussion on March 31 and had a regular season record of just 9-2-1 when the playoffs started AND turned 22 years old during the final series. He too, also played like a seasoned veteran.

Pittsburgh started the season very uneven and changed coaches in mid-December. Christmas Day they were in 12th place in the Eastern Conference and by Memorial Day they were in the Stanley Cup Final and June 12th, they are Stanley Cup champions.

A lot of factors went into this turnaround but this team finally gelled as a team and did not depend on Crosby or Malkin to carry the load.

A big celebration is planned in the 'Burgh later this week and deservedly so.

The Cup will enjoy a summer full of travels in one of the great traditions of the players getting a day to take the Cup wherever they want.

"CALL ARNOLD SLICK FROM TURTLE CREEK AND LETS GO HUNT MOOSE ON A HARLEY!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I don't know why, but I just got a taste for some brandy and Lord Stanley brought me some.So I hopped in the cordoba and headed down to the river to party all summer! I have NEVER been more proud of a team than I was last night.This by far was the sweetest of the four Stanley Cups.I cant put into words how happy I am right now.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Black Panther wrote:I don't know why, but I just got a taste for some brandy and Lord Stanley brought me some.So I hopped in the cordoba and headed down to the river to party all summer! I have NEVER been more proud of a team than I was last night.This by far was the sweetest of the four Stanley Cups.I cant put into words how happy I am right now.
I agree. I think Crosby is VERY satisfied at how management put this team together and how this season turned out. I know that I am. What a great job from Mario on down the line. Wow.

Bookgert
Waterboy

NHL 15 16

Post by Bookgert »

Im still here. I saw the Wild game last night and I thought they played well except for being terrible in the shootout.

Im not getting NHL Center Ice this year but will watch as many games as I can, since Ive given up on football entirely and hockey is all I have until baseball comes back.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: NHL 15 16

Post by Black Panther »

Bookgert wrote:Im still here. I saw the Wild game last night and I thought they played well except for being terrible in the shootout.

Im not getting NHL Center Ice this year but will watch as many games as I can, since Ive given up on football entirely and hockey is all I have until baseball comes back.
:?: :?

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland

Return to “Pro Sports”