Richard Sherman Should be suspended games

farmer
SEOP

Richard Sherman Should be suspended games

Post by farmer »

The way Sherman jumped off sides on a field goal. Clear path to the kicker and the whistle blows. He goes after the knee of the kicker. My opinion a clear cheap shot by a player who runs his mouth about everything. He needs suspended 4 games just like what Burfect got.
Then the refs say it was a 5 yard running into the kicker instead of 15 for roughing. Then screwed the Bills out of 3 points because the called delay of game but the ref did not move from over the ball until the play clock was at 5 seconds. The kicker then missed it.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Richard Sherman Should be suspended games

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I didn't actually see the play, so I have no idea what happened.

But, in reference to the ref staying over the ball until there is 5 seconds left on the play clock, that is a problem that has been seen all the time this year both in the NFL and college. They have to give the defense a chance to substitute after the offense does. So, like I said, I didn't see it, but that wasn't just a play to screw over the Bills, it's just been an ongoing problem throughout the year for almost every team.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

After the penalty on Sherman the trainer came out to check the kicker. So he had to go out for 1 play. Since it was not 4th down the Bills spiked the ball with their FG team on the field. With 1 second left The Bills kicker came back on the field. With the ref standing over the ball until 5 seconds to go. No reason to be over the ball so long

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

farmer wrote:The way Sherman jumped off sides on a field goal. Clear path to the kicker and the whistle blows. He goes after the knee of the kicker. My opinion a clear cheap shot by a player who runs his mouth about everything. He needs suspended 4 games just like what Burfect got.
Then the refs say it was a 5 yard running into the kicker instead of 15 for roughing. Then screwed the Bills out of 3 points because the called delay of game but the ref did not move from over the ball until the play clock was at 5 seconds. The kicker then missed it.
Agree
he was off side and was one of the easiest to call????
Hit on the kicker was plain to see?????

Need to take some money out of the refs on that no call

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I can tell you watching Sherman's reaction n shrug after he did it. I think he meant to do that very same thing regardless of the outcome. he looked pleased and care free about it. and I agree about the 5 games.i did not see it live , but I've seen several replays.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

noreply66 wrote:
farmer wrote:The way Sherman jumped off sides on a field goal. Clear path to the kicker and the whistle blows. He goes after the knee of the kicker. My opinion a clear cheap shot by a player who runs his mouth about everything. He needs suspended 4 games just like what Burfect got.
Agree
he was off side and was one of the easiest to call????
Hit on the kicker was plain to see?????

Need to take some money out of the refs on that no call
If they took money out of refs' checks for each missed call, there probably wouldn't be an NFL to play. Refereeing, even at the professional level (NFL), is a part-time gig. These guys are only human.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Saw another play of what happened and it show the ball being hit first then he hit the kicker which isn't a foul. It looks like it came down to just a off side.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

It was a foul because of the big jump offsides put him to the kicker so fast. Didn't matter if he got the ball or not. The angle he took was not to block the kick. As YTB mentioned the look on Sherman's face told it all. I heard different former players say it was not dirty play but none of them was a kicker and many do not consider a kicker a player anyway. But the wife of Dan Carpenter the kicker sure made her opinion known. And shown a pic of the tool used on the farm.
Kaela Carpenter, the wife of Bills kicker Dan Carpenter, criticized Seahawks corner Richard Sherman for his dirty hit on her husband during Monday night’s game by suggesting he be castrated.
In a tweet on Tuesday, Carpenter wrote “I know what we do on the farm when a male can't control his own rage,” with the hashtags “#LuckyImNotThere” and “ActLikeAnAnimalGetTreatedLike1.”

If Carpenter would have been a QB and that exact play would have happened Sherman would probably been thrown out of the game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree farmer, well said.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It is clear he never attempted to block the ball. He went straight to the kickers knees. He was way offside which shows he meant to go early and go to the knees - INTENT! His smugness afterwards shows his contempt.
SHOULD BE SUSPENDED FOR A LONG LONG TIME. THERE IS NOP PLACE IN THE NFL FOR THAT CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Return to “Pro Sports”