WWE in negotiations to purchase TNA Wrestling

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

WWE in negotiations to purchase TNA Wrestling

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Rumors have been flying all over the Internet the past few days that WWE is interested in purchasing TNA Wrestling, which is for sale. None of the other bidders have the purchasing power of Vince McMahon, so it's his for the taking if he wants it. Speculation is this will be similar to the purchase of WCW: the TNA video library is the greatest asset and WWE could add its footage to the WWE Network. Also, new DVDs can be sold that can better tell the full biography of several current WWE stars that could incorporate their entire careers. WWE is also interested in signing select TNA talents to contracts. While a few might land on Raw or Smackdoen immediately, most will go to NXT as WWE is trying to grow the NXT brand.

That is an overview of what the rumors are online. TNA is in fact for sale and has run out of money.

PTrojan59
S

Re: WWE in negotiations to purchase TNA Wrestling

Post by PTrojan59 »

Some good wrestlers on TNA that WWE could use, but most of the guys would just go to NXT

Who Dey!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

What's being reported now is that WWE only wanted the tape library for WWE Network. Supposedly, WWE will purchase the entire tape library of TNA and have exclusive rights to the TNA name. Billy Corgan will purchase the company itself and rebrand it into a new wrestling organization, thus taking over the current TNA contracts to have wrestlers for the new promotion.

TNA has already produces TV shows taking it into the end of October. It might stick around until the end of this year, depending on the conditions of the sale. I think WWE will own the entire tape library up until the last episode is taped calling the company TNA.

WWE will now have an additional 14+ years of video footage for the WWE Network.

I'm sure that whenever the day comes that the new promotion goes under, WWE will acquire that video footage as well.

I haven't watched TNA in years - I don't get POP TV or Destination Discovery before that. Most of the non-WWE big names I remember from TNA are now in WWE. I read up on TNA online. I know they have some former WWE guys that WWE wasted like Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Gail Kim on the women's side.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I would like to see this. Cause some of them tna ppv's like lockdown and destination x was awesome

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Well this is turning into a big mess because TNA is in such a big mess. Apparently, TNA has massive debts that are much higher than most assumed. Billy Corrigan had a huge falling out with Dixie Carter and sued TNA.

If TNA files for bankruptcy, WWE could swoop in and buy everything at a discount and simply pay more than Corrigan is able to pay. I'm not sure if WWE wants everything or just the tape library at this point. TNA is not worth the amount of debts/liabilities that the company would come with unless it files for bankruptcy. At least that appears to be the consensus from what I'm reading online.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Tna ain't worth nothing anymore watching in your house 96 good friends better enemies as i type this lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “Pro Sports”