David Blatt fired!

cbolt
SEOP

David Blatt fired!

Post by cbolt »

I know there is not many NBA fans on here ,but this is pretty big news coming in the middle of the season for a team with expectations of championship or bust.Kinda of suprises me and kinda doesn't.I thought he was real close to getting canned last year before they made that big run starting in January.That embarrassment against the Warriors on national tv was probably the nail in the coffin,but they have rebounded nicely since that so timing is what surprises me the most.Might be the first coach ever to be fired while his team was leading their conference.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: David Blatt fired!

Post by noreply66 »

Who will take over?????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Tyronn Lue.He is a player favorite esp. with James,but supposedly James didn't demand a change.Sometimes change isn't always better. so we will see.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

They are supposedly about to offer Lue a 3 year contract as well. Before he even coaches a game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow talk about counting your chickens before they are hatched! I know he was their HC in waiting,but this has major potential to blow up in their face since he has no HC experience and James wasn't even consulted before the move,also rumors they want to get rid of Love and Mozgov which would probably nail the coffin for their championship hopes. :(

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I heard maybe Mozgov. But, no way they get rid of Love, just not a possibility I don't think. Lue is Lebron's guy so it's being reported.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote:Wow talk about counting your chickens before they are hatched! I know he was their HC in waiting,but this has major potential to blow up in their face since he has no HC experience and James wasn't even consulted before the move,also rumors they want to get rid of Love and Mozgov which would probably nail the coffin for their championship hopes. :(
Love needs to play better defense

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He also needs to shoot better from three point range.His shooting has been atrocious since joining the Cavs.I think he needs to start creating more offense down low that is where he has been most effective.He is most valuable on the boards and he can pass pretty good.Defense never has been his forte.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Another embarrassing loss on national tv! 35-94 FG, 9-22 FT.Don't think I ever remember a professional team shooting that bad from the line

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Love was great when he was the only option to chuck it up and watch the rest of the team play D.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

They already had another HC. His name is Lebron. That's the reason this team will not win a championship. It's like Kobe running the Lakers. Enjoy Cavs fans!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I like Lue a lot, but Blatt getting fired mid season was a head scratcher to me. Now Lue is going to coach the East in the all star game. Lol

Who Dey!

Return to “Pro Sports”