STEELERS@BENGALS PLAYOFFS RD 1==YOUR THOUGHTS.

EPN
Freshman Team

Re: STEELERS@BENGALS PLAYOFFS RD 1==YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by EPN »

Chieftain2009,
I completely disagree , the one thing they r trying to eliminate in the nfl is head to head contact , the only play of the day that had head to head contact is the shazier play and it was not penalized... No way burfict , had 5 steps on that play , go watch nfl network , Deion sanders and ladanian Tomlinson debated this play for a while , sanders basically says what I have said ... If burfict made the shazier play , I guarantee u it would have penalized and burfict is prolly tossed from the game .
I am a bengals fan , and I have been the first one to jump on them for being thugs , but honestly in this case I don't think they are wrong.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Black panther ,
I agree , fans should never throw things on the field , but I was there in 2006 , and there were thousands of steeler fans at that game , when Palmer went down with that knee injury , I would swear every steeler fan there that day was clapping and cheering because Palmer got hurt , like I said no place in the game for fans to throw things at players for any reason , but there are classless steeler fans as well not just Bengal fans , and roethlisberger running off the field after the game , was tipping his hat , and raising his hands , laughing at bengals fans , he was kind of asking for it .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Anybody DEFENDING those Bungle players and totally classless fans is beyond me. I don't have a dog in the fight as I am a Browns fan and could care less who won it last night.
Could Shazier have been flagged for a personal foul? YES
What about the hit on Ben that injured him? The "hit" was legit but he continued through and drove him into the ground. It was questionable and I'm okay with the NO CALL. Bengal fans were however totally classless in cheering the injury and it came back to bite them.
The Bengals had this game won with just over a minute to go. Take a knee three times causing the Steelers to use all their Timeouts and kick a FG to go up 4 - THAT WAS THE BROWNS WAY OF LOSING.
The hit by #55 (I won't use the name of this thug) was worthy of an immediate ejection, fine, suspension. He hit a totally defenseless receiver in the head when he had 3-5 steps to avoid it. NO WAY TO JUSTIFY IT OR EXPLAIN IT AWAY! Don't embarrass yourselves trying. At this point it's still not a chip shot FG for the Steelers. Bengal coaches saw what was going on during the minutes afterwards and did nothing to gather their players together. The camera showed Bengal players acting nuts and then #24 (wont use this thugs name either) hit/shove a coach. You can justify this and explain it away as the Steelers coach not being allowed on the field, provoking the "physical" confrontation all you want. You can't be that freaking STUPID as to hit/shove a coach with referees standing right there - an IDIOT! 15 more yards and a chip shot FG fir the win.
The Browns always figure out how to lose but they and their fans don't act like that.
The NFL has lost control and has become a league of thugs. The reason I lost all respect for the NBA.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

EPN wrote:Black panther ,
I agree , fans should never throw things on the field , but I was there in 2006 , and there were thousands of steeler fans at that game , when Palmer went down with that knee injury , I would swear every steeler fan there that day was clapping and cheering because Palmer got hurt , like I said no place in the game for fans to throw things at players for any reason , but there are classless steeler fans as well not just Bengal fans , and roethlisberger running off the field after the game , was tipping his hat , and raising his hands , laughing at bengals fans , he was kind of asking for it .
Hey S,
Didn't know I had another Browns fan on here. I said it right after the game- kneel three times and take away their timeouts and you win. None of the last drive stuff happens that way. That's on the HC. Lewis is a good guy and a good coach but maybe it's time for him to move on.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Sorry. Replied to wrong post. But you know what I mean smurray

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

smurray wrote:Anybody DEFENDING those Bungle players and totally classless fans is beyond me. I don't have a dog in the fight as I am a Browns fan and could care less who won it last night.
Could Shazier have been flagged for a personal foul? YES
What about the hit on Ben that injured him? The "hit" was legit but he continued through and drove him into the ground. It was questionable and I'm okay with the NO CALL. Bengal fans were however totally classless in cheering the injury and it came back to bite them.
The Bengals had this game won with just over a minute to go. Take a knee three times causing the Steelers to use all their Timeouts and kick a FG to go up 4 - THAT WAS THE BROWNS WAY OF LOSING.
The hit by #55 (I won't use the name of this thug) was worthy of an immediate ejection, fine, suspension. He hit a totally defenseless receiver in the head when he had 3-5 steps to avoid it. NO WAY TO JUSTIFY IT OR EXPLAIN IT AWAY! Don't embarrass yourselves trying. At this point it's still not a chip shot FG for the Steelers. Bengal coaches saw what was going on during the minutes afterwards and did nothing to gather their players together. The camera showed Bengal players acting nuts and then #24 (wont use this thugs name either) hit/shove a coach. You can justify this and explain it away as the Steelers coach not being allowed on the field, provoking the "physical" confrontation all you want. You can't be that freaking STUPID as to hit/shove a coach with referees standing right there - an IDIOT! 15 more yards and a chip shot FG fir the win.
The Browns always figure out how to lose but they and their fans don't act like that.
The NFL has lost control and has become a league of thugs. The reason I lost all respect for the NBA.
smurray - Great post, I couldn't agree with you more. Couple of things to add. One - The Bengals knew when they pursued and signed these two clowns that they came with a ton of baggage. Now it is coming out from the Bengals players that they are blaming last night's meltdown on the Head Coach, as they are saying he allowed the defensive side of the team to act without discipline all season with basically full impunity. I guess we all saw that manifest itself last night in front of a national audience. Two - The two a**hats in question should be cut loose as soon as the Superbowl is over. We all probably saw Marvin Lewis's swan song last night. Time to take out the trash and get a Head Coach in there that will instill some discipline and create an atmosphere of professionalism and high expectations of his players. I am no Bengals fan, but this needs to happen.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Give me a break , I'm not sayin throwin things on the field wasn't wrong , but just a reminder that the person they were throwing things at DID RAPE A WOMAN, so it's not like he deserves a break, and don't forget about the Pittsburgh coach who grabbed the hair and then shoved a Bengal player on the sideline , and wasn't it coach tomlin who intentionally tripped Jacoby Jones from the Ravens a couple years back , don't forget those things , so don't act like Pittsburgh is some class act ...they r not
Have anyone of u ever been to Heinz field , or the mistake by the lake , I have and I don't plan to go back , if u wear another teams jersey , u r lucky to get out of there without getting into a fight , and it's not just football , it's baseball as well , I will never go back to Pittsburgh or Cleveland to watch baseball or football. So don't act like it's only cincy fans that r classless , and yes I agree Cincy has its share of classless fans as well. it's every team and every stadium . There r idiots everywhere.
And yes I will defend burfict on that hit , I honestly don't think it was an illegal hit , if brown catches that ball he takes it to the house ,then burfict looks bad for not tackling him , he did not have 3-5 steps to pull up , please , have u even watched it , slow it down , and he hit him with his shoulder , brown ducked and so did burfict, I'm not sure what a defender is supposed to do there .
And the jones play , yes he is a thug, but Joey porter is as well , and it's a terrible call that porter didn't get flagged for just being on the field , let alone taunting and getting into it with bengals players , porter should have been flagged and it should have been off setting penalties.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I could really care less about the NFL anymore. It's been that way for 3 or 4 years.
I blame the NFL and the officials in this one, they are so inconsistent on these calls it's rediculous. In the the first half they flagged the Bengals on a play that was noway as bad as the play on Bernard. The receiver caught the ball took two steps and got hit.
I seen earlier where Porter is going to be fined for being on the field, if he's getting fined why didn't he get flagged.
I seen awhile back where receivers would tell dbs they would pay the fines as long as the dbs didn't hit them low. Didn't want to risk a knee injury.
As for Boomer Esiason and the rest of those guys, they are job scared afraid of the NFL. It's pretty sad what the NFL has become. It's all about money and their image.
Look at the way the thug from OSU acted after the hit he put on Bernard, looked like to me he was waving bye to him as he left the field.
These players make alot of money but it's nothing to what the owners and the NFL makes off the fans. It's rediculous.

I

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Seriously, like Pittsburgh and their mouth breathing fans are the epicenter of class. Totally disgusted by that debacle last night. Darwin Awards for everyone involved. Both teams and the league.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

EPN wrote:Give me a break , I'm not sayin throwin things on the field wasn't wrong , but just a reminder that the person they were throwing things at DID RAPE A WOMAN, so it's not like he deserves a break, and don't forget about the Pittsburgh coach who grabbed the hair and then shoved a Bengal player on the sideline , and wasn't it coach tomlin who intentionally tripped Jacoby Jones from the Ravens a couple years back , don't forget those things , so don't act like Pittsburgh is some class act ...they r not
Have anyone of u ever been to Heinz field , or the mistake by the lake , I have and I don't plan to go back , if u wear another teams jersey , u r lucky to get out of there without getting into a fight , and it's not just football , it's baseball as well , I will never go back to Pittsburgh or Cleveland to watch baseball or football. So don't act like it's only cincy fans that r classless , and yes I agree Cincy has its share of classless fans as well. it's every team and every stadium . There r idiots everywhere.
And yes I will defend burfict on that hit , I honestly don't think it was an illegal hit , if brown catches that ball he takes it to the house ,then burfict looks bad for not tackling him , he did not have 3-5 steps to pull up , please , have u even watched it , slow it down , and he hit him with his shoulder , brown ducked and so did burfict, I'm not sure what a defender is supposed to do there .
And the jones play , yes he is a thug, but Joey porter is as well , and it's a terrible call that porter didn't get flagged for just being on the field , let alone taunting and getting into it with bengals players , porter should have been flagged and it should have been off setting penalties.
Bengals fan, I'm assuming, real class haha. Bringing up things that have nothing to do with football. You know this "rape" was never convicted, the girl came out and said she lied because she basically wanted money. How do you know intentionally that coach Tomlin tripped that guy a couple years ago? The only one who actually knows is him, so don't go around throwing out accusations. You will defend Burfict? Typical Bengals fan. If you watch it, which I did probably fifty times, he had time. If he wouldn't have bent over it wouldn't have been a hit to the head, he was still a defenseless player, that is in the rules. Just because someone debated it on TV, doesn't mean you should believe everything you see, look it up in the rules.

But, I do agree with you on one point, the Shazier hit should have been a penalty, I will admit to that. But don't be mad saying the Bengals didn't lose. They gave the game away.

And don't forget, the fans were throwing things on Big Ben when he was on a cart leaving the field, there is no place in the game for that. Cheering and actually acting on it are two different things. I don't think anyone should cheer an injury, regardless of what team it is, but the Bengals fans actually acted upon that.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

And to think if the Bengal rb doesn't fumble the ball none of that late game stuff ever happens...So in the end, a Bengal mistake cost them this game,not a call that a ref did or did not make...

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Totally agree with that panther! Why he wasn't instructed to have two hands covering the ball when you know they are going to strip like crazy is beyond me. BTW no plans to ditch the marv,surprise surprise surprise :roll: and Jackson will probably be lucky if he gets a job after that play calling at the end. Marv got a lifetime job with the Bengals it looks like.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

cbolt wrote:Totally agree with that panther! Why he wasn't instructed to have two hands covering the ball when you know they are going to strip like crazy is beyond me. BTW no plans to ditch the marv,surprise surprise surprise :roll: and Jackson will probably be lucky if he gets a job after that play calling at the end. Marv got a lifetime job with the Bengals it looks like.
Lewis should have been fired years ago.The thing is, the Bengals are trying the Steelers model on longevity with their coaches.The Steelers have had three coaches in 46 years.The fruits of that are the six super bowls.Problem is, the bengals are just keeping a bad one for a long time with NO RESULTS...lol

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Heck panther he wanted to quit years ago and Brown talked him out of it. I bet Mikey's dad was rolling in his grave after that.I don't know if the old man liked to fire coaches or not, but his son sure don't.Also he did all he could to keep that malcontent Palmer on the team,Palmer pretty much had to tell him to f-off just to get out of there.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I feel (almost) sympathetic for the Bengals. Then I remember Sam Wyche. "You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!" There goes my empathy. BTW, married to a Bengals fan. She DRAGGED me to the last Bengals playoff victory. Sat through 40 degree rain and that darn Who Dey song for three hours. Low point of my life.........until my son became a Steelers fan. Just a glimpse into my own personal football h€ll!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Throwing things on the field. That was minor to the amount of objects in some games in the past. Fans were wet cold and late at night because it had to be on Prime time tv. 6 people were arrested and not all Bengal fans but alcohol was involved in all 6 arrests.
There were things on both sides that need to be addressed. The NFL is responsible just as both coaching staffs along with the players. The game should be remembered for the football plays not thugs on tv. These games are like in the not to far past the Steelers vs Ravens games. They need to cut out the cheap shots and running the mouths after plays. Flag and throw out anyone who wants to disrespect an official. Talk not throw a baby fit when a call doesn't go your way. Time for NFL to have mandatory anger management for players. The NFL likes to hype the games where teams do not like each other then complain when things happen like it did. One way to really get everyone's attention is to take away a home game the next year for teams that can not control their players.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

dazed&confused wrote:I feel (almost) sympathetic for the Bengals. Then I remember Sam Wyche. "You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!" There goes my empathy. BTW, married to a Bengals fan. She DRAGGED me to the last Bengals playoff victory. Sat through 40 degree rain and that darn Who Dey song for three hours. Low point of my life.........until my son became a Steelers fan. Just a glimpse into my own personal football h€ll!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

This somehow was over looked in all the other crap that went on.But why wasn't #55 from cinn.given a delay of game penalty or excessive celebration penalty after the interception? Seems like a no brainer to me. The refs are letting a lot of these games get out of control.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Pacman thinks Brown faked the injury,said he winked at him :lol: Nothing would surprise me now days

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Another side note here....The Bengals have not won a playoff game since Paul Brown died.

Return to “Pro Sports”