Time to Clean House for the Bengals

86grad
Riding the Bench

Time to Clean House for the Bengals

Post by 86grad »

I'm so sick of losing. I'm so sick of sound bites, "This is a playoff game", but yet play like a bunch of backyard unskilled thugs. It's time to hand out some pink slips, NOW, not at the end of the season, but RIGHT FREAKING NOW!

Bresnahan, you're a poor excuse for a defensive coach. Take a hike!

On second thought, ALL DEFENSIVE COACHES, take an early Christmas break and DON'T COME BACK!

Players, any player who is responsible for a bone head penalty creating new opportunites for the opposition, HAVE A SEAT! What the heck, sit out next week too.

Special teams coaches (Darrin Simmons). Guess what? Your not so special and neither are your "special teams". I hear the ice fishing is good in Alaska about right now, HIT THE DOOR!

Marvin, I'm sick of making excuses for you. You ran such a good race at first. You came into the Queen City and breathed life into a corpse of a football team, but all of a sudden you have become the stinking poster child for "Loosers Anonymous". What the heck happened? We fans don't see fire in your belly and a firm hand when dealing with immature punks. YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK! Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...

Chad, if I were your coach, and you score TD and grab a TV camera and pretend to be camera man, your butt would have been sitting. As a matter of fact, I would have doubled the camera man's salary to keep the camera on you for a solid five minutes as you sit on the bench and pout. Stupid stunts like that created a short field for the Titans last week and translated into a FG. Instead of us having a seven point swing, it ended up being a four point swing. I don't care if we won the game by more than three TD's. If you want to draw undue attention to yourself, jump off a bridge in the nude. You're sure to get some funny looks then.

I'm sorry guys for ranting, but this is the very reason why the Bengal fan base has declined over the past fifteen years. I spoke with a Steeler fan a couple of weeks ago who said, "I used to be a Bengals fan, but I couldn't handle the losing anymore." Call him a fair weather fan if you want, but it gets stinking old.

No, I'm not going off the deep end, and I'm not ever going to join the dark side, but I feel like the proverbial horse with a broken leg, "Please, somebody put me out of my misery"!
Last edited by 86grad on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

man i agree with all except the lewis and johnson part

lewis is a good coach coaching a bunch of wanna be losers

chad johnson brings the only fun to the team they need that maybe not penaltys but the excitment also im really starting to think the defence aint the whole problem WTF happend to the offence tonight the defence had to late turnovers that went for nothing yes we have 1 of the best qb and 3 darn good receivers and a good backfield so whats up maybe if they do keep sucking they should take JONG LONG but witht that i still believe we need defence SO for the love of god lewis coming the draft TAKE 7 DEFENCE PLAYERS not dorsey he is having alot of probs and if he cant shack it that will screw us. but take laurainitis if he comes out OR another bigitme saftey . something has to be done.....

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

A word of advice. Take one very,very long breath, before you read wellstonrocket's post. ;-)

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Lewis needs to go. He brought them back up, but he cant get them over the hump. The defense needs to learn how to tackle. When your offense sits for 5 minutes at a time as your defense gets slashed open you cant get into any rythym as an offense.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

NOTHING short of a total firing of the staff will satisfy me, and YES CHAD needs to go. He and Palmer don't mix. Or trade Palmer ??? I think not. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

As soon as the game was just about over with last night I went to all of my fellow Bengal's fans and told them that I felt that the Bengals shouldn't allow Carson, Chad, Rudi, or T.J. play another offensive snap for the rest of the year! Why not? You play them for nothing except a worse draft pick if you happen to win a game or two down the stretch and if we win out we still won't make the playoffs so why not keep them out of harm's way and make sure everyone will be completely healthy at the start of next season and maybe Rudi will get out of his funk or if not then we need to play him down the stretch of the year and maybe he will produce some better numbers just so he would be more valuable for us to be able to trade him at the end of the season if he doesn't look to change the way he is running right now!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Rudy is terrible---the moment the ink dryed on the big contract he stoped preforming. He never has any speed, not a premier back IMO. Chad and Carson just don't mix, they have each tolerated each other but it's just not a big enough locker room for each of them to be theirself. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

if the bengals were to trade say Chad or Johnson

well the team would be probally become awful they are at Bad now

Ocho Cinco makes the plays he needs to make but if he was put on the trading market they would have some GOOD offers from teams like Miami San Diego Denver San Fran and any teams that are still looking for that IMPACT reciver

and god forbid that NEw england offers

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

Ah, I love it when the Bengals suck.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Geesh you guys have got to stand by your team win or lose. You can't just be all for them when they are winning. You have to remain faithful through the loses. Look at the Browns fans or Clowns fans as many Bengal fans call us. We have had several bad years but their fans stand by them. Sure we get upset but it will get better sooner or later.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I think the Bengals will be fine. ;-)

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Rhiannon wrote:Geesh you guys have got to stand by your team win or lose. You can't just be all for them when they are winning. You have to remain faithful through the loses. Look at the Browns fans or Clowns fans as many Bengal fans call us. We have had several bad years but their fans stand by them. Sure we get upset but it will get better sooner or later.

I'm 28 Rhiannon......that's 28 years of this crap....and TRUST ME.....I aint going NOWHERE!!

For those saying this is getting old......YES, the losing and the bickering, and the "were almost there', crap is getting old.....but you have to stay with them guys!! I have NEVER EVER jumped ship, and I NEVER EVER will!

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:Geesh you guys have got to stand by your team win or lose. You can't just be all for them when they are winning. You have to remain faithful through the loses. Look at the Browns fans or Clowns fans as many Bengal fans call us. We have had several bad years but their fans stand by them. Sure we get upset but it will get better sooner or later.

I'm 28 Rhiannon......that's 28 years of this crap....and TRUST ME.....I aint going NOWHERE!!

For those saying this is getting old......YES, the losing and the bickering, and the "were almost there', crap is getting old.....but you have to stay with them guys!! I have NEVER EVER jumped ship, and I NEVER EVER will!

Good for you RVRaiderFan. That is how it should be. I am a 40 year old Browns fan and believe me it has been hard but I know one day we will have our championship. Keep the faith.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

RVRaiderFan wrote:

Well im 50 . and i have seen alot of good and bad . you missed some great times . THEY WILL BE BACK . hang in there buddy

86grad
Riding the Bench

Post by 86grad »

No one is talking about jumping ship, but I am talking about "Rocking The Boat"! The myriad of ways this team seems to lose and be loosers is astounding.

I know that the Bengals have been plagued by injuries most of the season, but in that game against the Steelers on SNF was pathetic, and many of their starters were back.

I just can't figure that coaching staff out to save my life. They set a positive pace by running the ball, then all of sudden Carson felt like he had to throw BB's on third and short on several occasions. WHY??? I just don't get it. The ball was slick, hands of the receivers were slick, and the hand of the QB was slick. You're having success running the ball, and you throw it? And not very well might I add, only 17 for 44.

It's easy for a non Bengals fan to say, "Hang in there, better days are sure to come". The encouragement is appreciated, but have you been watching this team week in and week out? Year in and year out? Have you actually witnessed the demise of this team on and off the field in the past two years? What am I saying, I mean two decades. It's like watching a bad soap opera over and over again. It never ends becuase they invent new ways to lose on a continual basis.

Okay, that's it, I'm done fuming. Time to move on. Thank the good Lord for the Buckeyes, that helps take some of the sting out just a tad.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

86grad wrote:No one is talking about jumping ship, but I am talking about "Rocking The Boat"! The myriad of ways this team seems to lose and be loosers is astounding.

I know that the Bengals have been plagued by injuries most of the season, but in that game against the Steelers on SNF was pathetic, and many of their starters were back.

I just can't figure that coaching staff out to save my life. They set a positive pace by running the ball, then all of sudden Carson felt like he had to throw BB's on third and short on several occasions. WHY??? I just don't get it. The ball was slick, hands of the receivers were slick, and the hand of the QB was slick. You're having success running the ball, and you throw it? And not very well might I add, only 17 for 44.

changes need to be made. just dont know where to start. BUT i dont think they will not let it drag on like in the past . like sticking 4 or 5 years with a bad coach or qb . I do think its time to get some new asst coaches. I would give marv 1 more year, than hire mike ditka if things dont work out.

It's easy for a non Bengals fan to say, "Hang in there, better days are sure to come". The encouragement is appreciated, but have you been watching this team week in and week out? Year in and year out? Have you actually witnessed the demise of this team on and off the field in the past two years? What am I saying, I mean two decades. It's like watching a bad soap opera over and over again. It never ends becuase they invent new ways to lose on a continual basis.

Okay, that's it, I'm done fuming. Time to move on. Thank the good Lord for the Buckeyes, that helps take some of the sting out just a tad.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

my post didnt show . it was good too.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

A friend of mines brother is a doctor for the bengals. changes will happen. no more going 5 or 6 years with a bad qb or coach. changes will happen , but will they be good ones . i dont know. did i mention i have a picture of me in the locker room with the 88 bengal super bowl team . that keeps me going. i have a nfl football signed by boomer , bernie, ozzie. been offerd 500 for it and still wont sale it. THINGS WILL GET BETTER.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

On a good note , I always blame the bengals def. but in the last 4 games the have held there own. last 4 games have only gave up an average of 277 yards . best in 6 years . off is the one that has had problems . Plus turman will be back next year and pollack is thinking of coming back now.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

86grad wrote:No one is talking about jumping ship.

If I was a Bengal fan, I wouldn't jump off the boat. I would jump off the bridge. :lol: :lol: ;-)

Return to “Pro Sports”