BROWNS vs RAMS SNF

countywide35
SEOP

BROWNS vs RAMS SNF

Post by countywide35 »

another primetime game...…..big task ahead of the Brownies......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: BROWNS vs RAMS SNF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dang, that's a tall drink of water right there. but kudos to the browns for the prime time games. but mostly based on pre-season hype. time to knock a few big boys over. my bengals I don't know what to think of them. they could have won the seattle game except for a missed field goal. and got runned over by a locomotive at the hands of my least favorite team the 49ers. so who knows what to expect sunday. at least it's gonna be on tv here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 am dang, that's a tall drink of water right there. but kudos to the browns for the prime time games. but mostly based on pre-season hype. time to knock a few big boys over. my bengals I don't know what to think of them. they could have won the seattle game except for a missed field goal. and got runned over by a locomotive at the hands of my least favorite team the 49ers. so who knows what to expect sunday. at least it's gonna be on tv here.

was you talking about the bengals or the brownies Bait :roll:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 am dang, that's a tall drink of water right there. but kudos to the browns for the prime time games. but mostly based on pre-season hype. time to knock a few big boys over. my bengals I don't know what to think of them. they could have won the seattle game except for a missed field goal. and got runned over by a locomotive at the hands of my least favorite team the 49ers. so who knows what to expect sunday. at least it's gonna be on tv here.

things just don't seem right since marvin lewis left...…..I know how much you supported him bait and you saying that was a mistake by the bengals organization getting rid of him I am starting to believe you and your way of thinking.....the brownies do have a big task ahead of them...todd gurley no joke....but like to think our nick chubb isn't there

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

find out if the browns are any good

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am

things just don't seem right since marvin lewis left...…..I know how much you supported him bait and you saying that was a mistake by the bengals organization getting rid of him I am starting to believe you and your way of thinking.....the brownies do have a big task ahead of them...todd gurley no joke....but like to think our nick chubb isn't there
yer slap out your mind county. I never said anything like that. I wanted him gone 8 years ago.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was thinking that too bait how you wanted him gone. We talked about it years ago how Marv wanted to leave and Mikey talked him out of it. Seems like you thought he would be good in the front office. Anyway this game will tell how much the Brownies have improved from last year. They got the win they needed Monday night but that Tennessee debacle is stuck in my mind for some reason.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns have some injuries now. They are going to need to run the ball as they try to contain Donald as best they can. They need to try to control the time of possession to give their defense a break. The Rams are playing tough maybe it is time for a little let down. Browns need to limit the turnovers while forcing some on the Rams. Can't keep making Stupid penalties. Will see if the coaches can make adjustments as it is MNF.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If the Browns had an offense they’d be 2 or 3 scores ahead in the 4th.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

A lot of separate things are happening at once to the Browns. We imported a lot of pieces that still are not playing team ball yet. Odell is the shiny object that the Browns didn't need yet. They dealt away a solid OG. That line had chemistry last year. The whole was greater than the sum of it's parts. Freddie was calling plays fast and loose and Baker was dealing like he had nothing to lose. Now the pressure is on. The offense has no identity. Like quarterbacks, when you have two offensive coordinators , you have none. Is this a Todd Monken offense or a Freddie Kitchen offense? The defense actually isn't bad but it can't score TDs. Baker looks better when he is in up tempo and creating quick results. When he drops back (too often) for the home run, he ends up being sacked or running for his life. It's just really hard to watch this offense now. The last eight games last year were fun. Freddie needs to get back to that. Odell will have to live with it.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Oh, and for what it's worth, special teams are not a problem this year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:45 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am

yer slap out your mind county. I never said anything like that. I wanted him gone 8 years ago.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:16 am Oh, and for what it's worth, special teams are not a problem this year.

we did better...at least we are in the game to win against teams like that now...…last play type deal...…I felt we let some missed opportunities go which is a for sure sign of a team still trying to gel and become that team on the next level.....our line play could drastically improve for sure....not sure how long Mayfield will last in the NFL getting slammed around all the time...….without the mules upfront well you know what happens.....im glad to finally have a game back on 1:00 schedule...…last two games made me awfully tired for work the next day :D

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:14 am A lot of separate things are happening at once to the Browns. We imported a lot of pieces that still are not playing team ball yet. Odell is the shiny object that the Browns didn't need yet. They dealt away a solid OG. That line had chemistry last year. The whole was greater than the sum of it's parts. Freddie was calling plays fast and loose and Baker was dealing like he had nothing to lose. Now the pressure is on. The offense has no identity. Like quarterbacks, when you have two offensive coordinators , you have none. Is this a Todd Monken offense or a Freddie Kitchen offense? The defense actually isn't bad but it can't score TDs. Baker looks better when he is in up tempo and creating quick results. When he drops back (too often) for the home run, he ends up being sacked or running for his life. It's just really hard to watch this offense now. The last eight games last year were fun. Freddie needs to get back to that. Odell will have to live with it.
well said

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The offensive play calling whoever is calling and game planning needs to change. Kitchens is showing not being a head coach before.

To many times during the game Baker is moving players to the right position. Whatever is the cause of that needs cleaned up or simplify the calls. Seems like all the weapons trying to go for the TD on to many plays. Without setting up that play first. Need to help out the offensive line.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I just wonder what this team would look like now if we kept Freddie as OC and assistant HC and hired Arians as HC? Freddie could do.his thing with the understanding he could become HC in a few years.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

With all the defensive secondary out, the defense played pretty well. The offense just is flat out struggling right now. Mayfield doesn't look comfortable at all. He seems confused on where to throw the ball. Botonio just got destroyed last night as did most the line as a whole with pressure on Mayfield most he game. Then the few times he did get time he didn't know where to throw it. Was the Rams secondary that good? The Rams are tough as nails on defense but problem is Browns offense have struggled every game so far. Will they ever wake up in time? How about the 4th and 9 call with 7 minutes left ? Too far to go for it to begin with imo. Then they call a running play right up the middle with 9 yards to go! What in sam hill tarnation was that?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

As mentioned last night that Laundry and Beckham freelance a lot at the end of their routes. As well as players need Mayfield to line them up correctly before the play. Maybe they are not running the routes right?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm With all the defensive secondary out, the defense played pretty well. The offense just is flat out struggling right now. Mayfield doesn't look comfortable at all. He seems confused on where to throw the ball. Botonio just got destroyed last night as did most the line as a whole with pressure on Mayfield most he game. Then the few times he did get time he didn't know where to throw it. Was the Rams secondary that good? The Rams are tough as nails on defense but problem is Browns offense have struggled every game so far. Will they ever wake up in time? How about the 4th and 9 call with 7 minutes left ? Too far to go for it to begin with imo. Then they call a running play right up the middle with 9 yards to go! What in sam hill tarnation was that?
Agree about the play calling. If they would have been mayby in 4-down territory, then I mayby could see the call. I know the Rams are a very good football team, but that is the worst offensive line blocking that I've seen in a long time. The pocket was collapsing around him all night long. He had balls tipped or batted down a lot of times. I think the Browns are improved, but there record may not indicate that.

Return to “Pro Sports”