Vinton County 2024

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Re: Vinton County 2024

Post by The County Resident »

Congratulations, Coach Carper. I appreciate everything you have done for this program and for my son. It’s fun to see the love of football come back to VC like it was in the 90s.

As for the HC opening, I see the names listed above, but there’s one clear cut choice: Coach Marcus Games. He earned his chance to be the HC years ago. He’s put more time and effort into the county than most life long residents have. Between his business career and coaching career, he’s helped countless lives for the better. He genuinely cares for the county, the community and the kids. Hopefully he applies.

If Coach Games doesn’t apply, I would love to see Jason Snider come back and coach. I just don’t think that’s a realistic possibility for awhile. Maybe when he officially retires from his business career. He’s had a very successful life and I don’t see him stepping down from that just to coach.

I don’t personally know him, but my son loved playing for him this season. Coach Greg Phillips would be another interesting name to see apply.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Interested to see who will fill this role. Coach Carper did an outstanding job in his 3 years at VC, sure it may have been good timing but he still had to lead them in the way that he did.

In my opinion, it’s a better job now than it was 3 years ago, which is what you want to have from a coach.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Lets hire someone within the program-- these non-county guys just are not working out. They wont stay --even if they married and live in VC. Driving to Zanesville everyday--cant work with a family and all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek:

DWall216
Waterboy

Post by DWall216 »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:52 am Lets hire someone within the program-- these non-county guys just are not working out. They wont stay --even if they married and live in VC. Driving to Zanesville everyday--cant work with a family and all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek:
Dumbest statement I have heard in this thread. That last non county guy pulled your program out of the dirt. Who cares if they only stay a couple years, if your program is winning. They teaching your kids how to put in the work to achieve goals and that only helps them in future life.
Keep hire your locals that keep bouncing from all the schools around you and watch the program take a down turn again.
Maybe if VC raised the pay for coaches, when you get a good one, they may stay longer.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

DWall216 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:12 pm
vcgrad wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:52 am Lets hire someone within the program-- these non-county guys just are not working out. They wont stay --even if they married and live in VC. Driving to Zanesville everyday--cant work with a family and all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek:
Dumbest statement I have heard in this thread. That last non county guy pulled your program out of the dirt. Who cares if they only stay a couple years, if your program is winning. They teaching your kids how to put in the work to achieve goals and that only helps them in future life.
Keep hire your locals that keep bouncing from all the schools around you and watch the program take a down turn again.
Maybe if VC raised the pay for coaches, when you get a good one, they may stay longer.
Interesting thought. I wonder what other schools pay their coaches compared to VC. You also can’t reason with that poster… he/she thinks all of our coaches suck but has yet to apply for any position to show his/her knowledge of sports and how superior he/she is. Just overlook it.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I coach in VC--- and yes I want us to win at every level.....

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

As I don’t agree with vcgrad’s post, the last non county coach did not pull the program out of the dirt. Two consecutive years prior to coach Carper were non losing seasons with a home playoff win.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

VC94 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:19 am
As I don’t agree with vcgrad’s post, the last non county coach did not pull the program out of the dirt. Two consecutive years prior to coach Carper were non losing seasons with a home playoff win.
Just from an outside observer, one certainty concerning VC is you’re never going to convince Dundas or Hawkeyepierce that they are ever wrong about anything. And if you would happen to convince them they’d never admit it. The other poster is probably one of those two using a different username so same goes for that one.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:42 pm
Just from an outside observer, one certainty concerning VC is you’re never going to convince Dundas or Hawkeyepierce that they are ever wrong about anything. And if you would happen to convince them they’d never admit it. The other poster is probably one of those two using a different username so same goes for that one.
😂

TigerALUM99
Waterboy

Post by TigerALUM99 »

Get the coach from Warren. He develops D1 talent. Heard around town he’s looking for a change of scenery already.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:04 am I coach in VC--- and yes I want us to win at every level.....
It’s crazy that a coach in the system runs down all the other coaches. Nonetheless, you have experience. You should apply for the job. I’m sure you’ll get it with your superior knowledge of coaching that surpasses Combs, NJ and Carper.

Can’t wait to see you lead us to a state title!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jeff Downs took the Vikings from 1-2 wins and large blowouts consistently to 4 wins and competitive in losses. Travis Bethel took the Vikings to 5 wins and even more competitive in the losses. TJ took VC and flipped those close losses into wins in his third year. (Minus the Unioto game) He also gave us the first TVC championship since 1999. I have no doubt that he would’ve continued to put us in contention for wins and titles had he stayed. Regardless of “loaded” classes, VC hasn’t had success like we had last year, since the early 90’s. I’ll go back to 2004 and 2007. Those classes were “loaded” and didn’t win the title. You can say the TVC was better back then but
that’s circumstantial. TJ was a great motivator and pushed multiple kids into college. Something we haven’t had in a long time. Hopefully the next coach can continue what the previous 3 have built. Downs, Bethel and Carper have all been key parts of bringing this program back from the ashes.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Lets ask way did Carper leave? Lets try to keep the train rolling .....

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

2024 Schedule Division/2023 Record/Result

@ Unioto (D4 9-2 Loss)
Circleville (D3 1-9 Win)
Trimble (D6 6-5 Win)
Meigs (D5 2-8 Win)
@ Athens (D3 6-5 Win)
Alexander (D5 2-8 Win)
@ Northwest (D5 3-7 Win)
@ River Valley (D5 0-10 Win)
Nelsonville York (D6 8-4 Win)
@ wellston (D5 4-6 Win)

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

Dundas wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:59 pm 2024 Schedule Division/2023 Record/Result

@ Unioto (D4 9-2 Loss)
Circleville (D3 1-9 Win)
Trimble (D6 6-5 Win)
Meigs (D5 2-8 Win)
@ Athens (D3 6-5 Win)
Alexander (D5 2-8 Win)
@ Northwest (D5 3-7 Win)
@ River Valley (D5 0-10 Win)
Nelsonville York (D6 8-4 Win)
@ wellston (D5 4-6 Win)
VC should be just fine. Coach Carper laid the foundation and I think whoever the next coach is will build on it.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Lets hire someone who will stay and build for the long term......Make it a career not a job...

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Mistake, Zanesville is not the job he thinks it is.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I agree--- going from the penthouse to the outhouse !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

When does the Vinton County and Jackson series resume ?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jackson Football wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:50 am When does the Vinton County and Jackson series resume ?
Unsure. I know they were in talks of 2025. We also reached out to Warren for a series. With TJ leaving, that could change things though.

Return to “Football”