Waterboy

Valley football 2024

Post by twoboys-02 »

How will the Indians be in 2024

PTrojan59
S

Re: Valley football 2024

Post by PTrojan59 »

Have no Info on Valley, as I’m not a fan or alum, but I will say I think maybe they were fairly young and I was impressed with them. Saw them twice, both on the losing end but I came away impressed. Definitely think they’ll be improved this fall. Not a ton of bodies, but played with a lot of heart and toughness. Really like the coaching staff out in Lucasville.

Who Dey!
Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Unlike Mr Trojan I am a fan and a parent of younger Valley kids but I saw what he saw. They were very young with 1 senior but they played hard and got better each game. I don’t how many wins that turns into next year but they will be better and deeper. They have been lifting since early November and I know that Coach Crabtree said they’ll have around 50 kids and a jv team next year. They have some talent and a good young staff. I’m looking forward to next season because they finished strong and return everyone. They also have two kids from Burg that transferred in that should be helpful.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:20 am Unlike Mr Trojan I am a fan and a parent of younger Valley kids but I saw what he saw. They were very young with 1 senior but they played hard and got better each game. I don’t how many wins that turns into next year but they will be better and deeper. They have been lifting since early November and I know that Coach Crabtree said they’ll have around 50 kids and a jv team next year. They have some talent and a good young staff. I’m looking forward to next season because they finished strong and return everyone. They also have two kids from Burg that transferred in that should be helpful.
Rumor is maybe not everyone returns next year? You also have to think how good can the burg kids really be leaving their for valley? I do think they have assembled a good staff, but wouldn’t count on everyone being back.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SiderSammy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:31 pm
Dan-The-Man wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:20 am Unlike Mr Trojan I am a fan and a parent of younger Valley kids but I saw what he saw. They were very young with 1 senior but they played hard and got better each game. I don’t how many wins that turns into next year but they will be better and deeper. They have been lifting since early November and I know that Coach Crabtree said they’ll have around 50 kids and a jv team next year. They have some talent and a good young staff. I’m looking forward to next season because they finished strong and return everyone. They also have two kids from Burg that transferred in that should be helpful.
Rumor is maybe not everyone returns next year? You also have to think how good can the burg kids really be leaving their for valley? I do think they have assembled a good staff, but wouldn’t count on everyone being back.
Based on how much you been on here posting about it, seems like West’s whole 2024 season riding on a couple of transfers from Valley and Northwest (and Notre Dame too)?

You might wanna focus instead on West figuring out how to beat Burg on a consistent basis instead of once every 15 years.*

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:35 pm
Based on how much you been on here posting about it, seems like West’s whole 2024 season riding on a couple of transfers from Valley and Northwest (and Notre Dame too)?

You might wanna focus instead on West figuring out how to beat Burg on a consistent basis instead of once every 15 years.*
Seems like recruiting is the only answer for that. Only team in southern ohio beat them consistently is ironton. If west gets who is said to come, they will be hard to deal with.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SiderSammy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:01 pm

Seems like recruiting is the only answer for that. Only team in southern ohio beat them consistently is ironton. If west gets who is said to come, they will be hard to deal with.
Couple of transfers (if they even happen) ain’t going to close the gap with Burg if West still running out a roster of 35 kids against Burg’s 70+ roster.

No good excuse for a school like West with their tradition to be struggling with roster numbers. Transfers ain’t going to solve that…changing the pee wee Super Bowl culture to player development will.

But since this a Valley thread and getting back on topic, Valley going to be rolling out a roster of 50+ kids next season from what I hear. That’s real healthy for a D6 school come playoff time with a SOC II schedule to get them ready.*

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I know there were rumors about that kid leaving early in the season, but I have heard that is not the case. He’s lifting and working out with both baseball and football. I would think if he’s leaving he would already be gone. It makes no sense to stay around if you’re going.
And if he is staying as we believe and hope he does, then we will be hard to deal with.

Also… I want to point out the quality of our baseball program. When spring rolls around and you have the great times playing a fun sport with friends and winning, it adds to what we have here.
I hope that kid is here for it….

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

I think we will see a lot of improvement from Valley next year. The burg transfers I believe are linemen. I've heard they are decent, but even if the are just average, it gives opportunities for depth which has been a huge issue for the line. You need to be able to rotate linemen occasionally to keep legs fresh. I'll be interested to see how much the QB improves. A lot hinges on whether or not he can make throws with accuracy. I think the QB has the arm to throw a good ball, the question is if he can develop the mental aspect of the position. Valley will also be getting back a player who was out all year with a knee injury. If he is back to 100%, he will step in and immediately provide a huge boost to the team on both sides of the ball. Valley brings back everyone that played major minutes, plus add a couple new pieces. I'm not expecting an undefeated season, but if we can just improve from last year and maybe get to 5-5 or 6-4 that will be a success. Keep trending in the right direction and see the culture continue to change. That's all that we ask.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think with what Valley returns and the additions they will have, they will be a more competitive team next year. Tough SOC schedule to go through, but will prepare them for the playoffs. Kids and coaches will put in the work. Looking forward to watching them play next season.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

pmow3 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:46 am

I know there were rumors about that kid leaving early in the season, but I have heard that is not the case. He’s lifting and working out with both baseball and football. I would think if he’s leaving he would already be gone. It makes no sense to stay around if you’re going.
And if he is staying as we believe and hope he does, then we will be hard to deal with.

Also… I want to point out the quality of our baseball program. When spring rolls around and you have the great times playing a fun sport with friends and winning, it adds to what we have here.
Let’s look at it this way, He had 1200+ all purpose yard with a less than mediocre line and less than mediocre team. Staff is great, but don’t have the guys to get it done to win.

At west good line and good team. Decent staff. I would imagine close the same numbers, less work load and on a winning team and with people he grew up playing with. Now I guess it all comes down to what is more important to him? He is a good athlete and will do well anywhere he goes in my opinion. Considering he still lives he makes you wonder really.

About the quarterback, He is a great baseball player. One would have to wonder why he would continue risking injury playing football, when his meal ticket is baseball?? I would be surprised if he plays.

I guess we shall see you soon.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

SiderSammy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:18 am
pmow3 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:46 am

Let’s look at it this way, He had 1200+ all purpose yard with a less than mediocre line and less than mediocre team. Staff is great, but don’t have the guys to get it done to win.

At west good line and good team. Decent staff. I would imagine close the same numbers, less work load and on a winning team and with people he grew up playing with. Now I guess it all comes down to what is more important to him? He is a good athlete and will do well anywhere he goes in my opinion. Considering he still lives he makes you wonder really.

About the quarterback, He is a great baseball player. One would have to wonder why he would continue risking injury playing football, when his meal ticket is baseball?? I would be surprised if he plays.

I guess we shall see you soon.
Always thought the same thing about the QB with baseball. He has a chance to make it with baseball. Wouldn't be shocked or blame him at all if he he stops playing and focuses on just baseball. He quit playing basketball this year for baseball reasons, so again, wouldn't surprise me either. If that happens, not sure how that will play out for next year QB. You may have a senior who could step up? There would also be 2 sophomores. The one that played JV or the one coming back from the knee injury who would be more of a threat to run the ball. I guess we are just getting ahead of ourselves with that though. Hopefully Powell will stick with it and show improvement from year 1 to year 2!

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

It just seems like a lot of offseason rumor mill because people don’t have much going on. I don’t know any of the answers to the things being said on transfer or positions but I do know the numbers are up and the culture seems good. Hopefully everyone continues to support the kids and staff and success follows.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Is enrollment declining in Lucasville? Or is D6 where they will likely be and the years in D5 were an anomaly?

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

Injuns could have a solid year with Coach Sprigg and Coach Shope leading them out of the indian head together.

Saw their new facility for first time a few months back- what kid would want to leave that. Good luck to Lucasville in their future football endeavors.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

CuckooNest wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:26 am Is enrollment declining in Lucasville? Or is D6 where they will likely be and the years in D5 were an anomaly?
The years in D5 were when their were only 6 divisions. Valley has been D6 since expansion.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

CuckooNest wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:26 am Is enrollment declining in Lucasville? Or is D6 where they will likely be and the years in D5 were an anomaly?
Good chance they end up in d7 eventually

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

As far as the transfer last I heard that the kid was thinking about it earlier in the season but has changed his mind and will be staying at valley

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

the noise.
Last edited by FIDO on Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

If it is the young RB you are talking about that would be a huge loss for the Indians and huge gain to anyone who gets him! Valley definitely did it right on the facility part.

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”