SEOPS Hippo

2024 Player Interview With BRY’NEIL JONES Columbus Northland

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name
Bry’Neil Jones
School
Northland
Graduation Year
Looking back at your senior season, what were the highs and lows?

This season brought great times like winning, great competitive practices just building a bond none of us will forget from Freshman to Senior those are definitely the highs. I can’t say there were any lows besides losing that first game of the season to Ridge, That loss definitely was the turning point in everything getting us more locked in more than ever and actually taking care of the little things like shoulder-to-shoulder on the sidelines.

The Northland Vikings made some history during the 2023 season. Can you share with the readers what that was?

This season was full of history and us breaking records from things like best record and most wins in school history with 9, with us going on a 9-game win streak, First ever back-to-back playoff appearances in school history, and Hosting our first ever Home Playoff game. The list just keeps going and I’m just excited to say I was a part of that for sure

What will you remember the most about that first-ever home playoff game?

It’s a lot to remember about that experience but one thing I will never forget is our fans being louder than we ever heard as we walked out onto the field. Another thing that I won’t forget about that night is just seeing the news setting their cameras up under our goal post It was an amazing feeling knowing we were getting recognized for the work we put in.

How important was it for the Vikings to finally get that home playoff game, and what do you believe it did for the future of the team?

Us getting that Home playoff game was very important to us because that changed the standard going forward for the future of the team. That’s something that’s never been done and for us to finally do that it brought life back into school not just the team but everyone in the building. We knew that if we were to get our first home playoff game it was bigger than just another game we were playing for the school and also the classes to come after us and show them that they can do anything if they believe and stick together. So the future of the team is in good hands those dudes are more hungrier than ever!

The senior class achieved a lot for the Vikings. What are you going to remember the most from your time with the Vikings?

Practices I mean practices were the best part about this season just spending 3 hours a day 4 days a week with my family is something I truly won’t forget whether it was heated moments with each other or us just having fun joking around and getting each other better every day.

What will you miss the most about playing high school football?

I’m going to miss game days for sure it’s nothing like waking up on a Friday going to school with your travel gear or jerseys on waiting for the game then as soon as the final bell rings you get a feeling like it’s go time no more smiles or talking to friends just you and your goal to go 1-0 that week.

What are you going to miss the most about playing for Coach Sayers, along with the number one lesson you learned from him?

I’m going to miss everything about playing for Coach Sayers I can’t just say one thing it’s just a whole bunch of things like his energy and love for the game and us as his kids, he told us he loved us every day and you felt that he truly meant it. I learned a lot from Coach but One thing I will say is that I learned the true meaning of adversity and how to deal with adversity in different situations and that it can come on and off the field

In keeping in contact with you, I know you are going to be able to play college football. Can you share with the readers a few of the schools that you have been in contact with?

Yeah, I’ve been in contact with schools from different levels of college football like Avila University, Central State, MSJ, Mount Union, Otterbein, and Defiance.

What is the best and worst part of the recruiting process?

The best part of the recruiting process by far is just the experience of talking to different programs and getting an opportunity to continue to play the game I love at the next level. There isn’t really a worse part about the recruiting process only thing about it is just having to be really patient and wait your turn to hear back from different coaches

What do you plan to major in once you are enrolled in college?

I plan for Exercise Science to be my major because I want to be an athletic trainer once I’m done playing football however long that is because with me tearing my MCL sophomore year I know how hard it can be in the recovery process so I would love to bring my experience and passion to that field and help other athletes.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2024 Player Interview With BRY’NEIL JONES Columbus Northland

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Return to “Football”