Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Post by Baldeagle »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:37 pm Thank God the TVC didn’t get Oak Hill. That’s the SOC’s problem for life now :lol:
Actually this is exactly why they should have joined the league. The TVC is all about drama. Meigs wont keep a basketball coach. RV well I wont comment about that mess. Southern wont let Wings Teaford coach anymore. Fed kids spotlight like its a varisty sport. It just goes on and on.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

When I first found out about the situation I was frustrated with the decision to non-renew the coach just like everyone else here. The timing of it is terrible no matter what and could be program killing alongside just being a bad overall look. But from what I have heard about it, this was far from an unjustified decision. It had nothing to do with him being hard on the kids or pushing to go to the TVC so I’m not sure where those rumors started. It is hard to find a person as involved in the athletic programs has he was and no doubt that is something Oak Hill has been missing in recent years. So if you think about it, they would never get rid of a person like that for an insignificant reason. Supposedly he was doing things behind the back of the administration that would have gotten anyone fired despite being warned repeatedly about it. It is true the superintendent is not a fan of him, but frankly neither is anyone else he worked under. I’m not going to use this forum to go into details and put him on blast because he is young and hopefully it will be a good learning experience for him.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

greygoose wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:13 pm
OVC wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:34 pm I read it… first off what person in their right mind makes a decision to non-renew a football coach this late in the offseason. Sounds like people need to be asking this question to him. Oak Hill will be at the bottom of the SOC until they allow someone to change the culture. It looks like Coach Kratz could be that guy. Not only was he the head football coach, supervising off season workouts, but also an assistant basketball coach and the Jr. High Baseball coach. That takes a lot of commitment and it shows he wants to connect with athletes, especially trying to get to know the younger athletes he will be coaching in the future.

The statement was no better than hearing from a politician. The fact it took time to come out shows it was probably heavily vetted (or not even written by the superintendent at all). Sounds like some people are in control behind the scenes and are really twisting the screws on this one.
Who would that be?? Kratz wanted to move the team to the TVC plus last year he was working on finding teams to play behind the scenes. Board member I’ve heard from said until all of this popped up they had every intention of bringing him back and now it’s one big mess. With some groups saying great guy gotta keep him and others saying to harsh and dislike the guy. No one is behind any scenes for super that’s not his style.
I am not from Oak Hill, so I have no clue, but I know that small schools have politics involved and this seems like a political decision, especially the move being made so close to the start of the season. Coach Kratz coached my son so I know he's tough, but fair. I said it before and I will say it again, Bob Lutz, Dave Lucas (especially in the 80s) and Ed Miller couldn't coach today.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Kind of odd. Oak Hill (the “Oaks”) had petitioned the TVC for membership. The TVC schools then voted to formally invite the “Oaks”. Sometime after that the school then denied the TVC on its outstanding invitation. Moreover, there has been talk of this for years. Oak Hill “Oaks” used to be in the SVAC, that comprised of several current TVC and SOC schools. Along with schools that have since consolidated and formed new schools. The absolute hardest part is understanding all this. For what reason was it? I hope that clears things up.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

slayter wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:58 pm Kind of odd. Oak Hill (the “Oaks”) had petitioned the TVC for membership. The TVC schools then voted to formally invite the “Oaks”. Sometime after that the school then denied the TVC on its outstanding invitation. Moreover, there has been talk of this for years. Oak Hill “Oaks” used to be in the SVAC, that comprised of several current TVC and SOC schools. Along with schools that have since consolidated and formed new schools. The absolute hardest part is understanding all this. For what reason was it? I hope that clears things up.
Clears what up?? Really has nothing to do with what is really going on right now. Longer this drags on with the coach the worse it is for the program. Decision in May, if he’s not brought back be lucky to have a coach sometime in June.

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

greygoose wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 am
slayter wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:58 pm Kind of odd. Oak Hill (the “Oaks”) had petitioned the TVC for membership. The TVC schools then voted to formally invite the “Oaks”. Sometime after that the school then denied the TVC on its outstanding invitation. Moreover, there has been talk of this for years. Oak Hill “Oaks” used to be in the SVAC, that comprised of several current TVC and SOC schools. Along with schools that have since consolidated and formed new schools. The absolute hardest part is understanding all this. For what reason was it? I hope that clears things up.
Clears what up?? Really has nothing to do with what is really going on right now. Longer this drags on with the coach the worse it is for the program. Decision in May, if he’s not brought back be lucky to have a coach sometime in June.
Never really cared for that guy. He is really the reason for not going with the TVC. I hate to see the downfall. But it is well deserved

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Get ready Oak Hill, I don't believe the BOE will vote to keep the Coach.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah, what I heard makes sense.

Sideline Sammy
Waterboy

Post by Sideline Sammy »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:51 pm Yeah, what I heard makes sense.
Of what you have heard what can be said on here???

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

If oak screws this up they will struggle to field a football team in the future i feel

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:03 pm If oak screws this up they will struggle to field a football team in the future i feel
They screwed it up when they declined the TVC offer. Only saving grace is if the SOC moves to 3 divisions. Big if.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Dundas wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:31 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:03 pm If oak screws this up they will struggle to field a football team in the future i feel
They screwed it up when they declined the TVC offer. Only saving grace is if the SOC moves to 3 divisions. Big if.
Yeah, I assumed Oak Hill had some assurance from SOC that they were going to 3 divisions for football when they turned down TVC offer. Doesn’t sound like that’s the case. Oak Hill just made a huge mistake and likely screwed their football program going forward regardless who coaching.

I think their new plan is to stink so bad and cancel enough conference games for “safety issues” that the SOC will eventually move them back to SOC I.*

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Dundas wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:31 pm
It’s possible… may consider getting River Valley since South Gallia (same school district) is already in it.

I
East
Green
Notre Dame
Manchester (football only member)
South Gallia

II
Northwest
Oak Hill
Eastern
Symmes Valley
River Valley

III
Waverly
West
Wheelersburg
Minford
Vallley

That’s three divisions with 5 teams. Obviously it’s hypothetical

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

If OH football can’t compete in the SOC2 and the SOC won’t put them back into SOC1 (where they were a bad fit too), I really only see one option, since the TVC bridge is now burnt.

Go the route of South Webster and become a non-football school. Focus on building up your other sports and start a push to get soccer going.

And for those who think this is crazy talk, remember that they cancelled two games, almost cancelled two more, have no coach, are 1-19 the last two years, have decreasing roster size, saw their best athlete transfer to Jackson, and according to everything I’ve seen and read, the football cupboard is bare for years to come.

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:52 pm If OH football can’t compete in the SOC2 and the SOC won’t put them back into SOC1 (where they were a bad fit too), I really only see one option, since the TVC bridge is now burnt.

Go the route of South Webster and become a non-football school. Focus on building up your other sports and start a push to get soccer going.

And for those who think this is crazy talk, remember that they cancelled two games, almost cancelled two more, have no coach, are 1-19 the last two years, have decreasing roster size, saw their best athlete transfer to Jackson, and according to everything I’ve seen and read, the football cupboard is bare for years to come.
That honestly may be the best option for them if they have another season or two like last year. I don't see them getting put back in to the SOC1. Now that they are D5 in football they are bigger than Minford, Valley, NW, West, and every school in the SOC 1. I don't know why the TVC invite got declined after they initiated the interest. But it made no sense in every other sport to move b/c they are the biggest school in the middle SOC division.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If the SOC took River Valley off of the TVC's hands, that would pretty much be amazing. They haven't won a conference championship in any sport the entire time they have been in the TVC.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Bmoc616 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 am
GrumpyPundit wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:52 pm If OH football can’t compete in the SOC2 and the SOC won’t put them back into SOC1 (where they were a bad fit too), I really only see one option, since the TVC bridge is now burnt.

That honestly may be the best option for them if they have another season or two like last year. I don't see them getting put back in to the SOC1. Now that they are D5 in football they are bigger than Minford, Valley, NW, West, and every school in the SOC 1. I don't know why the TVC invite got declined after they initiated the interest. But it made no sense in every other sport to move b/c they are the biggest school in the middle SOC division.
Send Oak Hill to the SVC and Unioto down to the SOC2

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:36 pm If the SOC took River Valley off of the TVC's hands, that would pretty much be amazing. They haven't won a conference championship in any sport the entire time they have been in the TVC.
Did RV win championships when they were in the OVC?

I always felt like the TVC was the best when there were 6 teams in each division. That allows for a couple rivalry games to start the year and crossover games if teams wanted to play each other.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

d-5 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:19 pm
Bmoc616 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 am

Send Oak Hill to the SVC and Unioto down to the SOC2

I actually don’t hate this ideas. I’m sure the kids going from Williamsport to Oak Hill on a random Tuesday will but they also go as far as Piketon. And Unioto would be a good fit across all sports in the SOC with the exception of drive time. Being as far as Wheelersburg but it would make their football program even better than being the big fish in a little pond

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

I said it before and now again! If the community of Oak Hill doesn't fight to keep the program alive, who suffers? The BOE hopefully, the Superintendent Nope ! How about the the parents yes and the players most of all. I am SICK of those people who are in command positions with blown up egos yelling it is all about the kids. IF THIS WERE TRUE Oak Hill would Not be in this position now. So now Oak Hill BOE all eyes are on you. When the meeting adjourns and the smoke clears. We will know then, if it's all about the kids?

Return to “Football”