2024 West Senators

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

2024 West Senators

Post by SiderSammy »

After being spoiled the last couple seasons. What now?
Lots of missing pieces remain defensively. Running backs return and the whole offensive line so that’s a positive. Replacing at all other skilled positions offensively and defensively. It will be intriguing to see what happens from here.

Olebud
Waterboy

Re: 2024 West Senators

Post by Olebud »

They will have some kinks to work out. But there is talent there. They will have to put the big boy pants on and next man up attitude

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

how did they get this nickname?

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Trans_State69 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:50 pm how did they get this nickname?
That is a good question. They have been called Siders as well and they have changed their logo quite a few times also. I have no clue what a Sider is by the way.

WWE HALL OF FAME
MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I think West has a season very similar to this past one.
They will probably have the best rb’s in the area.

WWE HALL OF FAME
d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Athletic teams are known as the Senators, adopted when the school's official name was Washington High School, and the school colors are black and orange.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

MrPerfect wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:22 pm
That is a good question. They have been called Siders as well and they have changed their logo quite a few times also. I have no clue what a Sider is by the way.
West Sider IE: Portsmouth West is west of Portsmouth so they live on the west side

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Formerly known as the Washington Senators, (Washington township) of the 30’s. Officially this is the school name.

A sider is a native of West Portsmouth. A more original name and sometimes associated with a rowdier connotation, I don’t think it has ever been officially the schools nickname. Maybe in the 80’s or 90’s. Both can be interchanged and some people are just partial to one or the other.

As far as this year goes will probably have the best 2 running backs in the league. Return the entire line. Question marks will be breaking in a new young QB, finding weapons on the outside and finding an identity on defense. Athletes are there, I think they will figure it out and be right up there competing for the crown week 10 again.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:47 pm Formerly known as the Washington Senators, (Washington township) of the 30’s. Officially this is the school name.

A sider is a native of West Portsmouth. A more original name and sometimes associated with a rowdier connotation, I don’t think it has ever been officially the schools nickname. Maybe in the 80’s or 90’s. Both can be interchanged and some people are just partial to one or the other.

As far as this year goes will probably have the best 2 running backs in the league. Return the entire line. Question marks will be breaking in a new young QB, finding weapons on the outside and finding an identity on defense. Athletes are there, I think they will figure it out and be right up there competing for the crown week 10 again.
I hope everything works out. A few rumored transfers will help considerably as well.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Heard some rumors too. The 2 I heard adds depth and fills a hole.
Last edited by jujubean on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

jujubean wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:19 pm Heard some rumors too. The 2 I heard adds depth and a hole.
Yep. Talking about a outstanding backfield.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I’ve heard the rumors also. I tend not to believe a lot of that stuff until I see it though. If so would be huge

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

Yeah I’ve heard 4-5 names that could possibly be coming. Each could help in their own way. But will they actually transfer.

ohioripper
Waterboy

Post by ohioripper »

Unless they are willing sit half the season or physically move, I don't see how so many kids are able to transfer.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Olebud wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:53 am Yeah I’ve heard 4-5 names that could possibly be coming. Each could help in their own way. But will they actually transfer.
Remember when west fans made t shirts that said something like “we train them, they take them” or something like that. Would they still feel the same if they get some transfers?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:58 pm
Olebud wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:53 am Yeah I’ve heard 4-5 names that could possibly be coming. Each could help in their own way. But will they actually transfer.
Remember when west fans made t shirts that said something like “we train them, they take them” or something like that. Would they still feel the same if they get some transfers?
I don’t know about 4-5 names mentioned, but the 2 I heard were born and bred West Siders who left in the younger years. But I still don’t believe it until it happens

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:35 pm
I don’t know about 4-5 names mentioned, but the 2 I heard were born and bred West Siders who left in the younger years. But I still don’t believe it until it happens
lol. I’m just kidding around. Let em come back and make west better I say.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:39 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:35 pm

lol. I’m just kidding around. Let em come back and make west better I say.
About tired of dealing with basketball! Let them transfer in, you have to earn your spot to play. Week 10 last season the coaches said nobody’s position is safe, I would assume that would carry on moving forward?? I mean there are a lot of holes to fill.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

jujubean wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:19 pm Heard some rumors too. The 2 I heard adds depth and fills a hole.
What are their initials?

The ones I know are: JP, LW, GM, BD, MS, LC, EK

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

I think the kids themselves start the rumors because they like the attention and the feeling of being courted. Not 100% sure on all the initials but a few do not live in the district. They would have to sit back half of season.
Personally this is high school. Play ball where you are at. If you want to come home, come home. But if you are good, you'll get noticed by sending video, attending camps, and standing out on your team. Truthfully I only recognize GM and EK, the others live out of district probably so it's dumb to transfer unless you think you can get noticed playing JV football.

Return to “Football”