Minford Football

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford Football

Post by SiderSammy »

Caudill possibly a dark horse? He does have two sons in the program and is a “teacher”, which, in most cases, ends up being the choice
Last edited by SiderSammy on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

From an outsider's perspective: Minford's culture will never change until their toxic peewee culture changes. The parents obsess over peewee championships or undefeated JH seasons, and think it should translate to being state champs.
Look at the historically dominant programs in the state (Burg, Marion, etc)--What do their peewees do? Play in-house, learn fundamentals, encourage as much participation as possible, and most importantly--not care about winning at that level. The kids learn to compete for positions, where at Minford the positions are set in stone at 3rd grade.

I saw a quote on FB that I think resonates:
"Peewee championships are for the parents, not the kids".

Flaconflyer89
Waterboy

Post by Flaconflyer89 »

What does the junior high coaches look like? Could one of them step up? Food for thought maybe?

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

The list starts with Brent Daniels, he knows what it takes to win at Minford...bottom line.

Frazie...after those 2 names... you absolutely have to go outside of the Minford nest to find the guy. - Caudill would be interesting, and I am not saying he wouldn't be good, because he gets it and would work extremly hard and also surround himself with good people.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I can confirm that Brent Daniels is NOT interested in the position.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SiderSammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:40 pm Caudill possibly a dark horse? He does have two sons in the program and is a “teacher”, which, in most cases, ends up being the choice
NAH, man you're getting farther and farther just throwing names out. Caudill doesn't know football he's a track guy, I'd be shocked if it's not an outside hire if it isn't then they're not truly trying to change anything.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FalconFever02 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:32 pm The list starts with Brent Daniels, he knows what it takes to win at Minford...bottom line.

Frazie...after those 2 names... you absolutely have to go outside of the Minford nest to find the guy. - Caudill would be interesting, and I am not saying he wouldn't be good, because he gets it and would work extremly hard and also surround himself with good people.
Frazie seems like a popular name, Caudill isn't going to do it he doesn't have that kind of time to learn the game if he were to take it he'd have to do a complete overhaul of the coaches and surround himself with knowledgeable guys.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:59 pm
SiderSammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:40 pm Caudill possibly a dark horse? He does have two sons in the program and is a “teacher”, which, in most cases, ends up being the choice
NAH, man you're getting farther and farther just throwing names out. Caudill doesn't know football he's a track guy, I'd be shocked if it's not an outside hire if it isn't then they're not truly trying to change anything.
Um, I am a lady first of all and he obviously knows enough football, His boys are pretty good at it.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:52 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:23 pm
Dan-The-Man wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 am Frazie would be a good guy for the job but will they hire someone who isn’t a teacher? I think Matiz would do a good job.
No offense here, but if Matiz was the DC why would you think he'd do a good job? The defense has been like really bad, how is it that a guy in charge of a unit that hasn't been good would do a good job running the whole thing?? Be one thing if the defense was mediocre and other issues were there but facts are defense was just another weak link in that entire chain at Minford. Just nothing they did defensively was on par with quality.
the entire Minford program needs a reboot, personally I would not hire anyone that's currently on staff. Frazie seems like a no brainer, idk if he'd want it is the only thing.

If not, Id look for a young gun early 30's or younger.
Frazie has been on the staff.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:57 am Minford better not miss on this hirer, they need a guy to completely change the culture. Minford has became 1. Basketball 2. Soccer and then football. They should hirer someone not affiliated with Minford. Has the Frazie guy coached at the HS level?
Frazie has been on the football staff before. I know he was there during the 2017 season.

SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

Why does everyone think Frazie would be a slam dunk hire? Has he ever been a coordinator let alone head coach at a high level?

I’d go with some new blood. The program needs a kick in the pants. It needs to generate interest in the students. The numbers are horrible.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

STOP IT:

No matter the hire you are 3rd, 4th or even 5th In the SOC II. Hire Urban Meyer and you are still 3rd at best.

Better ur studs transfer to Valley with superior accommodations then play on a lime lined field

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Minford is a baseball and basketball school. Football, not so much.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Valley is the "destination" school for locals like minford, northwest, and eastern. We welcome all.

Superior accommodations for student athletics and a superior coaching staff. All ABOARD!!

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

After reading this and other threads throughout the year, this is one tough job. Community seems to be split on what they want and expectations are kind of unrealistic. This job will need a strong personality that can win the trust of the people and players.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SiderSammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:23 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:59 pm
Um, I am a lady first of all and he obviously knows enough football, His boys are pretty good at it.
Sorry lady you're getting farther and farther just throwing names out, does that help?? No he'll admit to not knowing much about football, nothing wrong with that just doesn't make him a HC and if you think someone knowing enough about football makes a HC then you've rethink things there.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:21 am After reading this and other threads throughout the year, this is one tough job. Community seems to be split on what they want and expectations are kind of unrealistic. This job will need a strong personality that can win the trust of the people and players.
You are correct in that whoever the higher is they're going to have to have some thick skin and put up with parents and administrators trying to tell them how to run things. It's why this program has wasted so many good athletes, they've kept guys on staff who don't know how to get the job done and they give in to pressure from the outside.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FIDO wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:25 am Valley is the "destination" school for locals like minford, northwest, and eastern. We welcome all.

Superior accommodations for student athletics and a superior coaching staff. All ABOARD!!
Just stop, Valley isn't bringing in anyone they lose more than they bring in which is zero. All aboard the outgoing train, destination anywhere but here

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:21 am After reading this and other threads throughout the year, this is one tough job. Community seems to be split on what they want and expectations are kind of unrealistic. This job will need a strong personality that can win the trust of the people and players.
Former head coach around here once told me that Minford football is worst coaching job in the area because of unrealistic expectations of fans/parents, along with a long history of losing football.

As for new hire, I agree with greygoose that Minford needs to truly consider outside candidates before just handing the reins over to the next Minford alum that wants it. They need a culture change out there in football starting with the pee wee level all the way up to high school. I’d bring in an outsider with no personal ties, or favors owed, to anyone, and be patient with him because this not going to be a quick fix.*

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:26 pm
Former head coach around here once told me that Minford football is worst coaching job in the area because of unrealistic expectations of fans/parents, along with a long history of losing football.

As for new hire, I agree with greygoose that Minford needs to truly consider outside candidates before just handing the reins over to the next Minford alum that wants it. They need a culture change out there in football starting with the pee wee level all the way up to high school. I’d bring in an outsider with no personal ties, or favors owed, to anyone, and be patient with him because this not going to be a quick fix.*
Good Advice!!

Return to “Football”