2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Re: 2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by TomUnessa »

Burg lost key players but also bring back kids who got alot of playing time last year. Gonna be interesting to see Rucker growth and development at the qb. Losing Warren in backfield is tough but got some hard runners coming back In Cunningham, Brown, Emnett. Wr position has McGraw, Evans few others. Lattimore will be hard to replace.
Defense gonna have some spots to plug with Risner, Estep, Darling, May, Willoughby, Salyers gone. Will just have to see who steps up.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TomUnessa wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:34 am Burg lost key players but also bring back kids who got alot of playing time last year. Gonna be interesting to see Rucker growth and development at the qb. Losing Warren in backfield is tough but got some hard runners coming back In Cunningham, Brown, Emnett. Wr position has McGraw, Evans few others. Lattimore will be hard to replace.
Defense gonna have some spots to plug with Risner, Estep, Darling, May, Willoughby, Salyers gone. Will just have to see who steps up.
Burg usually can fill holes on D. Going to see willis, emnett, brown, evans, mowery, and evans ready defensively day 1. Those guys saw a lot of reps last year.

a couple of line backer spots and a corner is up for grabs.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:53 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:51 am
Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:34 am

It's time. As in a matter of. It took Burg their entire programs existence to get the two titles Ironton got in ten years. Pendleton has time on his side. Meanwhile speaking of time, Burg has only made it outta the region like 3 times in 3 decades. Why?
Ironton has made it out of the region to many to count yet still have nothing to show for it, especially with all the D1 talent they have.

WHY????
Which means on average Ironton will have more opportunity to win a title in comparison to burg.

Why?
Once again you don't answer the question! Whay haven't they won more titles over the last 6 years? They have had more talent then you can shake a stick at yet have nothing to show for it. Is it coaching? Talent?

Also, it is actually 5 times over the last 3 decades Burg has made it out of the Regional. If you are going to continue to bring it up at least know what the hell you are talking about.

Once Pendleton leaves and it's going to happen seeing how he tried to get out last year by applying for the Moeller job, let's see what kind of record Ironton has then. They will drop back to reality of having to play with homegrown talent and it just won't be there. Maybe if Ironton drops down to DVI they might get another title then.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:16 pm
TomUnessa wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:34 am Burg lost key players but also bring back kids who got alot of playing time last year. Gonna be interesting to see Rucker growth and development at the qb. Losing Warren in backfield is tough but got some hard runners coming back In Cunningham, Brown, Emnett. Wr position has McGraw, Evans few others. Lattimore will be hard to replace.
Burg usually can fill holes on D. Going to see willis, emnett, brown, evans, mowery, and evans ready defensively day 1. Those guys saw a lot of reps last year.

Thanks for the info Woby. How about the offensive line? I know they lost May, Risner, Estep on the line

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TomUnessa wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:55 pm

Thanks for the info Woby. How about the offensive line? I know they lost May, Risner, Estep on the line
I like the look of them. One of the lineman who started the Ironton game that was injured for the year in that game will be back. Will replace estep at the tackle. Similar build. Got center back who I think has D1 potential. Also have the other EVans kid who was injured in barnesville game. Cantrell was out for prep game due to illness. So really you have 4 lineman coming back that have real gametime experience. Will need to find one more. So I think that they will be ready,

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:07 pm

I like the look of them. One of the lineman who started the Ironton game that was injured for the year in that game will be back. Will replace estep at the tackle. Similar build. Got center back who I think has D1 potential. Also have the other EVans kid who was injured in barnesville game. Cantrell was out for prep game due to illness. So really you have 4 lineman coming back that have real gametime experience. Will need to find one more. So I think that they will be ready,
Gotcha👍

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:10 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:51 am

Ironton has made it out of the region to many to count yet still have nothing to show for it, especially with all the D1 talent they have.

WHY????
Which means on average Ironton will have more opportunity to win a title in comparison to burg.

Why?
Good to see all of those opportunities are paying off for IHS. When’s the last time they won state?

As for Holden, he accomplished something all of the IHS talent has been unable to do: win a state title.

Meanwhile, Burg is moving to D4 while IHS continues shrinking with no end in sight. Sad to see a once proud IHS program turn into what it has become :(
So Burg is d4 but can't beat the good d5s in their region and Irontons d5 participation is just as high and more talented than burgs d4 "growth" is what I'm hearing.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:37 pm

Why?
Good to see all of those opportunities are paying off for IHS. When’s the last time they won state?

As for Holden, he accomplished something all of the IHS talent has been unable to do: win a state title.

Meanwhile, Burg is moving to D4 while IHS continues shrinking with no end in sight. Sad to see a once proud IHS program turn into what it has become :(
So Burg is d4 but can't beat the good d5s in their region and Irontons d5 participation is just as high and more talented than burgs d4 "growth" is what I'm hearing.
You worded that wrong. Burg moving to D4 after being the last team in the region to win a D5 state title.

Meanwhile mighty Ironton continues their slow decline while still not being able to win the big one despite the amount of talent they bring in :(

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:07 pm

i think there were times last yr where the burgs 3 interior olinemen were all sophomores. the brown kid needs to run the ball.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Is there any word of Brady Doss playing. He's a pretty darn good football player. He has good size and speed. Good running back and linebacker.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

He’s been at weights but not certain if for both baseball and football.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

If house building means anything , Burg will grow. Houses being built is strong.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:43 pm

You worded that wrong. Burg moving to D4 after being the last team in the region to win a D5 state title.

Meanwhile mighty Ironton continues their slow decline while still not being able to win the big one despite the amount of talent they bring in :(
Hey I was wondering if you could tell me when burg err I mean Yale - Scioto University had their last All academic NCAA power 5 conference product? Ain't the whole idea to be talented and a good student? Carrico was all B10 academic I do believe. Everybody keeps telling me about burgs academics so its probably correct to assume burg just lacks in talent on the field then yea?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:11 pm

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me when burg err I mean Yale - Scioto University had their last All academic NCAA power 5 conference product? Ain't the whole idea to be talented and a good student? Carrico was all B10 academic I do believe. Everybody keeps telling me about burgs academics so its probably correct to assume burg just lacks in talent on the field then yea?
Last two athletes Burg sent to OSU on full rides straight out of high school for sports were Ellis and Newman in baseball.

Ellis graduated from OSU with a degree in engineering and is now COO and Co-Founder of ADTC.

Josh Newman was a three time B10 all-academic honoree, played a few years of pro ball, and is now the pitching coach for Purdue.

Nice try. LOL!!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 pm

Last two athletes Burg sent to OSU on full rides straight out of high school for sports were Ellis and Newman in baseball.

Ellis graduated from OSU with a degree in engineering and is now COO and Co-Founder of ADTC.

Josh Newman was a three time B10 all-academic honoree, played a few years of pro ball, and is now the pitching coach for Purdue.

Speaking of Yale, Ben Gill went to another Ivy League school (Princeton) where he played football. Now the CEO at SOMC. Ben’s brother played football for Burg and graduated with an engineering degree from OSU.

Nice try. LOL!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:55 pm

Speaking of Yale, Ben Gill went to another Ivy League school (Princeton) where he played football. Now the CEO at SOMC. Ben’s brother played football for Burg and graduated with an engineering degree from OSU.

Nice try. LOL!!!

Man, he just keeps opening his mouth and inserting his foot.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Just go away you a@@ 🤡. You have nothing of any substance to add to this forum.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Just go away you a@@ 🤡. You have nothing of any substance to add to this forum.

Nah, let him stay. He's such an easy mark it makes it fun to shoot him down on all the BS he puts on here!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:04 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:55 pm

Nice try. LOL!!!

Man, he just keeps opening his mouth and inserting his foot.
He has a biased view that he can’t mentally overcome, hence why he constantly demonstrates his ignorance.

That said, I actually like Tri_State. He does troll a bit much but at least he’s honest about his thoughts and opinions regardless of how wrong he might be.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Nice try. LOL!!!
So burg football hasnt been able to produce the talent & academics together huh?

Return to “Football”