2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Re: 2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Larry Fine »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:55 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:11 pm

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me when burg err I mean Yale - Scioto University had their last All academic NCAA power 5 conference product? Ain't the whole idea to be talented and a good student? Carrico was all B10 academic I do believe. Everybody keeps telling me about burgs academics so its probably correct to assume burg just lacks in talent on the field then yea?
Last two athletes Burg sent to OSU on full rides straight out of high school for sports were Ellis and Newman in baseball.

Ellis graduated from OSU with a degree in engineering and is now COO and Co-Founder of ADTC.

Josh Newman was a three time B10 all-academic honoree, played a few years of pro ball, and is now the pitching coach for Purdue.

Nice try. LOL!!!
So burg football hasnt been able to produce the talent & academics together huh?
Are you stupid?

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 pm

Last two athletes Burg sent to OSU on full rides straight out of high school for sports were Ellis and Newman in baseball.

Ellis graduated from OSU with a degree in engineering and is now COO and Co-Founder of ADTC.

Josh Newman was a three time B10 all-academic honoree, played a few years of pro ball, and is now the pitching coach for Purdue.

Nice try. LOL!!!
So burg football hasnt been able to produce the talent & academics together huh?
Are you stupid?
They are a troll

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

tigercat74 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:56 pm

Are you stupid?
They are a troll
The answer is no. No they haven't.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:11 pm

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me when burg err I mean Yale - Scioto University had their last All academic NCAA power 5 conference product? Ain't the whole idea to be talented and a good student? Carrico was all B10 academic I do believe. Everybody keeps telling me about burgs academics so its probably correct to assume burg just lacks in talent on the field then yea?

Nice try. LOL!!!
Both were first team all-state football players and first team all state baseball players.

Ellis started at linebacker as a sophomore on the state championship team. Newman started on D for the first Burg team to beat IHS at the Tank.

Again, nice try :)

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 pm

Nice try. LOL!!!
Both were first team all-state football players and first team all state baseball players.

Ellis started at linebacker as a sophomore on the state championship team. Newman started on D for the first Burg team to beat IHS at the Tank.

They were both all.academic big ten as a p5 conference football player?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:46 am

This was your original question and post:

“Hey I was wondering if you could tell me when burg err I mean Yale - Scioto University had their last All academic NCAA power 5 conference product? Ain't the whole idea to be talented and a good student?”

You didn’t originally specify football. I guess since I proved you wrong, you are now changing the criteria? 😂😂

These two Burg kids could have played major college football but chose baseball instead. They STARTED at OSU in baseball, and didn’t just warm the bench. Also, they actually graduated from OSU with degrees! Newman pitched in Yankee stadium during his time in MLB.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Are you stupid?
They are a troll

Are you stupid ?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:43 pm

“Hey I was wondering if you could tell me when burg err I mean Yale - Scioto University had their last All academic NCAA power 5 conference product? Ain't the whole idea to be talented and a good student?”

You didn’t originally specify football. I guess since I proved you wrong, you are now changing the criteria? 😂😂

These two Burg kids could have played major college football but chose baseball instead. They STARTED at OSU in baseball, and didn’t just warm the bench. Also, they actually graduated from OSU with degrees! Newman pitched in Yankee stadium during his time in MLB.
Much like Holden I dont recall these names being recruited heavy. Carrico was an All American and a top 200 yes? Wheres burgs?

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:35 pm

Much like Holden I dont recall these names being recruited heavy. Carrico was an All American and a top 200 yes? Wheres burgs?
Who cares fool, go away. Go stroke Pendleton .

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:03 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 pm
They are a troll

Are you stupid ?
I think the answer to that is very obvious 😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:35 pm

And yet Newman played in the majors (one of the winningest pitchers in OSU baseball history) while Ellis started/lettered at OSU. Both also had the opportunity to go directly into the pros after high school and get payed to play. Recruited by colleges and major league teams!

But I’m sure not being on your radar is one of their greatest regrets despite all of their success. They are probably distraught about not being high school football all-Americans as well. Wonder if Ellis owning his own successful business and Newman being a pitching coach at Purdue makes up for not being a high school football all-American?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Newman could sling it for sure.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:34 pm Newman could sling it for sure.
Newman and Ellis were both special athletes.

Ellis is in the discussion for best athlete ever at Burg. Started as a sophomore in football, basketball, and baseball.

Newman was on the first Burg football team to ever win at Ironton. Unfortunately, IHS got the last laugh making it to the state title game that year.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Is burgs upcoming season schedule basically same as this past season?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 pm Is burgs upcoming season schedule basically same as this past season?
I believe so.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Why does this matter. Ironton has always had more D1 talent than Burg. Burg wins with a program. Ironton wins with talent. Most of the time they are good games. So Ironton should win.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Bad Snap wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:52 pm Why does this matter. Ironton has always had more D1 talent than Burg. Burg wins with a program. Ironton wins with talent. Most of the time they are good games. So Ironton should win.
Ironton has a more succesfull program and Ironton has gotten the best of burg head to head all time, and the current Ironton staff has dominated burgs staff head to head. And yes, Ironton is ALSO more talented and more attractive to talented transfers. The Ironton program is better than burgs program in every single aspect.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:24 pm
Bad Snap wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:52 pm Why does this matter. Ironton has always had more D1 talent than Burg. Burg wins with a program. Ironton wins with talent. Most of the time they are good games. So Ironton should win.
Ironton has a more succesfull program and Ironton has gotten the best of burg head to head all time, and the current Ironton staff has dominated burgs staff head to head. And yes, Ironton is ALSO more talented and more attractive to talented transfers. The Ironton program is better than burgs program in every single aspect.
Except when it comes to state titles and all time winning percentage.

Burg will always be Burg. Will always be what they have been. As for Ironton, their program is truly hanging on by a thread. Pendleton has breathed life back into it, but the program is one coaching change away from being an average OVC program.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Good take
Ironton recruits talent because they have to in order to be successful. Burg has built a program to make up for not having D1 kids in order to be successful. In the end burgs way is more sustainable long term

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:43 pm
Good take
Ironton recruits talent because they have to in order to be successful. Burg has built a program to make up for not having D1 kids in order to be successful. In the end burgs way is more sustainable long term
Exactly!

Plus, Burg school is growing while IHS has been shrinking. Not positive for the future.

Return to “Football”