2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

LetsRide
Waterboy

Re: 2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by LetsRide »

What has this thread even turned into :lol:
Someone will say burg is down this year and we all will fall for it and they will end up winning the league and making to regionals

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:27 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:38 pm

Not bad for a hayseed!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redonda_Miller
Not bad at all. I believe she was part of the burg quiz bowl team that won the national quiz bowl championship. Another member of that team had experiments go into space on the space shuttles
Yes, along with the Walton brothers. Their science project won a national contest and did go up on the space shuttle. Both of them went to Purdue I believe.

As for Redonda, her siblings as did well: a teacher, a pharmacist, and a neurologist.

Again, not bad for a bunch of hayseeds!
The word ya looking for is anomaly. 😆

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:17 am
Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:07 pm
522Pirate wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:28 pm

No one cares where you live my guy…wherever it is I’m certain it’s not Loudon County Virginia…as certain as I am that wherever it is, no one there likes you either 😂
That diploma from Burg high school and fifty cents might get you a cup of coffee if ya lucky my boy. You hayseeds are funny af when ya try to hype wheelersburg up as the epitome of academia. 🤣 Methamphetamines and opiate addiction and chronic obesity and low wages maybe. 🤣
Keep your head up for mopeds and keep your purse and phone hid when walking in the city.Oh ,one more thing,when driving watch for car jackets. :roll:
Wheelersburg, Ohio: Where backpack bandits go to thrive 🤣 🤣

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:27 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:27 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm

Not bad at all. I believe she was part of the burg quiz bowl team that won the national quiz bowl championship. Another member of that team had experiments go into space on the space shuttles
Yes, along with the Walton brothers. Their science project won a national contest and did go up on the space shuttle. Both of them went to Purdue I believe.

As for Redonda, her siblings as did well: a teacher, a pharmacist, and a neurologist.

Again, not bad for a bunch of hayseeds!
The word ya looking for is anomaly. 😆
You can definitely say Redonda is an anomaly since she’s the only woman to ever lead Johns Hopkins, but to your claim about engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. I can list names all day long.

That is the excellence expected at Burg, hence why they are a 5 star. And the school you went to? Well, it once was decent :(

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

This posting went to hell.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

You don’t like reading about how Wheelersburg is the only school in the area who produces successful adults? Some people like to say Wheelersburg people arrogant, I don’t see why!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:44 pm You don’t like reading about how Wheelersburg is the only school in the area who produces successful adults? Some people like to say Wheelersburg people arrogant, I don’t see why!
So an Ironton fan gets on this thread to bash Burg athletes and the town in general. Burg fans come to the defense of their school. And your takeaway is that Burg people are arrogant? 🤦‍♂️

Btw, if you don’t want to read Burg fans standing up for their school and community, then don’t read a thread labeled “2024 Wheelersburg Pirates.” It’s really that simple!

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Spot on, TigerBob !
I guess it doesn't matter that on Ironton's starting 11 when I played, we had... a doctor, an anesthetist, an owner of a huge local business, a college administrator, an army-lifer (now retired), a successful catering business owner, a teacher, a graduate of the Naval Academy, a painting business owner, a chiropractor...and that's just off the top of my head.
Just think how much more successful we'd have been if we went to wheelersburg !

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:35 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:44 pm You don’t like reading about how Wheelersburg is the only school in the area who produces successful adults? Some people like to say Wheelersburg people arrogant, I don’t see why!
So an Ironton fan gets on this thread to bash Burg athletes and the town in general. Burg fans come to the defense of their school. And your takeaway is that Burg people are arrogant? 🤦‍♂️

Btw, if you don’t want to read Burg fans standing up for their school and community, then don’t read a thread labeled “2024 Wheelersburg Pirates.” It’s really that simple!
Silly me thought there might be football posts on here. Wasn’t really interested in a lecture on the superiority of Wheelersburg academics.

You would think a school that produces so many high IQ individuals would have learned not to engage with internet trolls, which is all this “Ironton fan” is. He goes at Wheelersburg people because they respond, which is all he wants. Even with my limited Ironton education, I figured out how to block him. Every time he makes a new account, I click on his name and add foe and that’s it.

If there ever are any football posts on this thread, if you’ll DM me and let me know, that would be great. For now, I’m off to shovel some coal, which is pretty good for an old Ironton grad.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg schools deserve applause for their success and they do perform at a high level in all of their academic and athletic programs but this would be better to head back to football conversations.

I’ll start

2024:

Burg offense on the rise
Burg defense work in progress

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:06 pm

Silly me thought there might be football posts on here. Wasn’t really interested in a lecture on the superiority of Wheelersburg academics.

You would think a school that produces so many high IQ individuals would have learned not to engage with internet trolls, which is all this “Ironton fan” is. He goes at Wheelersburg people because they respond, which is all he wants. Even with my limited Ironton education, I figured out how to block him. Every time he makes a new account, I click on his name and add foe and that’s it.

If there ever are any football posts on this thread, if you’ll DM me and let me know, that would be great. For now, I’m off to shovel some coal, which is pretty good for an old Ironton grad.
If you are here to talk football and not wanting to engage along with your Ironton troll buddy, or the related follow-up comments, then maybe keep your “Wheelersburg people arrogant” comment to yourself. That’s a better approach than tossing out your own insults, and then pretending to be a victim of the mean comments about Ironton.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:19 pm Burg schools deserve applause for their success and they do perform at a high level in all of their academic and athletic programs but this would be better to head back to football conversations.

I’ll start

2024:

Burg offense on the rise
I heard the team will be better this year. Assume that’s based on key players on O being a year older.

How was the freshmen class last year? Any players from that class to keep an eye on?

Btw, highly likely Burg will jump to D4. Are you hearing the same?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You do realize he makes fun and trashes on here ALL of Southern Ohio don't you??? I mean, I figured you did since you seem to make sure you read all of and comment on the Wheelersburg Pirates threads!!

You can call it what you want! We call it confidence!!

From what I'm reading on here Ironton won't have to worry about Burg in the playoffs because some seem to think Burg will be DIV!!!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:19 pm Burg schools deserve applause for their success and they do perform at a high level in all of their academic and athletic programs but this would be better to head back to football conversations.

I’ll start

2024:

Burg offense on the rise
I find this a little uncharacteristic but I can see it. Usually it’s been a hard nosed defense then the offense gets rolling. However I think if Rucker has become a better passer since last season this offense can do all types of things. Burg has had the skill guys but not always the qb at least from my observation.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:54 pm

I’ll start

2024:

Burg offense on the rise
I find this a little uncharacteristic but I can see it. Usually it’s been a hard nosed defense then the offense gets rolling. However I think if Rucker has become a better passer since last season this offense can do all types of things. Burg has had the skill guys but not always the qb at least from my observation.
100% agree. Burg has been missing the type of QB needed to make their offense work. Rucker had some ups and downs last year which was expected from a sophomore starting for the first time. His progress will determine the success of this year’s team.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:47 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:54 pm

I’ll start

2024:

Burg offense on the rise
100% agree. Burg has been missing the type of QB needed to make their offense work. Rucker had some ups and downs last year which was expected from a sophomore starting for the first time. His progress will determine the success of this year’s team.
he needs to hit the weights. needs more size and strength

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Every time anyone points out that Ironton or Prep or both are outperforming Burg the burg goofs pivot to academics or softball or whatever and it's just funny to me. This is about football and Ironton and Prep programs are outperforming Burg and dominating the win column head to head. More of the same in 24. Doesn't matter what division Burg is in. Ironton and Prep will both beat burg again. On the field. In recruiting and in d1 commits. Every aspect. Every year. Get comfy looking up burg fans. Lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:05 pm

Every time anyone points out that Ironton or Prep or both are outperforming Burg the burg goofs pivot to academics or softball or whatever and it's just funny to me. This is about football and Ironton and Prep programs are outperforming Burg and dominating the win column head to head. More of the same in 24. Doesn't matter what division Burg is in. Ironton and Prep will both beat burg again. On the field. In recruiting and in d1 commits. Every aspect. Every year. Get comfy looking up burg fans. Lol
I’m fine with people talking all the trash they want, but some of these posters get on a Burg thread and proceed to whine about Burg fans being arrogant for supporting their community on a Burg thread.

As for your statement about the discussion should be about football and nothing else, that’s quite hypocritical coming from you given the various topics you randomly bring up that have zero to do with football.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

You’ve made this point at the most exhaustive level. We understand. You think Ironton and prep are far above burg. We have heard your view and we thank you for participating but at this time, do you have anything else to add?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 pm

You’ve made this point at the most exhaustive level. We understand. You think Ironton and prep are far above burg. We have heard your view and we thank you for participating but at this time, do you have anything else to add?
One additional thing to add: he also lives in Loudoun County, VA, and it is the greatest place on earth. :)

Return to “Football”