Wellston
3%

Total votes: 65

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: TVC-Ohio 2024

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Old Shorts wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:42 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:44 pm I could write a book. We had a great time, we played great basketball. Your insult is noted, but again shows that you have no idea what you are talking about, which also demonstrates your character. Moreover, Coach Combs should write a book, he took an irrelevant DII school that everyone did not mind playing to a relevant DII power-house that people respected. A program that was built on defensive toughness, unselfishness, and being prepared for any opponent. A program that has twelve conference championships and three district titles, more than Warren by the way, but Coach Combs and Vinton County was always the scared one. Yeah, that doesn't compute.
We got a good look at your character when you said it was embarrassing that the girl from Alexander won player of the year. Then even more so when you tried to deny it. So, what was your role in Combs’ program?
I CLEARLY said that it was embarrassing for the conference for the way the voting unfolded. At the same time, I said she was a great player, I just said that our girl, in my opinion, was more deserving. Reading comprehension is not in your skill set.

Coach Combs is now the Athletic Director at Unioto, but I remain the Freshmen Coach at Vinton County, and Statistician for our basketball program. Dummy... you know me, introduce yourself sometime.

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Vinton Co was asked to take Logan’s spot on Jackson’s schedule in ‘25, but declined. Would have been nice to measure their growth against a SEO power.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:57 pm Vinton Co was asked to take Logan’s spot on Jackson’s schedule in ‘25, but declined. Would have been nice to measure their growth against a SEO power.
Why would VC want to play Jackson? No need to ruin the confidence gained by winning the TVC. That’s all VC needs to prove their dominance. There’s a reason why they didn’t want Jackson and Warren in the league. You should know this. VC 2023 TVC Champions. Nuff Said!

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:18 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:44 pm I could write a book. We had a great time, we played great basketball. Your insult is noted, but again shows that you have no idea what you are talking about, which also demonstrates your character. Moreover, Coach Combs should write a book, he took an irrelevant DII school that everyone did not mind playing to a relevant DII power-house that people respected. A program that was built on defensive toughness, unselfishness, and being prepared for any opponent. A program that has twelve conference championships and three district titles, more than Warren by the way, but Coach Combs and Vinton County was always the scared one. Yeah, that doesn't compute.
We got a good look at your character when you said it was embarrassing that the girl from Alexander won player of the year. Then even more so when you tried to deny it. So, what was your role in Combs’ program?
I CLEARLY said that it was embarrassing for the conference for the way the voting unfolded. At the same time, I said she was a great player, I just said that our girl, in my opinion, was more deserving. Reading comprehension is not in your skill set.

Coach Combs is now the Athletic Director at Unioto, but I remain the Freshmen Coach at Vinton County, and Statistician for our basketball program. Dummy... you know me, introduce yourself sometime.
I remember that post. I also remember multiple people ripping you for saying it was embarrassing. Apparently Old Shorts wasn’t the only one you fooled 😂

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:57 pm Vinton Co was asked to take Logan’s spot on Jackson’s schedule in ‘25, but declined. Would have been nice to measure their growth against a SEO power.
Even if that is true, why would VC want to end a 15 year rivalry with Unioto? Gates are great and both teams have had some great games over the years.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:37 am
Even if that is true, why would VC want to end a 15 year rivalry with Unioto? Gates are great and both teams have had some great games over the years.
Gate? You may not want to end a rivalry but I’d bet my F150 Jackson’s gate would be way bigger than Unioto’s.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:57 pm
Gate? You may not want to end a rivalry but I’d bet my F150 Jackson’s gate would be way bigger than Unioto’s.
Not sure I said Unioto would be a bigger gate than Jackson. Unioto is however the best traveling fan base we play against. Why would we end that rivalry? There’s weeks 2 and 3 that jackson could fit on VC’s schedule and I’d bet my Sierra that TJ would welcome it.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

You should back off because you getting under Dunda skin. 😂

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Billy Brave wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:43 pm

Far from it. I’d love to see Jackson back on the schedule in week 3. They were a benchmark game for about 20 years and one of 3 games each year that VC players and fans wanted to win more than the rest.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:02 pm

Far from it. I’d love to see Jackson back on the schedule in week 3. They were a benchmark game for about 20 years and one of 3 games each year that VC players and fans wanted to win more than the rest.
What’s the record against Jackson?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Billy Brave wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:04 pm

Outside of the 1990’s, not good. I always thought playing a tougher non conference helped us in conference play though and with the expanded playoffs, there’s plenty of room to beef it up and still make it in.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:15 pm

Outside of the 1990’s, not good. I always thought playing a tougher non conference helped us in conference play though and with the expanded playoffs, there’s plenty of room to beef it up and still make it in.
Good point. Just don’t let Jackson in the league. VC wants to start dominating it again and bring back the hay days of the 90’s. Can’t do that if Jackson gets in.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Billy Brave wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:22 pm

Good point. Just don’t let Jackson in the league. VC wants to start dominating it again and bring back the hay days of the 90’s. Can’t do that if Jackson gets in.
Okay. I’ll let Combs know.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:28 pm
Billy Brave wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:22 pm

Okay. I’ll let Combs know.
He knows. Same with Warren. 😂

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Billy Brave wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:25 am

I remember that post. I also remember multiple people ripping you for saying it was embarrassing. Apparently Old Shorts wasn’t the only one you fooled 😂
I used to be a frequent contributor to this forum, but I gave up, because of situations like this, and no matter how you tried to explain, some people are so blunt that they simply do not want to or have the ability to understand. They just want to be adversarial and be combative. I am getting too old for this nonsense. However, again in my opinion, today's voting has proven itself to be a joke and embarrassing for that contributed to the voting that will be announce soon.

Someday, when I am out of the game, I may take the time to spill the tea on this forum just so everyone can get a glimpse of the silliness that goes on away from the headlines.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

You keep trying to sell that, but no one is buying it. And yes I know you and you know me. What you’re too dumb to realize is how much fun it is laughing at you behind your back with many others. You keep spreading the word about how much you know though because we know how good that makes you feel. 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Be a man and introduce yourself, coward.

Because if you truly know me, you know that I never take myself seriously. However, I do believe that I am smarter than the average keyboard aficionado, but I have also been wrong a time or two, and can admit as such, again, I don't take myself seriously. What I am most interested in, is the conversation, the banter back and forth, and being open. You are entitled to your opinion and position as am I, but it may mean neither one of us is right; but how would we ever know, if we cannot accurately conversate? So come and get you some.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Coward? Bwahaha you are hilarious. Keep in mind, I know you. Which means that I know there’s no toughness there. And it’s way too much fun toying with you. I’m in ya head now permanently. 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Why would Jackson want to go to the TVC ?

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Old Shorts wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:56 pm Coward? Bwahaha you are hilarious. Keep in mind, I know you. Which means that I know there’s no toughness there. And it’s way too much fun toying with you. I’m in ya head now permanently. 😂
If you know him then take it up with him, don’t be a keyboard warrior

Return to “Football”