November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Re: November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Wheelersburg did not look good last night. No enthusiasm. Honestly didn’t look like they belonged in that game, which is probably the case with all the good teams being on the other side of the bracket.

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

On a side note, who will Ironton play to complete their schedule for next season? Teams aren’t exactly lining up to play them or Burg. Burg just renewed with McNicholas for 2 more years because there were no other options. Same reason why they scheduled Harvest Prep week 6 this year and next, either play them or have an open date! Who from the OVC other than Ironton will play Burg? Nobody. How about the SVC? Nobody. Frontier other than Jackson? Nobody. Nelsonville York? Fort Frye? Nope. A lot of dodging going on out there!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:49 pm On a side note, who will Ironton play to complete their schedule for next season? Teams aren’t exactly lining up to play them or Burg. Burg just renewed with McNicholas for 2 more years because there were no other options. Same reason why they scheduled Harvest Prep week 6 this year and next, either play them or have an open date! Who from the OVC other than Ironton will play Burg? Nobody. How about the SVC? Nobody. Frontier other than Jackson? Nobody. Nelsonville York? Fort Frye? Nope. A lot of dodging going on out there!
Was told this is it on another thread.

1. Wheelersburg
2. Jackson
3. Midland
4. _____. Gridiron classic
5. Bishop Hartley
6. Pikeville Ky.
7. University School
8. Fairland
9. Gallia
10. Portsmouth

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:34 pm Wheelersburg did not look good last night. No enthusiasm. Honestly didn’t look like they belonged in that game, which is probably the case with all the good teams being on the other side of the bracket.
Agree
A lot of talk leading up to the game and they didn’t show up. Nothing changed over course of the yr except the level of competition. Inferior competition they looked good, when they had to man up and play they couldn’t or wouldn’t

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:34 pm Wheelersburg did not look good last night. No enthusiasm. Honestly didn’t look like they belonged in that game, which is probably the case with all the good teams being on the other side of the bracket.
Looked disinterested from the start, especially on offense. Not sure what that was about, but they were never in that game and that’s concerning going forward with everything they lose to graduation.*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:50 pm
Looked disinterested from the start, especially on offense. Not sure what that was about, but they were never in that game and that’s concerning going forward with everything they lose to graduation.*
While I agree with your post, I cannot expand upon it in fear of insulting or hurting others. :)

All joking aside, I was surprised to hear that some actually think the team will be better next year. With the loss of many key seniors, I don’t see it, but others apparently do.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

I'm sure they were locked in & up for it but let's be honest, Prep deflated Ironton and Burg because per man Prep was just plain faster and more athletic. They got to the point of attack faster. They hit the holes faster. They were stronger and more physical and faster up front. And that kinda thing can deflate teams pretty quick.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:50 pm
While I agree with your post, I cannot expand upon it in fear of insulting or hurting others. :)

All joking aside, I was surprised to hear that some actually think the team will be better next year. With the loss of many key seniors, I don’t see it, but others apparently do.
And there's something else we agree on.

I think if these guys who run this site want seops to be a page where everyone leaves a best wishes post - kinda like signing a coworkers bday card or a classmates yearbook- then just say that and that way we know talking about football objectively is too strong of a conversation for this platform.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:50 pm

Maybe they have been on the phone again in Trojan land and have a few new recruits we don't know about yet. Would explain the optimism right? lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

I think it goes deeper than that.

Last two seasons vs the best competition on burgs teams played schedule :

Vs Ironton 0 - 2
Vs Jackson 0 - 2
Vs West 1 - 1
Vs Prep 0 - 4
The only top ranked r19 team burg has been able to beat is Barnesville and Burgs own fans a week ago said themselves that Barnesville was an easy draw.

Also - burg didn't "get better" this season. Burg lost to the best comp they played, then won vs weaker comp, then got beat as soon as they got on the field vs their best comp in the region again. In the last two seasons vs Ironton, Jackson, West, and Prep they are 1 and 9.
Burg isn't whatever their fans perceive they use to be anymore. Just not.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Burgs offense really only managed two 1st downs in the entire 1st half vs Prep. An entire half.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:53 pm
tigercat74 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:52 pm The foe button is the best thing ever. Thanks to whoever suggested that
1 and 9
I went to Waverly so the 1-9 doesn’t really bother me. I'm sure you will start insulting Waverly now because that is what keyboard warriors do. Yes we have never won a state championship, probably will never will but they are still my school. I no longer live in the area so I come to this board to keep up with what is going on in the area and really don't want to see people just talking crap about kids or the schools they go to.

So go ahead and hit me with your best stuff.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

So yes Burg is 1-9 against those schools. At least they play them. I lived in Burg for a while. Nothing like a Friday night home game. I've been to a lot of games around the state and haven't found the atmosphere like there is at the Burg. So, I guess I say that to say the folks that say Burg isn't a powerhouse or isn't this or that hasn't experienced the Burg. My kids graduated from there. Great academics. And I don't care if there was a rock throwing contest and the kids represented Burg, the community would be behind them. It's about being proud of the athletes and kids in the community win or lose. Go BURG!
And yes this thread is about talking football. Prep was a better team. There are lots of better teams than Burg but they show up and compete. That's what it's all about. Go have fun playing ball and give it your best just like life. I look forward to next year. It should be fun as always.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

tigercat74 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:23 am
tigercat74 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:52 pm The foe button is the best thing ever. Thanks to whoever suggested that
1 and 9
I went to Waverly so the 1-9 doesn’t really bother me. I'm sure you will start insulting Waverly now because that is what keyboard warriors do. Yes we have never won a state championship, probably will never will but they are still my school. I no longer live in the area so I come to this board to keep up with what is going on in the area and really don't want to see people just talking crap about kids or the schools they go to.

Nothing but respect for Waverly and their entire community. Had many battles with them back in the day. Players always showed class regardless of wins or losses.

As for them not winning the state, Waverly has traditionally had really good skilled players but typically not as strong in the trenches. Also, being a D4 school, they do not have enough players coming out for football. 70 is the min to have any chance to compete against the better programs, and Waverly rarely to never has that many players.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Waverly always shows up and competes. Great community and school. They have won their share of games against tough opponents.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

tigercat74 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:23 am
1 and 9

Honestly I've never even had one thought ever about Waverly football. Likely never will.

What's that have to do with op?

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:31 am Waverly always shows up and competes. Great community and school. They have won their share of games against tough opponents.
You could work for Hallmark. Great job. Empty platitudes are a niche talent. Lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:47 am So yes Burg is 1-9 against those schools. At least they play them. I lived in Burg for a while. Nothing like a Friday night home game. I've been to a lot of games around the state and haven't found the atmosphere like there is at the Burg. So, I guess I say that to say the folks that say Burg isn't a powerhouse or isn't this or that hasn't experienced the Burg. My kids graduated from there. Great academics. And I don't care if there was a rock throwing contest and the kids represented Burg, the community would be behind them. It's about being proud of the athletes and kids in the community win or lose. Go BURG!
And yes this thread is about talking football. Prep was a better team. There are lots of better teams than Burg but they show up and compete. That's what it's all about. Go have fun playing ball and give it your best just like life. I look forward to next year. It should be fun as always.

The Burg fans on seops didn't say "at least we play them."

The Burg fans said they have superior coaching and a superior culture and all that superiority equaled 1 and 9 vs the best competition in their OWN REGION and division. They are not 1 and 9 to D1 teams lmao Burg is 1 and 9 vs THE BEST teams on their schedule from their region, and their area, and also their division.

Burg has talked a great fight the last two seasons but the problem is, ya gotta fight too and it looks to me like we can start calling the seops branch of the Burg fan base, Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Speaking of culture: .

I have cash app, PayPal and venmo. I will bet anybody 200 bucks that Kirtland or Coldwater or Marion Locals fans don't say "at least we play them" when they lose and start writing whiny empty platitudes. Speaking of culture = THAT is part of the reason WHY the seo kids can't beat the NEO kids or the greater Cincy kids. = CULTURE!!!

SEO is SOFT. 1000% SOFT. The slightest factual critique and seo implodes. When they lose they turn on each other. 1000% CULTURE.

Soft as baby doo doo. Lol
Last edited by Tri_State79 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:47 am So yes Burg is 1-9 against those schools. At least they play them. I lived in Burg for a while. Nothing like a Friday night home game. I've been to a lot of games around the state and haven't found the atmosphere like there is at the Burg. So, I guess I say that to say the folks that say Burg isn't a powerhouse or isn't this or that hasn't experienced the Burg. My kids graduated from there. Great academics. And I don't care if there was a rock throwing contest and the kids represented Burg, the community would be behind them. It's about being proud of the athletes and kids in the community win or lose. Go BURG!
Well said👍 My only complaint about the high school football season is that it goes way to fast. Best time of the year. As an adult I enjoy watching and supporting the players on the field-win or lose👍
Last edited by TomUnessa on Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”