Best Lineman 2024?

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Re: Best Lineman 2024?

Post by Ohio1979 »

fbnut wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:56 pm Has to be someone from ironton that has 100 offers that will never see the field in college
Thats a good one. Those guys sitting the bench at Division 1 power 5 schools are such losers, too bad they couldn't have turned out like you and hating on a bunch of teenagers lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

HatTrick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:08 am Ironton openly poaching with no remorse. I hope you guys get all the linemen you can scrounge up and wind up losing to HP or my Pirates once again. If you make it past either of us- you can hang up another state runner up banner.
Burg is Ironton and Preps doormat 😭

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

HatTrick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:08 am Ironton openly poaching with no remorse. I hope you guys get all the linemen you can scrounge up and wind up losing to HP or my Pirates once again. If you make it past either of us- you can hang up another state runner up banner.
These guys are just messing with you my man. They aren’t actively out trying to get players. Ironton returns 4 starting OL off last years team. Ironton returns as much or more than anyone in the area. They should be very good in 24.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Pretty sure valley returns its whole line and maybe all 22 starters unless lost a few to transfers

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:33 pm The kid from Beaver sure would look good in orange and black next year
Doubt that will ever happen. He's a beast.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Bookman and Gorham !! Warren Warriors

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Kade Woods from West the best offensive lineman in SOC II, hands down. Wood and Smith from Valley are solid players on both sides of the ball, but particularly on defense. Burg has Landon Evans and Nathan Lanning on the offensive line who are both coming off injuries last year, but will be part of a solid unit (if healthy). Armbrister from Northwest looks like a player as well.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:38 pm Kade Woods from West the best offensive lineman in SOC II, hands down. Wood and Smith from Valley are solid players on both sides of the ball, but particularly on defense. Burg has Landon Evans and Nathan Lanning on the offensive line who are both coming off injuries last year, but will be part of a solid unit (if healthy). Armbrister from Northwest looks like a player as well.*
Burg has a D1 line man prospect that started as a sophomore in Ryan meeker. 6 3 332 lbs. he will be someone to look at this year. Burgs offensive line will be massive

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:06 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:38 pm Kade Woods from West the best offensive lineman in SOC II, hands down. Wood and Smith from Valley are solid players on both sides of the ball, but particularly on defense. Burg has Landon Evans and Nathan Lanning on the offensive line who are both coming off injuries last year, but will be part of a solid unit (if healthy). Armbrister from Northwest looks like a player as well.*
Burg has a D1 line man prospect that started as a sophomore in Ryan meeker. 6 3 332 lbs. he will be someone to look at this year. Burgs offensive line will be massive
Same with Jackson. This will be the biggest and strongest line Jackson has had in a long time. Very strong weight room numbers.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley returns the entire starting OL and DL plus has a couple of guys who started in August but lost to injury or eligibility who return. A normal Tri-Valley year is 3 or 4 good lineman and a bunch of tough kids doing their best to fill in the rest of the spots. This year they have about 8 to 10 solid linemen.

Guys who could go D1 MAC variety
Senior Chris Gargasz (dad was a D1 lineman) returns at defensive end and offensive guard as needed. Has quickness, speed, power and nasty disposition. 4 year starter.
Senior Gavin Spiker - nose guard. offensive tackle. 3 year starter. Massive and strong. 4th quarter during Sheridan they were trying to block him with the center and both guards once they had to pass every down. He was pushing all 3 into the backfield.

One more:
Senior Ashton Winner - could be moving from offensive guard to tight end. Plays defensive tackle. People feel it when he makes the tackle.

Tri-Valley likely will be two platoon on the offensive and defensive line and late in games could go both ways with their stud lineman.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Forgot about Meeker…he stepped in for Burg at center as a sophomore and was solid all season long. If he lives in weight room next 2 years, D1 is definitely a possibility.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:35 pm
Forgot about Meeker…he stepped in for Burg at center as a sophomore and was solid all season long. If he lives in weight room next 2 years, D1 is definitely a possibility.*
Agree. He’s got legit size and footwork, now needs to add strength. He may not even want to play at that level but he has the tools to do so.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:25 am
Burg is Ironton and Preps doormat 😭
AS well they should be with all the talent both have brought in over the last five years and just think, neither ironton or Prep have won crap over those same years. NADA! ZILCH! NOTHING! ZEROOOOO! NIL!!!!

Put both schools homegrown talent against aanyone over those years and they both get owned!!!

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Wrong again. Ironton still has more homegrown talent than anyone else is SEO. And why do you continue to act like the burg doesn't have kids from other districts ?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LockHerUp wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:01 am Wrong again. Ironton still has more homegrown talent than anyone else is SEO. And why do you continue to act like the burg doesn't have kids from other districts ?
Burg fans DO know kids from other districts come play for them. ironton posters can't admit that without the recruits they are medicore at best. That homegrown talent is standing on the sidelines watching so why can't you see what pendleton is doing by bringing in this outside talent and getting these guys these scholarships? He is trying to make a name for himself and get himself noticed to get a bigger job. Did you not realize that last year when he applied for the Moeller job without telling anyone at Ironton!! Wake up America!!!

Burg gets 1 maybe 2 a year, not really All-Americans either. Ironton has continued to bring in all of the D1 talent every year and have nothing to show for it.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

GoIrish wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:06 am
I-TownFanatic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:33 pm The kid from Beaver sure would look good in orange and black next year
Doubt that will ever happen. He's a beast.
He would be welcomed. I can help with rent lol

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Miami Trace soph. (Jr to be in 2024) Adam Guthrie is a 6'7" offensive tackle with really good feet. Plays basketball which I am sure will attract some interest from coaches that like multi sport athletes. Plays in the FAC

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 pm Miami Trace soph. (Jr to be in 2024) Adam Guthrie is a 6'7" offensive tackle with really good feet. Plays basketball which I am sure will attract some interest from coaches that like multi sport athletes. Plays in the FAC
Yep. Huge kid with a frame that college coaches will love to build on. Great feet and hands in basketball. Only concern would be I’m not sure if he has a mean streak. Would love to see him plant some kids and play through the whistle this year.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 am
soggybottomtopper wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 pm Miami Trace soph. (Jr to be in 2024) Adam Guthrie is a 6'7" offensive tackle with really good feet. Plays basketball which I am sure will attract some interest from coaches that like multi sport athletes. Plays in the FAC
Yep. Huge kid with a frame that college coaches will love to build on. Great feet and hands in basketball. Only concern would be I’m not sure if he has a mean streak. Would love to see him plant some kids and play through the whistle this year.
Go watch his hudl highlights on his twitter page. At the end of last year, he started burying kids. Getting A TON of big D1 offers and visits right now.

Return to “Football”