November 10, 2023 Barnesville 13 - 36 Wheelersburg

FIDO
S

Re: RD 3-DV Region 19 -#7 Wheelersburg vs. # 3 Barnesville

Post by FIDO »

Where will this epic battle be played? Possibilities? Chillicothe?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Please Valley lol.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Seeing how well irontons run defense was tonight I do believe burg can do it in a rematch with prep. Question will be how burgs offense will be

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm Seeing how well irontons run defense was tonight I do believe burg can do it in a rematch with prep. Question will be how burgs offense will be
Burg’s O has definitely increased my alcohol consumption and spend this season :)

I hope they learned from the last HP game but not getting my hopes up.

That said, the coaches have taken Burg to the regional championship. Great accomplishment given the struggles earlier in the year. Kudos to the D that has been tough all season. Keep the O simple and not put too much pressure on the QB. Burg can win if they play a clean game.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

mattash wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm Please Valley lol.
That’s a rumor I heard today if Ironton/Burg won. My bet is Nelsonville again.*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:45 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm Seeing how well irontons run defense was tonight I do believe burg can do it in a rematch with prep. Question will be how burgs offense will be
Burg’s O has definitely increased my alcohol consumption and spend this season :)

That said, the coaches have taken Burg to the regional championship. Great accomplishment given the struggles earlier in the year. Kudos to the D that has been tough all season. Keep the O simple and not put too much pressure on the QB. Burg can win if they play a clean game.
2 score lead in the mid 4th quarter and throwing the skin all over the place. It allowed Rock back into the game for no apparent reason.

Maybe someone else can make reason of the play calling.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Too many penalties and the Q B can't tell who he should throw to my guys or there guys.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats Burg.... great running game tonight.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

callie15 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:51 pm Too many penalties and the Q B can't tell who he should throw to my guys or there guys.
Burg OC needs to simplify Rucker’s reads. Give him one option. If not open, run or throw it away.

Against HP, we do not want him dropping back and scanning the field. Game will get ugly!!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Id say Chillicothe. Half way for both.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

FIDO wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:50 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:45 pm

2 score lead in the mid 4th quarter and throwing the skin all over the place. It allowed Rock back into the game for no apparent reason.

Maybe someone else can make reason of the play calling.
Burg was going for style points for some reason at that point in the game. Line up and run Warren, Darling and Hutchinson and tell everyone else to get out of the way. Region 19 champs if they don’t throw more than 10 passes next week.*

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

About what I thought here. Barnesville a real nice DVI level team for SEO playing in the DV playoffs won’t survive against the real teams. If they are serious about winning the region, they’ll need to beef their schedule up significantly. Lucky to lose by 13.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:50 pm About what I thought here. Barnesville a real nice DVI level team for SEO playing in the DV playoffs won’t survive against the real teams. If they are serious about winning the region, they’ll need to beef their schedule up significantly. Lucky to lose by 13.
Barnesville came out strong but just doesn’t have the depth. By the 4th quarter, their D was toast.

As for the score, Burg did their best to give Barnesville a chance. The start of the 3rd quarter was a dumpster fire. Combine that with Burg’s two costly turnovers and 10+ penaltie…. That’s why only a 13 point win.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:47 pm
mattash wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm Please Valley lol.
That’s a rumor I heard today if Ironton/Burg won. My bet is Nelsonville again.*

Why Nelsonville if Valley or Chillicothe or waverly are all able to host?? That would be dumb as hell to play this game there again. If the OH$AA wants asses in the seats then Nelsonville should be the last option. I had well over 100 people tell me last year they weren't making that drive to NY even if the weather was nice.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:50 pm About what I thought here. Barnesville a real nice DVI level team for SEO playing in the DV playoffs won’t survive against the real teams. If they are serious about winning the region, they’ll need to beef their schedule up significantly. Lucky to lose by 13.

I don't think they can because most of there games are league games. It's about like in the late 70's early 80's when Burg had to play East and Green and New Boston because there was only one SOC!! Once they switched to a two SOC league, Burg started making the playoffs pretty consistently.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg started out slow, just like they did last year against the Rocks. They had 3 plays and 8 yards in the first quarter. 2nd quarter started playing ball and that 4th and 1 the Rocks couldn't convert deep in Burg territory was HUGE!!!!!!! Big momentum change then.

Like was said Rocks wore down in the 2nd half and Burg took advantage. Did Warren end up over 300 yards??? Man, back to back years a Burg RB just shredded their defense as D. Lattimore had well over 250 on them last season.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

I know the broadcast said Creed had 270 early in the fourth, so I assume he got over 300

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I was really happy with the drive to Hamilton township but I guess I forgot how bad that place was. One concession stand on the home side and for a D1 school, the restrooms were a joke. The mens room had 2 stalls and 3 urinals. My wife said the womens had 4 stalls. That's prety pathetic for a D1 facility.

Also, the visitor seats had no aisle to walk up to get to a seat. You had to walk up the steps, which is pretty dangerous for some of the older people. Plus, no way to get out in the front of the seats. Had to go out the back of the bleachers. Very bad setup.

Still better than having to drive to Nelsonville!!

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

The YRPTV YouTube broadcaster said Creed finished with 23 rushes for 281 yds and 3 td’s…

In other news…12 penalties for 85 yards…what 3 false starts in a row on that first possession of the 3rd quarter…best get that cleaned up

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:00 pm The YRPTV YouTube broadcaster said Creed finished with 23 rushes for 281 yds and 3 td’s…

In other news…12 penalties for 85 yards…what 3 false starts in a row on that first possession of the 3rd quarter…best get that cleaned up
Penalties and the two interceptions… still stunned that the OC called pass plays in those situations. Took points off the board for Burg, and gave Barnesville hope at the end with the pic 6.

The big screen play was a great call that only required the QB to make one read. That’s the position the coaches need to put him in next week. Keep it simple!!

Return to “Football”