Fans Complaining About Transfers

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Re: Fans Complaining About Transfers

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

As long as public schools plays private schools in the state tournament then open enrollment shouldn’t be an issue. It’s an absolute shame OHSAA punishes some kids who transfer and don’t punish others but private schools can do whatever they like. We all know OHSAA only cares about money. Maybe just attach a Ben Franklin and u should be fine.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

PointerHornet89 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:05 am Kids have been transfering from school to school for sports since at least the 1980’s, it’s not a new thing. I don’t know why it is such a big topic of discussion.

People need low hanging fruit excuses for why their programs don't attract talent or ever evolve.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:09 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:01 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:50 pm That’s basically the rule now. You get the first half instead of nothing. Don’t see a ton of kids utilizing that one. It’s typically a move.
Didn’t Perkins move to Ironton? Don’t recall him sitting out games. Same with Felder?
Yes their families moved and lived in Ironton. Otherwise they sit.
If they have to sit out a year then why didn’t perkin’s sister have to sit out a year. When Ty transferred/moved to ironton she transferred to wheelersburg?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I may be wrong here, but when she enrolled at Wheelersburg, wasn't she just in 8th grade? If i'm wrong, ignore me.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I have no clue. I just know he didn’t sit. Thus, they either moved or took advantage of a different exemption. So any rule requiring him to sit any amount of games wouldn’t have mattered.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:49 am
PointerHornet89 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:05 am Kids have been transfering from school to school for sports since at least the 1980’s, it’s not a new thing. I don’t know why it is such a big topic of discussion.

People need low hanging fruit excuses for why their programs don't attract talent or ever evolve.
First, I created this post to disprove your claim that only SEO people complain about transfers. This shows fans from two of the most legendary programs in the country complaining about transfers. This is a complaint throughout the country, not just SEO.

Second, the mentality of athletes use to be “to be the best, you have to beat the best.” Now it’s “to be the best you have to team up and play alongside the best.” This was not common in the 80’s. Magic and Larry were never going to join forces. Neither was Dr J, Michael Jordan, etc. Lebron is who made this a common practice that has spread throughout sports.

In the 80’s, most schools had closed borders. Was5 as common to jump teams. Definitely better for the health of sports in SEO.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:19 pm

First, I created this post to disprove your claim that only SEO people complain about transfers. This shows fans from two of the most legendary programs in the country complaining about transfers. This is a complaint throughout the country, not just SEO.

Second, the mentality of athletes use to be “to be the best, you have to beat the best.” Now it’s “to be the best you have to team up and play alongside the best.” This was not common in the 80’s. Magic and Larry were never going to join forces. Neither was Dr J, Michael Jordan, etc. Lebron is who made this a common practice that has spread throughout sports.

In the 80’s, most schools had closed borders. Was5 as common to jump teams. Definitely better for the health of sports in SEO.
Nobody cares about "the good ol days" man lol.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Was abt to say the good ole days are gone everywhere has transfers I mean look at how college football works it’s just trickled down into high school of kids wanting to play wherever

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:28 pm

They will when football is a shell of what it is today.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:32 pm Was abt to say the good ole days are gone everywhere has transfers I mean look at how college football works it’s just trickled down into high school of kids wanting to play wherever
Not true at all. The teams that dominate D5-D7 in the state of Ohio rarely to never get transfers.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:37 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:32 pm Was abt to say the good ole days are gone everywhere has transfers I mean look at how college football works it’s just trickled down into high school of kids wanting to play wherever
Not true at all. The teams that dominate D5-D7 in the state of Ohio rarely to never get transfers.
Small communities where families grow up and then another generation does the same thing, go above those divisions and it’s a very normal thing

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:50 pm
Small communities where families grow up and then another generation does the same thing, go above those divisions and it’s a very normal thing
Exactly.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:36 pm

Change is gonna keep on changing man.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Social media. .
Everyone's connected now.
Nobody is limited to "the hometown" aspiration. It's about siezing opportunity to get out of that small hometown.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:04 pm
Social media. .
Nobody is limited to "the hometown" aspiration. It's about siezing opportunity to get out of that small hometown.
None of my posts were meant to down any kid or any school whatsoever. I simply believe that if rules are on the books, they should be enforced. If they aren’t going to be, take them off the books. I would never blame a player or family for trying to better their situation if they feel it is in fact better.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:02 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:36 pm

Change is gonna keep on changing man.
Completely agree. Will change until football is an afterthought. Slaughtering the golden goose that is football is a form of change. Unfortunately not for the better.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:50 pm
I live in Cincy. Other than the catholic schools, it’s not that common unless a family moves into a district due to family job change, etc. But they are not moving around the public schools for football.

Last pro athlete that hit it big from this area is Luke Kennard. He played ball at a below average bball/fball school named Franklin. Didn’t transfer to a powerhouse program. Didn’t jump ship. Yet somehow, from this rinky dink high school, he made it to the NBA.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

bfry wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:32 pm
Social media. .
None of my posts were meant to down any kid or any school whatsoever. I simply believe that if rules are on the books, they should be enforced. If they aren’t going to be, take them off the books. I would never blame a player or family for trying to better their situation if they feel it is in fact better.
Agreed. Take em off the books and institute an NIL if it's possible also. That's a great opportunity for a young adult.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

A couple of privates are over 500 on their CB number. Many are in the 150-200 range. It’s just the way things are. Kids just being led to believe they can get more exposure or success somewhere else which in certain instances is true. Can’t blame the kids for wanting more. One of the problems is parents or guardians of kids with middling talent pushing them into situations where they get lost in the talent pool.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:07 pm
bfry wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:32 pm

Social media. .
Agreed. Take em off the books and institute an NIL if it's possible also. That's a great opportunity for a young adult.
Yep, start paying high school kids. Nothing can wrong with that. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Return to “Football”