October 27, 2023 West Liberty 47 - 7 Valley

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: D6 R24 13 Valley @ #4 West Liberty Salem

Post by Crab's Brother »

ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:37 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:50 pm I am going to keep my mouth shut as I have for most of the last 2 years on here because if I speak, some people on here are going to get their feelings hurt and not like what I have to say.....

That said, I am going to trust the guys that spend hours watching film and hours with their players. Hours spent learning what those freshmen and sophomores can and cannot do on Friday nights. It is amazing to me that people come onto a message board after watching the game and say "open up the playbook". They haven't watched a darn minute of film or spent a minute in practice seeing what people are capable of. No....They play a video game or watch college football and see athletes running all kinds of sets and think "you know what.....That 2-7 DVI high school team that I am going to watch tonight should run that". STFU!

There isn't a team that has improved more from week 1 to week 10 in the state of Ohio than Valley. Some people need to step back and look at that and just be happy for the kids that have grinded and grinded and are now being rewarded with wins.

Go Indians.
I wasn't gong to respond to you until you said to ST*U!

Bottom line, most things being said good, and bad are true to a certain degree. Some people may know a little more than you think they do, and some may not. Just like you exaggerating what most know is meant by "open the playbook" to a ridiculous gamer, pro ball, college ball viewer expecting that level of play. Not once did the expectation of being able to run a 100 plays out of multiple formations get said, but running some more variety, and not repetitive, and predictable did. . You made an assumption of what was meant, and the type of person saying it. Not everyone is the stereotype that you want to portray, or has anything to gain, from discussing the good and the bad that is going on.

We all want the Valley programs from boy sports to girl sports to thrive. Having a difference of opinion is ok, and should be allowed. This is an open forum discussion board, at least I thought. If things being said hit a nerve, I apologize out of respect for who you are, and what your family has done for Valley. But profanity is not needed, Sir!

Go Valley!
If my abbreviation for "profanity" is the only reason you are responding to me then so be it.

Here is my issue....This has nothing to do with any "assumptions" I made about the knowledge that anyone may or may not have about the game of football. You, or anyone else for that matter, can have any issue you want with the play calling or really any issue or direction with the program. Like you said, that is your opinion and it can be different than mine. But I am not going to sit and not give a rebuttal. In your words, this is an open forum discussion board. You gave your opinion. I gave my reasons for disagreeing with it. Back to the original point of my post....

You want Valley to go under center in short yardage. That was your example. The sophomore playing quarterback in his first year playing quarterback. His first year! Not his first year of varsity. His first year. Have you been at practice to know if that young man is comfortable at all under center? If he isn't, are you going to put him in that position on big down situations and add another factor to his plate? In what world does that make sense? Your other point was that Valley has more than 1 or 2 athletes on offense. I seen several different guys targeted in the Grandview and Oak Hill games that had chances to make plays and they didn't. Period.

At the end of the day, I do not think that Valley could have a better collection of coaches that want to win more than they do. Am I defending them because they are my friends? 100% right I am. Nolan, Luke, Zach, Paul, Bryce, KT, Billy, Evan, and Blake are all my friends. I see the pain they are in when we lose. I feel for them because I know they are pouring their heart and soul into getting this program back to where it was when most of them wore the purple and gold. All that said, I know that no one wants to win as much as those guys. So if they decide that running 50 zone runs to the right gives them the best chance of winning, then I am going to support 50 zone runs to the right. There isn't anyone that wants to do more creative things on offense than Nolan. I can promise you that. But the fact of the matter is you play to win the game. So you call what you have to call to win the game.

Lastly, I don't always agree with Nolan. I will tell him when I didn't like what he did in a situation. I don't do it on a message board. I do it in person. And he may or may not agree with me. But you know what? He always has a reason. You know why? Because he always has a plan. He has a vision for the program. And early this season, when he went into games with Wheelersburg, Waverly, and West, where we were probably 4-5 TD underdogs, he prepared those kids to go out and fight. And they did. They competed until the end of every game, IMO< except for Coal Grove. So when those kids had chances to win games late in the season, they were ready and they won a few. I just hate that the "open the playbook" and "get the offense clicking" comments come out after a shutout win over a huge rival on their home field. Not a fan of that. But that is your opinion. Not mine.

Go Valley.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:20 am
ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:37 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:50 pm I am going to keep my mouth shut as I have for most of the last 2 years on here because if I speak, some people on here are going to get their feelings hurt and not like what I have to say.....

That said, I am going to trust the guys that spend hours watching film and hours with their players. Hours spent learning what those freshmen and sophomores can and cannot do on Friday nights. It is amazing to me that people come onto a message board after watching the game and say "open up the playbook". They haven't watched a darn minute of film or spent a minute in practice seeing what people are capable of. No....They play a video game or watch college football and see athletes running all kinds of sets and think "you know what.....That 2-7 DVI high school team that I am going to watch tonight should run that". STFU!

There isn't a team that has improved more from week 1 to week 10 in the state of Ohio than Valley. Some people need to step back and look at that and just be happy for the kids that have grinded and grinded and are now being rewarded with wins.

Go Indians.
I wasn't gong to respond to you until you said to ST*U!

Bottom line, most things being said good, and bad are true to a certain degree. Some people may know a little more than you think they do, and some may not. Just like you exaggerating what most know is meant by "open the playbook" to a ridiculous gamer, pro ball, college ball viewer expecting that level of play. Not once did the expectation of being able to run a 100 plays out of multiple formations get said, but running some more variety, and not repetitive, and predictable did. . You made an assumption of what was meant, and the type of person saying it. Not everyone is the stereotype that you want to portray, or has anything to gain, from discussing the good and the bad that is going on.

We all want the Valley programs from boy sports to girl sports to thrive. Having a difference of opinion is ok, and should be allowed. This is an open forum discussion board, at least I thought. If things being said hit a nerve, I apologize out of respect for who you are, and what your family has done for Valley. But profanity is not needed, Sir!

Go Valley!
If my abbreviation for "profanity" is the only reason you are responding to me then so be it.

Here is my issue....This has nothing to do with any "assumptions" I made about the knowledge that anyone may or may not have about the game of football. You, or anyone else for that matter, can have any issue you want with the play calling or really any issue or direction with the program. Like you said, that is your opinion and it can be different than mine. But I am not going to sit and not give a rebuttal. In your words, this is an open forum discussion board. You gave your opinion. I gave my reasons for disagreeing with it. Back to the original point of my post....

You want Valley to go under center in short yardage. That was your example. The sophomore playing quarterback in his first year playing quarterback. His first year! Not his first year of varsity. His first year. Have you been at practice to know if that young man is comfortable at all under center? If he isn't, are you going to put him in that position on big down situations and add another factor to his plate? In what world does that make sense? Your other point was that Valley has more than 1 or 2 athletes on offense. I seen several different guys targeted in the Grandview and Oak Hill games that had chances to make plays and they didn't. Period.

At the end of the day, I do not think that Valley could have a better collection of coaches that want to win more than they do. Am I defending them because they are my friends? 100% right I am. Nolan, Luke, Zach, Paul, Bryce, KT, Billy, Evan, and Blake are all my friends. I see the pain they are in when we lose. I feel for them because I know they are pouring their heart and soul into getting this program back to where it was when most of them wore the purple and gold. All that said, I know that no one wants to win as much as those guys. So if they decide that running 50 zone runs to the right gives them the best chance of winning, then I am going to support 50 zone runs to the right. There isn't anyone that wants to do more creative things on offense than Nolan. I can promise you that. But the fact of the matter is you play to win the game. So you call what you have to call to win the game.

Lastly, I don't always agree with Nolan. I will tell him when I didn't like what he did in a situation. I don't do it on a message board. I do it in person. And he may or may not agree with me. But you know what? He always has a reason. You know why? Because he always has a plan. He has a vision for the program. And early this season, when he went into games with Wheelersburg, Waverly, and West, where we were probably 4-5 TD underdogs, he prepared those kids to go out and fight. And they did. They competed until the end of every game, IMO< except for Coal Grove. So when those kids had chances to win games late in the season, they were ready and they won a few. I just hate that the "open the playbook" and "get the offense clicking" comments come out after a shutout win over a huge rival on their home field. Not a fan of that. But that is your opinion. Not mine.

Go Valley.
Ok, enough bickering over the offensive stuff, because we will never agree at all on it........

So now looking at the positives.

This team has went from 0 to 100 in many ways since Nolan took over last year.. The vision is there, and the knowledge is there. We can all agree on that, I Hope! I believe we should definitely have a chance to make it out of the first round as long as all the players are still healthy(?) That will decide a lot in this game and going forward.

Expectations are high from many people in the community whether it is the fans or parents of athletes in the program. Next year the expectations will be even higher because there is quite a few juniors active in key roles, a couple transfers, and the freshman/sophomore class currently playing will be a year older.

Good Luck Boys! You have more talent, and drive than many had wanted to give you credit for! Fight to the last whistle no matter the outcome! Set the tone for this game, and for going into next year! Coaches Good Luck!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

If you are fundamentally sound, it doesn't matter much what plays you run. If you aren't fundamentally sound, run the plays until the little thing become muscle memory.

Anyone that's played the game knows there is a huge leap in development in size, strength, football IQ and playing sound fundamental football from your freshman, sophomore years to Jr and Sr years. Keep it simple and do it well.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Valley 21-17

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I found a game and some highlights on line of WLS and they have a good looking RB and QB. Tough to tell on the size and skill on the line but I’d say by looking at their schedule that they are a pretty good team. Valley has played a tough schedule so I would think they’ll be prepared. I wonder how they would stack up against Burg West and Waverly. I think Valley hangs in there but winning this game would be a major upset in my opinion.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Valley in your first round matchup against West Liberty Salem.

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

While I hope I am proven wrong…I just don’t see this a close game. I have seen WLS this season and that is a very football team and there league is very solid.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Not going to get off work in time to make it to this one. Guess I’m going to pay for the live stream unless someone knows of a free link. 😆

Best of luck to the Indians! You guys have exceeded my and so many other’s expectations! Play hard and give yourself a chance!

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Roll Tribe!!!! Any broadcasts on this game radio or stream?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Compete for 4 quarters. Today is the first day of 2024.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley dropped an INT and then 2 five yard losses on defense to open them drove straight down field for 7

7-0 valley

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Thanks for the updates 7. Is the game being streamed?

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley forced anther punt, but fumbled next play.... WL converted 4th and 20 and then scored... 7-7 14 seconds left in 1st

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

You have to pay OHSAA if it is being streamed

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

7-7 end of 1

2nd and 10 valley

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

lineman7 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:28 pm Valley forced anther punt, but fumbled next play.... WL converted 4th and 20 and then scored... 7-7 14 seconds left in 1st
Ouch. Indians can’t be happy about that.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley driving throws INT returned to 10 yards line

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

lineman7 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:37 pm Valley driving throws INT returned to 10 yards line
Valley shooting themselves in the foot it seems.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

TD WL 13-7

Went for 2 because kicker didn't have a mouth piece lol and didn't get it

10 minutes left 2nd
Last edited by lineman7 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

C'mon tribe

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”