Freshman Team

Re: Rival: Warren @ Marietta

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Gonna be a great game !! Warren 28 - Marietta 21

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Post by UncleRico05 »

Warren playing for a share of the TSL. Marietta playing for a higher seed in the playoffs since they’ve already clinched a spot. I’ll take Marietta at home giving the TSL to Fort Frye. Good luck to Marietta in the playoffs. It’s been awhile.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Warren was eliminated from the playoff hunt last night, despite their win over Alexander. But it doesn't take away any luster from this season finale, Washington County rivalry. Both teams still have a lot to play for. A good opportunity to build some momentum going into next season. Both teams should be good next year. Should be a good one at Don Drumm

Go Blue!

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Excited to watch this one. Finishing at 5-5 after some of the losses this team took feels a lot better than 4-6. Big game. Control the ball on O and tackle well and I think we win. 21-14 warren.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren with a shocking blowout.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:04 am Warren with a shocking blowout.
No chance of a blowout in this match up. Neither team has a quality win on their resume. Both teams are 4-5 for a reason. Marietta has played a slightly tougher schedule and are playing at home (Warren 1-3 on the road) (Marietta only loss at home vs Fort Frye by 3), which could be the difference. Turnovers will be the key. Both teams have lost close games because of them.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Anyone know where I can find, or able to share results of the last ten meetings? Curious what the last decade has looked like in this rivalry.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

swamisez wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:04 am Anyone know where I can find, or able to share results of the last ten meetings? Curious what the last decade has looked like in this rivalry.
This site has an incredible collection of historical results. You can click into Marietta or Warren’s results and find the tab for the opposing school and look at a year-by-year list of results between the teams (there’s a tab for each opponent).

http://fourseasonsfootball.com/oh.html

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

WTAP will be broadcasting this game live, I believe on their MeTV channel. They also show it again tape delay, at 11:30 PM, on WTAP, if I am not mistaken.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
NoCouchCoach
Waterboy

Post by NoCouchCoach »

Should be a decent game looking for Marietta to take the win

Good luck to both teams

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good Luck to the Marietta Tigers this week. Coach Scob has done a good job of gettig the Tigers back to winning again. QB Drew Warden and Zane Wittekind will have a big game this . Thinking of going to this matchup , if Zane has a game like the Meigs game I see the Tigers prevailing here.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:38 am Good Luck to the Marietta Tigers this week. Coach Scob has done a good job of gettig the Tigers back to winning again. QB Drew Warden and Zane Wittekind will have a big game this . Thinking of going to this matchup , if Zane has a game like the Meigs game I see the Tigers prevailing here.
Warren has a few weapons there self and that’s more then just two players !!

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:17 pm
Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:38 am Good Luck to the Marietta Tigers this week. Coach Scob has done a good job of gettig the Tigers back to winning again. QB Drew Warden and Zane Wittekind will have a big game this . Thinking of going to this matchup , if Zane has a game like the Meigs game I see the Tigers prevailing here.
But according to you they don't even use their best player, right?

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Marietta has more than two players. Give me Warden, Wittekind, Smith, Lieras-Kelly, etc. over Warren's playmakers ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! The wing-T is looking like a well-oiled machine right now. If Marietta's defense can just a get a stop or two, it will be lights out for the Warriors.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

UncleRico05 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:30 am Warren playing for a share of the TSL. Marietta playing for a higher seed in the playoffs since they’ve already clinched a spot. I’ll take Marietta at home giving the TSL to Fort Frye. Good luck to Marietta in the playoffs. It’s been awhile.
If Warren wins, won’t there be a 3 way tie for the TSL.

Warren, Fort and Point all at 2-1?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Dundas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:47 pm
UncleRico05 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:30 am Warren playing for a share of the TSL. Marietta playing for a higher seed in the playoffs since they’ve already clinched a spot. I’ll take Marietta at home giving the TSL to Fort Frye. Good luck to Marietta in the playoffs. It’s been awhile.
If Warren wins, won’t there be a 3 way tie for the TSL.

Warren, Fort and Point all at 2-1?
The way I understand it, yes.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

To the surprise of no one, this will most likely be another TSL game within a TD either way. Marietta has some good players, no question. Comparing scores from other games is pointless in a rivalry game like this. Personally, I could see it being low scoring. In our defense, this will be the 4th wing T team we’ve seen this year, so that’s to our advantage defensively. Wittekind and Smith are both playing well though, so I’d make Warden try to beat us throwing. 54 and Smith are the kids who worry me the most to be honest. Should be a good game, and will be for several years. How many seniors does Marietta graduate off this team? We only graduate 4 again (somehow).

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

boss8 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:31 pm
But according to you they don't even use their best player, right?
[/quote
He is making a difference on defense right now …

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It maybe has the makings of a very good close ballgame. Marietta possibly with a slight edge being that it is a home game.

Return to “Football”