October 20, 2023 Marietta 28 - 24 Warren

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Re: Rival: Warren @ Marietta

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

boss8 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:31 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:17 pm
Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:38 am Good Luck to the Marietta Tigers this week. Coach Scob has done a good job of gettig the Tigers back to winning again. QB Drew Warden and Zane Wittekind will have a big game this . Thinking of going to this matchup , if Zane has a game like the Meigs game I see the Tigers prevailing here.
Warren has a few weapons there self and that’s more then just two players !!
But according to you they don't even use their best player, right?
2 weeks ago he was going to get ready for Wrestling and track. Now he’s back on the wagon. Gotta love it!

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Who will the rain affect the most.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

It’s Warren. Marietta hasn’t beat anyone any good. High scoring, Warren in a close one !

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:19 am
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:17 pm
Warren has a few weapons there self and that’s more then just two players !!
2 weeks ago he was going to get ready for Wrestling and track. Now he’s back on the wagon. Gotta love it!
Trying to keep it positive for him got a lot of people watching what I say and obviously your one of them because yea I said that but not on here it was on Facebook… Thanks for being a fan though !!!

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:03 am

Trying to keep it positive for him got a lot of people watching what I say and obviously your one of them because yea I said that but not on here it was on Facebook… Thanks for being a fan though !!!
Shouldn’t matter what you say or don’t say. A player shouldn’t get punished for what they don’t have control over. You keep preachin’. Scream louder for the doubters in the back.

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Post by UncleRico05 »

E High wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:13 am It’s Warren. Marietta hasn’t beat anyone any good. High scoring, Warren in a close one !
Not really sure Warren has beat too many good teams either. Nobody wants to talk about the Point Pleasant TD called back for holding late in the game and they had to settle for a FG to make it 17-12 instead of 21-12. Warren could easily be 3-6 right now with 2 wins against winless teams. So who has Warren beat that’s better than Marietta’s wins?

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:16 am
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:03 am

Shouldn’t matter what you say or don’t say. A player shouldn’t get punished for what they don’t have control over. You keep preachin’. Scream louder for the doubters in the back.
He is doing all the talking we need with his play on the football field!!

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

You'd think special teams would favor Marietta and IMO that's the difference in this one.
Should be best game in the county behind Fort Frye/Waterford, and Frontier/River. :lol:

E High
All State

Post by E High »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:20 am
swamisez wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:04 am Anyone know where I can find, or able to share results of the last ten meetings? Curious what the last decade has looked like in this rivalry.
. Great History. Marietta had some really good years, but the years in the Old COL were brutal. One of the top 5 conferences in the State at the time !

This site has an incredible collection of historical results. You can click into Marietta or Warren’s results and find the tab for the opposing school and look at a year-by-year list of results between the teams (there’s a tab for each opponent).

http://fourseasonsfootball.com/oh.html

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

At what point does Marietta fall to D4 in football? They can't be that much larger than Warren at this point, enrollment seems to continue to decline.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:03 pm At what point does Marietta fall to D4 in football? They can't be that much larger than Warren at this point, enrollment seems to continue to decline.
Not sure what the difference in graduating classes is, but a few years ago it was 30-40 kids I believe. Maybe more some years.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

boss8 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:03 pm At what point does Marietta fall to D4 in football? They can't be that much larger than Warren at this point, enrollment seems to continue to decline.
2023 enrollment numbers from OHSAA (boys grades 9-11):
Marietta 291
Warren 256

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Looking at current grade school enrollment, I'd say Marietta is only a couple of cycles away from dropping to D4. Warren actually has several classes that are a few students larger than Marietta. There are several private schools at the lower grades that account for some of that, but still. It's hard to believe how far enrollment has fallen. With Marietta being a population center, it seems like there has to be a floor for how far enrollment can actually drop.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 pm
Looking at current grade school enrollment, I'd say Marietta is only a couple of cycles away from dropping to D4. Warren actually has several classes that are a few students larger than Marietta. There are several private schools at the lower grades that account for some of that, but still. It's hard to believe how far enrollment has fallen. With Marietta being a population center, it seems like there has to be a floor for how far enrollment can actually drop.
That’s more current info than I had. Thanks for clearing that up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/14

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

14-14 at the half. Marietta somehow gets a take away on the 1 yard line right before half stopping a Warrior TD. Tiger ball to start the 2nd half.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

beg003 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:10 pm
You were correct, Marietta graduating classes are still a good bit bigger than Warren’s. I was just talking about enrollment at the elementary grade levels. I think Warren has a larger K, 2nd and 3rd grade or something like that. Looking at the future. Info from the ODE site.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:01 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:10 pm

You were correct, Marietta graduating classes are still a good bit bigger than Warren’s. I was just talking about enrollment at the elementary grade levels. I think Warren has a larger K, 2nd and 3rd grade or something like that. Looking at the future. Info from the ODE site.
Okay, that makes sense. Our K-3 classes are to the brim.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

21/14 Marietta

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Any updates?

Return to “Football”