October 13, 2023 Grandview Hts. 35 - 34 Valley

purplegold
Riding the Bench

October 13, 2023 Grandview Hts. 35 - 34 Valley

Post by purplegold »

Valley makes the long trek to Grandview Heights. Grandview's record is 5-3 but their opponents record is 18-46. I would venture to say if Valley played a similar schedule, their record would be similar as well. Hopefully the Indians can continue to build momentum off of the Oak HIll game. They were down 13-0 vs Oak Hill then pulled out 40 unanswered points after making personnel adjustments at corner.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Week 9: Lucasville Valley (2-6) @ Gradview Heights (5-3)

Post by VetteMan »

A pretty long trip for the Indians this coming week-end. I have no idea how good GH might be. Good luck to the Indians, hope you can bring a victory back to Scioto County.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I know GH has had good teams in the past but nothing I know abt them this year, good luck to the Indians

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Clueless about GH besides they have had some good teams in the past. Good luck to the Indians and get a win for Scioto county

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Just looking at GH record doesn't blow you away at all, they've beaten 1 win teams and lost to 2 win teams. Let's give Valley a little love in this one and give them 2 in a row as the youngsters try to close out the season strong.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I heard Coach Crabtree talking that Grandview wasn’t the same type of team that Wheelersburg, West, and Waverly were. I don’t know if Valley will win this game, but it’s hard to deny that they will compete. This season could’ve went South easily Valley, but but the kids and the coaches have held it together. I would like to see these young Indians pull off another victory and get in the playoffs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:45 am I heard Coach Crabtree talking that Grandview wasn’t the same type of team that Wheelersburg, West, and Waverly were. I don’t know if Valley will win this game, but it’s hard to deny that they will compete. This season could’ve went South easily Valley, but but the kids and the coaches have held it together. I would like to see these young Indians pull off another victory and get in the playoffs.
I would normally second that but with this Valley team being so young they've gotten a ton of experience this season, I'm not sure them getting in at the 15 or 16 seed would be helpful as Williamsburg and Versailles could do some serious damage.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:37 pm
Dan-The-Man wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:45 am I heard Coach Crabtree talking that Grandview wasn’t the same type of team that Wheelersburg, West, and Waverly were. I don’t know if Valley will win this game, but it’s hard to deny that they will compete. This season could’ve went South easily Valley, but but the kids and the coaches have held it together. I would like to see these young Indians pull off another victory and get in the playoffs.
I would normally second that but with this Valley team being so young they've gotten a ton of experience this season, I'm not sure them getting in at the 15 or 16 seed would be helpful as Williamsburg and Versailles could do some serious damage.
Yeah it’s tricky because normally a playoff game experience would be great for kids but I’m not sure this would help anyone it’s not that helpful to go out and just get flat out embarrassed and beat up one of these kids could get seriously injured

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:13 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:37 pm
Yeah it’s tricky because normally a playoff game experience would be great for kids but I’m not sure this would help anyone it’s not that helpful to go out and just get flat out embarrassed and beat up one of these kids could get seriously injured
Exactly, those guys have gained a TON of experience and played some good teams this year and when you start talking about possibly traveling to a couple teams that will win that region I just don't see any benefit. Valley has what 1 or 2 if any seniors on the team these guys have time next year to win some more games try to get themselves in the middle of the pack in the region and play a much more manageable and winnable game. I just don't see the need for it to happen even though it still could but I think given how beat up I'm sure some of those youngsters are I'd probably turn it down if I were the coach and look out for the future of my team.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

A lot of playoff points for Valley if they can get the win

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Its pretty cool to see games like this on the schedule, as in years past, Valley would only see GH in the playoffs.

I think this will be a very good ball game, and Valley will have a chance.

As far as the playoffs, I'm not sure I agree....I think the atmosphere, experience, would be great for Valley...they would know they are a big underdog, and theyd go play loose and have fun. Theres no team in the Region like Burg or West....and probably Waverly. I know Williamsburg pushed ND around, but I dont see Valley just getting a bunch of players hurt...

Again, just my opinion..but knowing what you face in the playoffs could pay dividends going to next year and beyond from and expectation standpoint..

Good luck to Coach Crabtree and the Indians tonight...safe travels and play hard!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:45 am I heard Coach Crabtree talking that Grandview wasn’t the same type of team that Wheelersburg, West, and Waverly were.
They aren’t. Valley should win this by 3 scores, easily.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good luck valley

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Versailles is like Wheelersburg, West and Waverly. But Valley got through those games in one piece, and with running clock rules in place, these types of games aren't as physically-tolling as in years past. I gotta agree with others above who view a playoff game as a positive for a young team like Valley regardless of the final score.

Much credit to the coaching staff and players for gutting this tough season out and putting themselves in position to play games that still matter in weeks 9 and 10.*

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:03 pm
Dan-The-Man wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:45 am I heard Coach Crabtree talking that Grandview wasn’t the same type of team that Wheelersburg, West, and Waverly were.
Wow. I don’t think I’d expect that. This team still makes young mistakes and think they’d have to play well to win. But you seem up to date on those teams. Does Grandview have any games on YouTube? Guess I could Google for myself. 😂

Will this game be streamed?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

It might be a good idea to let them see just how far behind they are and motivate them to work even harder this offseason but I worry for a kid like McNeil who probably will break the record at valley for most touches ever in a season(I don’t know for sure but I can not remember seeing anyone close to what he gets a game) that’s a lot of hits on a young man’s body I wish them luck no matter what happens as far as this game goes who knows I know we have had the harder schedule and possibly the hardest in our region so we will be ready

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:13 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:03 pm
Wow. I don’t think I’d expect that. This team still makes young mistakes and think they’d have to play well to win. But you seem up to date on those teams. Does Grandview have any games on YouTube? Guess I could Google for myself. 😂

https://ghathletics.org/2023/10/13/foot ... -for-info/

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

d-5 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:23 pm [quote=Dan-The-Man post_id=2082713 time=<a href="tel:1697217221">1697217221</a> user_id=19847]
[quote=formerfcfan post_id=2082698 time=<a href="tel:1697212995">1697212995</a> user_id=132]
[quote=Dan-The-Man post_id=2082314 time=<a href="tel:1697031926">1697031926</a> user_id=19847]
I heard Coach Crabtree talking that Grandview wasn’t the same type of team that Wheelersburg, West, and Waverly were.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you! Can’t make the trip tonight with the kids.

Also Izladoom, my guess is the Buckle kid had double the touches of McNeil last year. Heck Coach Keller probably tripled that back in the day.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:50 pm
d-5 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:23 pm [quote=Dan-The-Man post_id=2082713 time=<a href="tel:1697217221">1697217221</a> user_id=19847]
[quote=formerfcfan post_id=2082698 time=<a href="tel:1697212995">1697212995</a> user_id=132]
[quote=Dan-The-Man post_id=2082314 time=<a href="tel:1697031926">1697031926</a> user_id=19847]
I heard Coach Crabtree talking that Grandview wasn’t the same type of team that Wheelersburg, West, and Waverly were.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you! Can’t make the trip tonight with the kids.

Also Izladoom, my guess is the Buckle kid had double the touches of McNeil last year. Heck Coach Keller probably tripled that back in the day.
[/quote]

Keller had a lot of touches but he always went for way more yards so I think it seemed like had a lot more than he actually had and we had good receivers and I feel we spread the ball around Morse but McNeil is basically the whole offense this year

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Grandview blocked punt for a TD.

GH 7
Valley 0

7:20 to go in the 1st.

Return to “Football”